What exercises are you doing and how often?

Options
leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
It wasn't until I started to move my body did I see results.
Losing weight may be 80% diet however, I have a desk job and I have, I mean I HAD, a pretty sedentary lifestyle so in fact, I think if you are like this too, exercise has a much bigger role in your weight loss.

Replies

• leecha2014
    Options
    I go to the gym for ZUMBA which I love, I lift weights there and will do other cardio. I also have a home gym with a treadmill and weights and love to do home workouts so I can blast the music! I will sometimes dance with light weights in my hands! Can't do that at the gym :wink:
  • beautychicks
    beautychicks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also go to the gym but I love doing classes like body pump and pedal power(spinning). Exercising to music is fun and it makes is easier.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels. 30ds, yoga, kickboxing. Then walking/jogging. Try for 5 to 7 miles. I'm getting a bike for Mother's Day and am excited for 20 mile rides. In the summer I love kyacking. Really anything that keeps me going 1 to 2 hours a day.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    I've heard Zumba is great fun. 20-mile bike rides sound like torture. I have a bike, but it hurts! I am running (actually a run/walk right now) 4-5 days a week, and aiming for 2 days of strength training and flexibility though I often only do 1. I plan and would love to do yoga on my non-running days, but I always skip it even though I love it. I think I'm too hyper to settle myself down for it, but I really wish I would.
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I used to do Zumba in college, our rec center offered classes and loved it! I am starting TuboFire tomorrow, which I hear is a lot like Zumba but more kickboxy...I am also working on some 30 day challenges (squat, push-ups, burpees, wall sits, plank), as well as a lifting routine
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My exercises consist of walking on the treadmill, lifting weights as long as I don't go over 20 pounds and the Leslie Sansone walking videos. I have a heart condition that keeps me from being able to do anything that gets me out of breath or lifting over 20 pounds.
  • loram11
    loram11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love to walk, about 3-5 miles a day (more on weekends). Summer time I ride my bike to work and take weekend bike rides. Use free weights and if the weather is crappy outside I like to use our Wii and Just Dance. Also love the stability ball for abs. Summer is also time for those weekend mountain hikes (Montana).
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I usually do cardio and abs 5-6days a week. At home I have Hip Hop Abs and DRG Yoga as back up when I can't get to the gym due to weather. I hope to start doing some weights at the gym.
  • ec00
    ec00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to do some Zumba, even take some pole dancing classes (I hear they're a workout), but at my weight I'm reluctant, maybe if I had a friend willing to join. For now, I'm on the treadmill 30 minutes. I'll gradually increase. Great Job Everyone!
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, Stair Stepper, Elliptical and all the different Weight equipment at Planet Fitness.
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ec00 wrote: »
    I would love to do some Zumba, even take some pole dancing classes (I hear they're a workout), but at my weight I'm reluctant, maybe if I had a friend willing to join. For now, I'm on the treadmill 30 minutes. I'll gradually increase. Great Job Everyone!
    Don't worry about "friends" do it on your own, cause when they flake out it'll just be an excuse for you to stop, If they want to join good but either way do what you want to do you don't need anyone holding your hand along the way.
  • ec00
    ec00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ec00 wrote: »
    Don't worry about "friends" do it on your own, cause when they flake out it'll just be an excuse for you to stop, If they want to join good but either way do what you want to do you don't need anyone holding your hand along the way.

Very true!
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lots of walking. Last summer was the first time I actually went out to our state parks multiple times a week and just walked. Sometimes with my son and husband, sometimes with friends and some times just alone. I put a baseball game on my headphones and just walk and it really clears my head.
    I've recently discovered Linda Sansone's Walk at Home dvds. I should have been doing these all winter! Lots on youtube and free at the library. She adds some aerobics in and the pace is fairly fast so it's a nice workout.
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    jenjim2021 wrote: »
    Lots of walking. Last summer was the first time I actually went out to our state parks multiple times a week and just walked. Sometimes with my son and husband, sometimes with friends and some times just alone. I put a baseball game on my headphones and just walk and it really clears my head.
    I've recently discovered Linda Sansone's Walk at Home dvds. I should have been doing these all winter! Lots on youtube and free at the library. She adds some aerobics in and the pace is fairly fast so it's a nice workout.

SORRY! That's LESLIE Sansone.
  • zacksnana
    Options
    My exercises consist of walking on the treadmill, lifting weights as long as I don't go over 20 pounds and the Leslie Sansone walking videos. I have a heart condition that keeps me from being able to do anything that gets me out of breath or lifting over 20 pounds.

Dang you never stop amazing me. Wow. You are letting NOTHING stand in your way. Kudos!!!!!
  • zacksnana
    Options
    HopeToRun wrote: »
    I've heard Zumba is great fun. 20-mile bike rides sound like torture. I have a bike, but it hurts! I am running (actually a run/walk right now) 4-5 days a week, and aiming for 2 days of strength training and flexibility though I often only do 1. I plan and would love to do yoga on my non-running days, but I always skip it even though I love it. I think I'm too hyper to settle myself down for it, but I really wish I would.

I'll go to a yoga class with you. We can run around tipping everyone over when they get in those weird poses we can't do. :D
  • Testami73
    Testami73 Posts: 35
    Options
    I lift things up and put them down. ;-) My preferred exercise is strength training. I use cardio equipment for warming up beforehand. I also walk outside, dance around the kitchen with my kids, and play 1:1 basketball with teenage boys a couple times per week.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »
    HopeToRun wrote: »

I'll go to a yoga class with you. We can run around tipping everyone over when they get in those weird poses we can't do. :D

That sounds more up my alley
  • kellysamsmom
    kellysamsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I joined Snap Fitness and I am loving the Zumba and yoga classes. I just ordered the DDP Yoga dvds so I can do more at home. Can't wait to try them...anyone done those before?
  • leecha2014
    Options
    I love Zumba, I've not tried the home videos but would love to hear how you like them? It would be so handy to have the option of doing it at home too.