What motivates you?

Options
Is it a person, picture, item or goal? Tell us what motivates you to lose weight, get in shape, stay in shape or just in general!

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Currently, my motivation is that I want to get healthier and try to avoid a lot of the chronic health problems that run in my family.
  • shelbymikszath1
    shelbymikszath1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Currently, my motivation is that I want to get healthier and try to avoid a lot of the chronic health problems that run in my family.

Thats good motivation! Hope this group helps you to stay healthy!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

That pretty much sums up my motivation.
  • MaryM1024
    MaryM1024 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What motivates me, is looking back at pictures of myself of when I first met my hubby 5 years ago. Since then I had pur daughter who's turning 3 & I recently underwent a cervical arthroplasty (total disc replacement at the c5-c6 level with an artificial disc) on Jan 5th. I have lower back issues where the doctor wants to do surgery, but I'm trying to hold out on that. (My injuries were from being attacked during a random act of violence back in 2008 & they have progressively gotten worse over the years.) I want to be back to being healthy & pretty to where I don't get the negative comments from others.
  • sarabclaypole
    sarabclaypole Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My wedding photos motivate me as I did really well and dropped body fat as well as gaining lean muscle. I know I can get there again! X
  • blucas2013
    blucas2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sunshine motivates me, I love warm weather. Trail running is motivating as is feeling strong and athletic.
  • blucas2013
    blucas2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

That is a great goal. Avoiding chronic health conditions is a must do!