RED Team

Options

Replies

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Yay Julia!! Congrats!!

Didn't get off work til 1 am so slow getting challenges up :( Be up shortly.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Week 3 Weekly Challenges...

***Keep in mind that these challenges are voluntary and not mandatory. Feel free to join us for some of them or all of them if you like.

Mon 16th:
    Fitness: Any upper body workout
    Nutrition: Eliminate ANY caffeine from your meal plan today

Tues 17th:
    Fitness: Do a yoga workout
    Nutrition: Stay within your suggested caloric intake

Wed 18th:
    Fitness: Go for a bike ride or run for at least 30 mins
    Nutrition: "Eat a big salad" Day :)

Thur 19th:
    Fitness: Any lower body workout
    Nutrition: Try a new recipe (post picts if possible)

Fri 20th:
    Fitness: Any cardio workout
    Nutrition: Protein is your friend....eat it!!

Sat 21st:
    Fitness: Work your core muscles (planks are excellent for that...just sayin :smiley: )
    Nutrition: Drink a protein drink

Sun 22nd:
    Fitness: Rest!! Rest!! Rest!!
    Nutriton: Drink half your body weight in WATER

• 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Congrats Julia on the great loss!!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    How we doing Red team? I'm having a very busy week.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    - Did a mini upper body work out with dumbbells.
    - I'm consistently staying right at my calorie goal so far this week,
    - had the salad when I lunched with friends yesterday (and checked out the restaurants' s dressings online to choose the perfect one),
    - plan to try a new recipe before the week is over,
    - have done much better with cardio this week:180 min gardening and 10 minutes dancing to the music I heard my son working with downstairs. (actually have done about an hour more gardening, but I log a little less that I do because the calories seem high. Probably won't seem too high when the weather warms up more),
    - for my core muscles, I spent one day remembering to flex my tummy muscles while walking and even sitting. Realized that night, just how out of shape I am and how much I need to continue to do that if I ever want to be able to hold my post-2 child tummy in again,
    - Had the protein drink.

This week just seems to have gone better; more orderly.
  • JMarcella57
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Happy almost weekend everyone! :D
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    You are doing amazing Julia!!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    I'm battling the worst head cold. Congested, sore throat, cough, can't sleep....and on top of all that, I'm on a 9 day stretch at work. Not off til Fri. :(

I NEED SLEEP....LOL.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    I'm battling the worst head cold. Congested, sore throat, cough, can't sleep....and on top of all that, I'm on a 9 day stretch at work. Not off til Fri. :(

I NEED SLEEP....LOL.

Hope you're all better and rested. (*)
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »

I NEED SLEEP....LOL.

Sorry to hear this. Sick and winter together are no fun. Gets lots of sleep and hope you feel better soon!

• Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry I have been MIA, been on a sugar bender and totally off focus. Have put on weight not happy about that at all. Looking to get back in control this week. Have caught up the spreadsheet with my sorry weigh-ins. My current short term goal is to get off this sugar bender. Completed 2 days successfully so far. I realise I need to take small steps to get my focus back. Lots of planning and preparation required.
  • JMarcella57
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Onoiam50 - Welcome back. The weekly weigh-ins are big help. Glad to see you are current with that. Congratulations on 2 days off sugar! It's going to be a great week, I'm sure.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Thanks Ladies for you well wishes. Note to self...getting off at 1 am doesn't help head colds get better...Lol. Will post challenges shortly.

Deb, glad you joined us. No worries. I did terrible this week due to this pesty head cold and working every day. Today is a new day in a new week.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Still feelin terrible :(

Mon 23rd:
    Fitness: N/A
    Nutrition: N/A

Tues 24th:
    Fitness: Cardio workout at least 30 mins
    Nutrition: Stay within your suggested caloric intake

Wed 25th:
    Fitness: Total miles challenge
    Nutrition: Drink your favorite protein shake

Thur 26th:
    Fitness: Any HIIT workout
    Nutrition: Protein with each meal today.

Fri 27th:
    Fitness: Try to reach 10,000 steps today
    Nutrition: Eat 5 servings of fruit/veges

Sat 28th:
    Fitness: Total minutes challenge
    Nutrition: Eat as "clean" as possible

Sun 29th:
    Fitness: Rest Day!!
    Nutriton: Don't forget to drink your WATER
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, Gals!
    Bridget, I hope you are better.
    Deb, good job getting back on the horse!
    I've been MIA myself. As most of you know, we have been moving. It's still very busy, and it has been a week and a half. I guess I'd forgotten how much moving can interrupt things for a while. We are all sore and exhausted, and have been taking turns not feeling well. But...we are thankful for the new place and very happy to be here. :)
    I will be even happier once everything is in its place. You should see it here. I sincerely thought we had done a great job at simplifying, and therefore this would be a quick and easy move, but so many boxes full of stuff are still waiting on me.
    You may have seen my post that I couldn't find my scale. Bought another one that is going back to the store. Ordered a third one online, which arrived today. ...It doesn't work! Almost funny. ;)
    As you would imagine, I am getting lots of exercise in. I'm watching what I eat, as well. But I miss the challenges.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Hi Kris,

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new place. We miss you!! But understand the demand moving to a new place put on you.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Bridget - Thanks for the weekly challenges. This week's challenges have reminded me to refocus on the protein, vegetables and fruits in my meals. My calorie levels have been good, but the quality of what goes into them was starting to slack a bit. At 1200 calories, I do best if those are all quality, nutritious calories. Yesterday, I was successful in putting good protein back in along with an assortment of vegetables and fruits. I still need to work on consistent exercise and remembering to drink extra water. The water will be back on target today. Tomorrow I will focus on a doable exercise plan incorporating cardio and weights. (Doesn't mean I won't do anything today. Just means that tomorrow I will have a doable, executable plan.)

Kris - Did you ever find a scale that works? Seems like it shouldn't be so difficult but we had a hard time finding a good one too. Finally ended up getting the kind of scale that you typically see in the doctor's offices. :D

Deb - Hope all is going well with your anti-sugar campaign this week.

Have a great weekend Red Team! (*)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Okay, found a Flexter phone app with a "30 Day Beginner Challenge". Will do this in addition to gardening/hiking and dumbbells. I like that the calisthenic routines don't take long, but quite successfully remind me just how out of shape I am. I like that it's laid out for me so I don't have to think about it and by each exercise there is a video of what it should look like. -- Day 1 done. B)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Great job Julia!! Keep up the great job.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Go Red Team! Have a great week everyone. B)