February 2015

Options
@johng1973 I started a thread for this month to chat because I always have trouble finding where we are. Hope that's ok?

After being back to good eating for a month, when I woke up this morning I rolled over and didn't feel the same familiar roll of tummy fat rolling over with me! It is sooo hard to get started on a diet, but so worth it when you finally begin to "feel" the difference. My husband has been telling me for a couple of weeks that he could tell, but I just wasn't feeling it. Finally hurrah! These are the little ephiphanies that keep me going.

What keeps you motivated everyone?

Replies

• johng1973
    johng1973 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No problem at all! Post as many discussion as you want!

When I was in my "thinner" days I loved going shopping for clothes (back then I had the wallet for it) because I actually enjoyed trying things on and looking good in "slim" trimmed clothing. I spent quite a bit of money back then and want to be able to fit in those clothes again. That's one of the things that keep me motivated. That section of the closet had been calling my name each day...waiting, just waiting.

I'm slowly starting to fit in those clothes again. Albeit still a little too tight, but at least I can put them on now.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Where is the spreadsheet for February?
  • TheresaKnits
    TheresaKnits Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is nice when you start to get back into your old clothes. The first time I did this (10 years ago), I had been saving my "skinny" clothes for so long that they had gone out of style. LOL But it was fun getting to buy a whole new wardrobe. I kept all the weight off for about 7 years then it slowly started creeping back. So January 1, I began again at exactly the same place I was 10 years ago. The good thing is that I know that it is indeed possible for me to accomplish this!
  • apparatus195316
    apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This might be TMI, but I really go by how my undies fit. When the straps aren't digging into me so much, I'm happier :)
  • johng1973
    Options
    Haha! You'd probably be surprised at how many people gauge their progress by clothes...and underwear! Mine is my Banarepublic Bootcut jeans...I have a slim, OK, and fat pair. The fat pair I no longer wear and the OK pair are fitting a little snug. I'm making progress :)
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let people know my losses will slow and maybe even stop for while because I've started lifting as part of my workouts.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow, well that was a pick-me-up. I felt like this week was bad because I am a little higher today than I was earlier this week. It turns out I actually lost another 1.2 lbs this week. I'll take it!
  • johng1973
    Options
    Congrats Patrick!!! Keep up the good work!
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You too, John!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    are we doing one for march? i've given up the one guilty pleasure foodstuff that I know has been keeping me from losing weight and now that the end of my next to last college semester is almost here I'm really going to be getting back into this!
  • johng1973
    Options
    I just added March, same link. I've hidden January and February so if you want to see your progress it's there. I think quite a bit of people took a break in February including myself. But I still logged every week to make sure I wasn't gaining too much. I cleaned up the list for people that stopped logging. If you need to add yourself back on please do so!! Sorry I haven't been active this month - lots going on right now. Will be more active this month!! Enjoy!!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    for some reason the spreadsheet isn't working as far as showing weight and % lost. i put in my weight for today and it didn't work. i also can't get the link posted for the challenge to open, it says there's a problem loading it. maybe it's just my computer being stupid, not sure.
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you John
  • johng1973
    Options
    I corrected the spreadsheet!
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you John