Headaches

Options
1briannamom
1briannamom Posts: 16 Member
Has anyone experienced headaches while changing their diet?

I've been eating healthier for about 9 weeks now, joined a gym a month ago.

I never used to suffer from headaches, but I seem to get them often now - especially in the evenings.

Could it be sugar withdrawal, or something similar?

Replies

• malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Possibly free toxins now coming out
  • kalin73
    kalin73 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It could be anything. Try doing breathing exercises. Yoga helps with relaxation. Or maybe see a doctor if it persists
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    what kind of headaches are they?

My instant reaction when I feel a headache coming on is to chug water. I'm awful at keeping myself hydrated.

How are your sinuses? have you had your eyes checked? if it's just in the evenings it sounds like there's something going on in the day that's starting it... Have you changed anything? How's your posture? Headaches can be from neck strain, have you changed your pillow or anything? More stressed recently?

I wouldn't think it would be withdrawal etc after 9 weeks unless something more drastic changed recently.
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Consider what new foods you have added to your diet. Even healthy foods can cause problems if you're sensitive to them. Some common problem foods that are often thought of as healthy are soy, tomatoes, dairy, eggs, and wheat.
  • Braincatcher
    Braincatcher Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It could have nothing to do with your diet an exercise, and more to do with the change of seasons. Barometric pressure changes trigger migraines, and allergy season is upon us.
  • crystalarmendariz83
    Options
    I have type 2 diabetes and my doctor told me if you get them often it's sugar levels have you gone and seen a doctor ? I would .There are always ways to help the head aches go away .
  • aronkerr71
    Options
    Are you eating enough? I am not an expert (for sure!) but I am getting them too. I really struggle to eat enough when eating clean and I think my headaches are to do with hunger in the mid/late afternoon (ie after gym, then light lunch, then work for a few hours). Water is important too though
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It could have nothing to do with your diet an exercise, and more to do with the change of seasons. Barometric pressure changes trigger migraines, and allergy season is upon us.

Yes -- and allergies too. Even if you've never suffered from allergies, you may be slightly sensitive and a headache is how that presents it. I also second the suggestions to drink more water. That helps a lot.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? I get them when it's been awhile since I've eaten. Make sure your eating small snacks throughout the day and that might help!
  • 1briannamom
    1briannamom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your suggestions and advice.

My dietician looked over my food diary and didn't see anything suspicious.

The trainer at my gym suggested more water. (He drinks 5L a day! That seems like more than I could hold.)

Doctor noted my blood pressure was slightly elevated (126/88) and suggested I get my eyes checked.

Turns out I should be wearing reading glasses. Feeling much better now!
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Glad it worked out. Maybe all the tips will help someone else who came to this blog with their own headaches. :smile: