Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wanted; Keto friends

bikrchic15
bikrchic15 Posts: 5 Member
Hi, I started Keto few days ago. I have a little experience with a ketosis diet when I was on HCG drug couple yrs ago for a short time and lost weight, but put it back on pretty quickly. :(

I love cheese, so of course this diet appeals to me. I like that I feel like I'm cheating when I'm not! lol I am not a fan of cooking so diets have always been even more difficult. I do best on cooking everything up one day a week and staying to simple repeat recipes. Last night my husband and I had loaded broccoli, it's a keeper. I would like some MFP Keto friends because I want to see how you guys do it, see your diet logs (even thought they are not perfect) maybe I will see a easy snack I never thought of, or a brand name of something I you use that has better macros than mine. etc. I also feel having some MFP Keto friends will keep me more accountable on MFP. I hate logging food, but I need to do it until I know best how my body reacts.

I have set a goal of reaching 145 by my birthday May 9th. Thats 1.6lbs a week. I am 160lbs today, I have been in Ketosis for 4 or so days.

Replies

• csmezc
    csmezc Posts: 5 Member
    Feel free to add me...... I am about 60 days into keto. Have about 20 lbs. to reach my goal. Weight loss has been slow for me, but I am a regular at the gym..... I do both cardio and weight training and have seen losses more in size and muscle gain than on the scale. My username is csmezc

Thanks
  • Jackattacks28
    Jackattacks28 Posts: 9 Member
    Feel free to add me! I have been on keto for about 3 years now. I do have my slip ups every 3-4 months or so but keto has worked wonders for me, I have lost 110LB+ and also put on some muscle, I love this lifestyle and welcome everyone!
  • AButsGPC
    AButsGPC Posts: 4 Member
    I am in want of friends as well :) Down about 5lbs so far and loving this lifestyle.
  • ChesKrieg
    ChesKrieg Posts: 24 Member
    Anyone can add me, totally looking for a bunch new friends to keep me on track and to find new keto foods and idea's. :) Currently on Keto for past 3 weeks.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    add me too I have been doing keto on and off since January but two weeks ago something clicked and I have been doing so good now (did have a cheat day with the hubs but never again) anyway I even went and joined the gym (huge step for me) but I love it. Anyone is welcome to add me could def use the motivation
  • angkrf
    angkrf Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, feel free for any of you to add me. I have been doing keto since January. I have lost around 12 lbs since. The wt came of quickly at first (water wt most likely). Now the wt loss has become super slow going-up and down. Right now I am reading through the web trying to figure out if I am doing anything wrong. I have been staying in ketosis pretty easily up to this point (I bought the breath ketone analyzer and it is alway red). I want to lose 30-40 more. I will keep going, working to make this a lifestyle change!
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Feel free to add me, anybody. I've been doing keto for a few weeks and have been really happy with how it is going. Also, could use new active friends, a lot of the my older friends are MIA.
  • bikrchic15
    I have many friends now. thanku all so much! I would like to follow along with the friends I have now, I'm getting to many to keep up with so I would like to ask that i not get anymore requests so I can get to know all my new friends.
  • akmorton1980
    akmorton1980 Posts: 1 Member
    I am looking for buddies too!
  • noelty
    noelty Posts: 6 Member
    Started a week ago and have already lost 6 lbs...go ahead and add me.
  • owencassie
    owencassie Posts: 30 Member
    Started mid January and finally hit the 35 lb mark. Would love more keto friends!
  • laniereed1717
    laniereed1717 Posts: 6 Member
    angkrf wrote: »
    Hi, feel free for any of you to add me. I have been doing keto since January. I have lost around 12 lbs since. The wt came of quickly at first (water wt most likely). Now the wt loss has become super slow going-up and down. Right now I am reading through the web trying to figure out if I am doing anything wrong. I have been staying in ketosis pretty easily up to this point (I bought the breath ketone analyzer and it is alway red). I want to lose 30-40 more. I will keep going, working to make this a lifestyle change!

• ebonydivine
    ebonydivine Posts: 5 Member
    New to keto as well about a week in 2 lbs down
  • bikrchic15
    I have many friends now. thanku all so much! I would like to follow along with the friends I have now, I'm getting to many to keep up with so I would like to ask that i not get anymore requests so I can get to know all my new friends.
    sv55umod8flb.jpg
  • Sezeme
    Sezeme Posts: 1
    Anyone can add me. I need a support group as I approach 2 month ketoversary. User name : sezeme
  • amyteee91
    amyteee91 Posts: 1 Member
    Also looking for keto buddies. :) I lurk the keto reddit, not ready to post there yet :D
  • Sarasayshi
    Sarasayshi Posts: 12 Member
    I am new and can use friends too. I started Keto a few days ago. I have been lifting heavy for 4 years and maintaining the weight I lost 10 years ago ( about 75 lbs) but the weight is creeping up the past few months so now I am stoping with the intermittent fasting and high protein dieting and trying Keto.