Good desert recipe

Options
I made a great dessert today that satisfies my chocolate hunger and need for protein.
It is black bean brownies. There are lots of recipes out there, but this one is the simplest.
1 box of brownie mix. ( read the labels. They differ in calories) 1 can black beans.
Rinse the beans and then put back in can. Fill the can with the beans with water. Add beans with water to blender and blend. ( It will look like soup.) Add the soupy mixture to the brownie mix, blend till moistened with a fork. ( Do not add eggs, oil, etc, ONLY BEANS.) BAKE as directed. I always find that if I bake a little less than suggested, the brownies are moister. What I liked about this recipe was 1. the brownies were not overly sweet, and 2. The boost of protein did not make me feel I wanted more! Good luck and let me know if you try it. <3

Replies

• littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try these. I think I might try cooking them in a mini muffin pan.
  • dmarie50
    dmarie50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Another easy one to try to satisfy your cake fix. Mix any cake mix with a can of diet soda that's it! Great combinations are diet orange soda and yellow or vanilla cake mix for dreamsicle, and diet root beer with chocolate cake. Search Google there are a ton of combinations to make. Only thing is the cake will be very sticky. I bake them as muffins using muffin liners for easier eating. Enjoy!
  • dpgalbreath
    dpgalbreath Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I made a great dessert today that satisfies my chocolate hunger and need for protein.
    It is black bean brownies. There are lots of recipes out there, but this one is the simplest.
    1 box of brownie mix. ( read the labels. They differ in calories) 1 can black beans.
    Rinse the beans and then put back in can. Fill the can with the beans with water. Add beans with water to blender and blend. ( It will look like soup.) Add the soupy mixture to the brownie mix, blend till moistened with a fork. ( Do not add eggs, oil, etc, ONLY BEANS.) BAKE as directed. I always find that if I bake a little less than suggested, the brownies are moister. What I liked about this recipe was 1. the brownies were not overly sweet, and 2. The boost of protein did not make me feel I wanted more! Good luck and let me know if you try it. <3

• dpgalbreath
    dpgalbreath Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Rinse the beans and then put back in can. Fill the can with the beans with water. Add beans with water to blender and blend. ( It will look like soup.) Add the soupy mixture to the brownie mix, blend till moistened with a fork. ( Do not add eggs, oil, etc, ONLY BEANS.) BAKE as directed. I always find that if I bake a little less than suggested, the brownies are moister. What I liked about this recipe was 1. the brownies were not overly sweet, and 2. The boost of protein did not make me feel I wanted more! Good luck and let me know if you try it. <how do you figure the calories. It sounds really good
  • eseviour1981
    Options
    I made a similar thing a few weeks ago for some friends:
    http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-gluten-free-black-bean-brownies/

It doesn't require a box of mix, and has very few ingredients in it. Basically, throw everything into the food processor and brownie mix comes out!!

I did find that they stuck to my muffin tins, so I'd recommend using paper cases or preferably silicone ones if you have them.