Gaining weight while doing everything "right" - help!

Options
Could use any words or encouragement and any advice. I'm willing to share my food and exercise logs-- idk what I'm doing wrong!
I started a few weeks ago. The first week I lost .7 pounds and was happy about that.
I've been religious about eating right, drinking water and working out like crazy and I've gained 4 or 5 pounds over the last 9 days.
I'm so incredibly discouraged right now. No female issues impacting things right now... I have no explanation.
Would love any suggestions or motivation. Thanks.

Replies

• Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's really, really hard to add 4 lbs of fat in 9 days even when not calorie counting. It's water, normal fluctuations. There's dozens of reasons "why", just know that everyone goes through it and it normalizes.

Example: Working out like crazy - you're muscles replenish glycogen and store extra water with it. This is a very good thing, but can really make the scale jump.
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have to agree sounds like water weight which happens to us all but good news is it will adjust back down.
  • zorks4ever
    Options
    Be sure you are eating high fiber & high protein foods. Also, take your body measurements. If you are losing fat but gaining muscle, it will show in your measurements, not the scale. How do your clothes feel?
  • scott9398
    scott9398 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have watched my food intake and sodium intake like crazy, and I can tell you that the day after my "legs day", I put on 1-1/2 to 2 pounds. Its extra water being stored up in the muscles that have been stressed. Water is one of the main components in muscle recovery.