What type of cancer...

Options

Replies

• ghnewport
    ghnewport Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stage 2A Multiple Myeloma diagnosed about 8 years ago . BMT about 7½ years ago with follow-ups every 3 months. Labs are starting to show something is happening again. No chance of another BMT since I was recently diagnosed with uncompromised cirrhosis...and I don't even drink! And no chance for a liver transplant because of the myeloma.
  • caseybondis
    Options
    Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) when I was 17. Did 3 years of Chemo!
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Stage 4 Type 2 Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma Grade 3. (Kidney Cancer) Diagnosed at age 25 in 2010. Currently 3 1/2 years NED. :)
    CNaylor77 wrote: »
    Kidney cancer.

*hugs*
  • ihaterunning23
    ihaterunning23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    stage 3 Hodgkin's lymphoma
  • Pinkpedals
    Pinkpedals Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BrendaBlis wrote: »
    were you all diagnosed with, if you don't mind sharing. I had colon cancer.

I had endimtero cancer in 2000. Im cancer free.
  • LSamara
    LSamara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lung cancer.
  • melbnz
    melbnz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Breast cancer
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February, had lumpectomy in March, and will be doing radiation in April. Thinking about seeing a nutritionist who specializes in helping people going through rad and chemo. Any advice is appreciated!
  • Victwapz
    Victwapz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Neuroendocrine carcinoma (fallopian tube)
  • spicypisces22583
    spicypisces22583 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thyroid

• SettledSue
    SettledSue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Clear cell endometrial.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Thyroid cancer diagnosed and treated in 2006, reoccurence in 2008 and treated, NED since 2009.
  • RunninginHighHeels
    RunninginHighHeels Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stage 3, Grade 2 Breast cancer (Triple Neg). I finished radiation last month and am finally (slowly!!!) reclaiming my health & my life after 10 months of various treatments!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Papillary thyroid cancer in 2000 resulting in total thyroidectomy.
  • rankingfullstop
    rankingfullstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I might have replied to this some time ago but I was diagnosed with MPNST in 1999 (left hip). I've had two recurrences; one in 2008 (right calf) and another in 2010 (lungs). Two years ago I was diagnosed with a spinal lesion. It turned out to be benign (my Neuro-oncologist said she would have bet her house that it was malignant) but my T12 vertabra was removed as my spine would have collapsed if they let it go.

The surgeries have left me with some degree of disability and I wear a leg brace and it's hard for me to bend over due to my fusion. I ride a recumbent trike and I'm slow but I managed a 35 mile ride in PA this past weekend. Lots of hills and it was rough.

My treatments have included four major surgeries, 6 sessions of AIM chemotherapy, over 60 sessions of proton radiation and one heavy dose of stereotatic radiation. Lots of biopsies too - I've lost count. I'm one of the very few long term survivors of this cancer who have experienced mets to lungs. I'm followed by a major research hospital and they're baffled as to why I'm still alive.

tdu6awnqk3z4.jpg

I've attached a picture of my spine. I wrote my story on another forum and when anyone Googles the type of surgery I've had it's the 2nd or third link.
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Head and Neck
    SQUAMOUS cell carcinoma (based in tongue)
    1 year ago after lump popped up on neck I had tonsils removed and was diagnosed. Had radical neck dissection to remove Stage4b 6cm tumor. Followed by aggressive radiation and chemotherapy. Last treatment was in December. Scan in March is clear.. trying to get back to "normal"

Advice to anyone with this type of cancer who is getting aggressive treatments. Demand peg tube be placed before treatments. I had excellent care BUT by the time they put in my PEG I was malnourished (no food in a month), dehydrated and on my death bed in the hospital. They put feeding tube in my nose then week later put in PEG (had to wait for white cells to rise from chemo). This all could have been avoided by placing PEG before treatment started and I could have probably avoided the drastic weight loss and weeks in a hospital bed.

Currently off all meds and excerisising regularly. Joined here to try to start eating right instead of just a little better.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Leukemia (APL) in January of 2015
  • KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Colon cancer and lymphoma 2014, after chemo and radiation for both,my numbers are good, that's as close to being "cured" as the drs will say . I'm doing the happy dance!!!

• kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi KimP ((((hugs)))) I'm finished w/chemo and I'm in remission. I consider myself a survivor.
  • MichelleLagatule
    Options
    Colon Cancer 2011 - Living with small bowel removed large bowel -