Advice needed...I am a little worried

Options
2»

Replies

• LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I second Ruskinbarb's advice on the sugar free candy. Dessert is always the hardest for me, so when I'm going out I bring a couple squares of 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate or a few Atkins Endulge Carmel Squares. It makes passing on the dessert so much easier when I have an alternative!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    If you're going to try the sugar free candy route, make sure you try them a few times at home, first. People tolerate them differently, and it's better to know if it's going to go through you before you're stuck in a hotel room with other people.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Sugar free candy give me gas.... And sharts...nasty stuff...

The old persons mantra... Never trust a fart.
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Re mexican, I've found that our favorite local restaurant is wonderful about substituting sauteed veggies for the rice and beans, and there are several choices that work for me. One is bacon wrapped jack cheese stuffed prawns served with a red pepper sauce. Another is a marinated grilled chicken breast (chicken parilla - probably not spelling that correctly), carne asada works - it's just marinated, grilled skirt steak.
    For things to take with you, I love tins of smoked oysters, nick's spicy beef sticks (a gluten free no sugar added, grass fed beef stick that is better than any slim jim I had as a kidlet).