Help not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem for two years or so, except I've also gained from time to time. For two years I've eaten around 1500 calories a day (with a few periods of 1700 a day thrown in, like when vacationing, holidays, etc. but not more than 15-20%) while exercising regularly. (5-6 days per week). And over that time I've gained nearly 20 lbs. I wish I knew the answer. For both of us.
  • EPK1071
    EPK1071 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have not gained any but I do plateau for long periods. I stay away from any processed foods. I have gone so far as to do all my own baking for the family also. We do not eat any fast food at all. Have you had your Thyroid checked? Sometimes you do everything right and gain but it is a medical issue. Hormones also. I have an autoimmune disease and sometimes it messes me up. But I have found it stays under control with lots of exercise and diet....I wish you the best of luck!!
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sounds like several of us in the same situation. Good for us for keeping motivated
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    @EPK1071‌ what autoimmune issue do you have? I was diagnosed with mild lupus which my doctor put on my chart as autoimmune syndrome to keep me from being flagged by insurance companies. I've been in remission for over 10 years now, but I wonder if that could contribute!
  • EPK1071
    EPK1071 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. None of the medications they gave me worked. I even tried Enbrel. It has been three years now since my diagnosis. So I manage medication free. I have learned that if I do nothing my pain level is horrible. But if I exercise although sore from my workout I don’t notice the other pain as much.
  • louise5779
    louise5779 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I watched a programme on diets and wightloss the other day. It's said that plateau's happened because when you lose weight your body naturally uses less calories per day to function because you are smaller. So to over come a plateau you need to exercise more or cut your calories again. Cutting more calories can't always be done so more exercise if you can.
  • kalin73
    kalin73 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    EPK1071 wrote: »
    I have been tracking my calories for 118 days religiously. I exercise six days a week . I have added muscle but not making any progress on weight loss for about a month now. I rarely and I mean rarely go over my calorie goal of 1420. Not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

What type of meals are you having?