Pregnancy & swimsuits

Options
mel02monroe
mel02monroe Posts: 7 Member
I am starting to swim laps this week and am 6 weeks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy so I don't know what to expect going forward. I am not showing yet, but I am thinking I will need to plan ahead as this is the best time to buy swim suits. Does anyone have suggestions on what style is comfortable for swimming laps but accomodating for pregnancy? Thanks!

Replies

• kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I bought a maternity suit when my regular one didn't fit anymore. Those may not be on clearance right now because you'll likely have to get it at the maternity stores. And they're probably not the best for lap swimming, but maybe you could find something good online. But you'll probably be able to wear your regular suit for quite awhile. Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • mel02monroe
    mel02monroe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I guess I will have to check out a maternity store. I have a long torso so it's always hard finding a swimsuit, which is why I was hoping to look before swim season starts. But, I guess its probably impossible to know how big I will get anyway, huh?!
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a long torso too and I'm pretty sure it's what made my pregnancies fairly easy. Hopefully it's the same for you! It also means that you probably won't get real big too quickly, if ever. I ended up getting a tankini maternity suit which was comfortable.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Some of us guys could probably use a "paternity" suit (bathing, that is) - especially some of the guys who come into the pool wearing Jammers or, God forbid, a Speedo......
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Macstraw wrote: »
    Some of us guys could probably use a "paternity" suit (bathing, that is) - especially some of the guys who come into the pool wearing Jammers or, God forbid, a Speedo......

Lolest Mac
    I am one of those jammer men, but I'm not yet at the budgy smuggler level :smiley:
    Really had a good laugh at that one!!!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Yeah, the world ain't ready to this in a jammer - it would be a literal definition of the suit's name......
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I just couldn't resist:
    bvpt17okeobc.jpg
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't be looking anything like that - more like 50 lbs. of crap stuffed into a 25 lb. bag....

I think "Budgy Smuggler" should be the brand name....

Saw a new one today - guy shows up wearing a bathing suit that looked like the "boy shorts" that the teenage girls wear. Thankfully, that was as I was leaving.....