Been recipe experimenting

Options
JPW1990
JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
Earlier today, my husband made jalapeno poppers with crushed pork rind and parmesan coating. Didn't have an actual recipe, just winged it, but they turned out really good. Later tonight, I made what I'd originally bought the peppers for - bacon jalapeno fat bombs. I think I liked the regular poppers better.

Just saw this tonight, and added it to my some day when I get around to it pinterest board:
Butter Pecan Suffice-Cream

Anyone tried something new lately?

Replies

• MrsNonsense
    MrsNonsense Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 7 and tried making chocolate mousse a few days ago but it was weird. I got some stevia today, some bakers chocolate and I'm gonna start looking into those fat bombs.
    Also, I saw this sugar free chocolate peanut butter recipe on fb today so I'm definitely going to try it!
    5txx4vt9kqkx.jpg
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    It would depend on how it's being made sugar free, but a lot of the sugar free candy in general scares me. Bad Russel Stover experience once. Not as bad as some of the sugar free gummy bear reviews, but close enough.
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Earlier today, my husband made jalapeno poppers with crushed pork rind and parmesan coating. Didn't have an actual recipe, just winged it, but they turned out really good. Later tonight, I made what I'd originally bought the peppers for - bacon jalapeno fat bombs. I think I liked the regular poppers better.

Just saw this tonight, and added it to my some day when I get around to it pinterest board:
    Butter Pecan Suffice-Cream

Anyone tried something new lately?
    I found a recipe on the net called Chicken Bombs. They were for grilling, but the option was there to bake and to use chicken breast instead of thigh.
    Basic recipe - clean a jalapeno popper - stuff with a mix of cream cheese and a cheese you like (amount of both will be small given how small jalapenos are usually), place this in the middle of a chicken thigh - wrap that thigh around the popper, then wrap the stuffed thigh with a piece of bacon and cook. If you search on chicken bomb I think you will find the recipe :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @MrsNonsense My variation of chocolate mousse (since it won't let me quote you for some reason) is literally HWC, cocoa, and stevia. Period. It is awesome. I have to be careful or I'll do ounces of of it instead of TBSP. I made a 4 oz portion of HWC, used 1-2 TBSP of cocoa powder (I have Hershey's Special Dark - a little higher in carb, but love the taste), and I think 2-3 packets of Pure Via Stevia (I use just enough to cut the unsweetened edge of, not to sweet flavor..) dump it in a mug, then use a whisk (hand or mixer) until thick. Use in moderation.

And @JPW1990 , literally everything is new to me, as I've only been LCHF since 1/15 and Keto for about a month. Feel free to check my diary if interested, but I think my favorite discoveries are my own cinnamon chocolate fat bomb and jello fat bomb (I think I posted both recipes in the fat bomb thread here).... We made a chicken cordon blue this past weekend that was good but dry....
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    raventwo wrote: »
    I found a recipe on the net called Chicken Bombs. They were for grilling, but the option was there to bake and to use chicken breast instead of thigh.
    Basic recipe - clean a jalapeno popper - stuff with a mix of cream cheese and a cheese you like (amount of both will be small given how small jalapenos are usually), place this in the middle of a chicken thigh - wrap that thigh around the popper, then wrap the stuffed thigh with a piece of bacon and cook. If you search on chicken bomb I think you will find the recipe :)

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-bombs-499604

I think I might mix green chiles with cream cheese & shredded cheese and cook that in the middle of a bacon-wrapped chicken breast or thigh this weekend.
  • MrsNonsense
    MrsNonsense Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    It would depend on how it's being made sugar free, but a lot of the sugar free candy in general scares me. Bad Russel Stover experience once. Not as bad as some of the sugar free gummy bear reviews, but close enough.

Just liquid stevia and vanilla extract.
    http://m.sugarfreemom.com/3bj18nw/articles/97304/Sugar-Free-Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Easter-Eggs-Dairy-Free-