Getting water in, need help!!

Options
jmac4263
jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
Biggest downfall, water intake. I know it is but i simply dont drink that much maybe 2 bottles a day- MAYBE- I have found that I wont drink from the tap as it has a chemical taste- So i bought filtered water bottles, they become a hassle because you have to squeeze them so hard.- My fridge at work is tiny and doesnt hold much-

Any best solutions to getting water intake in?!?

Replies

• amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have about a liter as soon as I wake up to get things going in the morning and use an app on my phone for reminders throughout the day.
  • kalin73
    kalin73 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    Biggest downfall, water intake. I know it is but i simply dont drink that much maybe 2 bottles a day- MAYBE- I have found that I wont drink from the tap as it has a chemical taste- So i bought filtered water bottles, they become a hassle because you have to squeeze them so hard.- My fridge at work is tiny and doesnt hold much-

Maybe invest in a cooler bag and keep the water with you. Always have one on your desk. Water is a must
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    jmac4263 wrote: »

I didn't like those filtered bottles either, too much work. I have reusable 32oz bottles and I fill two of them from my brita at home and drink those at work. I try to drink the first one in the morning and the second with lunch and after. Then I fill one up again at home and drink that! I'm drinking 100+ozs a day. Took a few days getting used to but it's natural now. I start my morning with 16-20 ozs and go from there.

Hope that helps
  • Juskiyah
    Juskiyah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I got this infused water bottle where I can put fruit in the middle and I'm TRYING that.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i find that i don't drink anywhere near as much water as i should be drinking either. i've been trying to keep a water bottle (32oz) with me at home and work. we have a water dispenser at work and i try to drink one bottle while i'm there and fill up to have one for at home until i get back the next day. some days i do pretty well and others i am only drinking about half...i just don't feel thirsty and hate having to get up and use the bathroom a bunch of times throughout the day or get stuck dealing with something where i won't be near a restroom for a while. i've tried adding lemon or lime, which helps a little. might have to try setting a reminder on my phone/outlook or something to keep me sipping regularly.
  • lbreito78
    lbreito78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot more if I put cucumber slices in it. I would never drink the water where I work so I put a bottle in the freezer for the afternoon.
  • trillionblue
    trillionblue Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've installed the "Water your Body" app on my phone which is constantly reminding me to drink and it has really helped me increase my water intake for the day. The first few days were hard as I was not drinking the recommended 2.5L but now it's easier to work around it. Also I keep a 500mL bottle on my desk that I keep sipping at/refilling during the day. Having it close to you will make it easier too. I'll drink even when I'm not thirsty as I know my body needs it and my mind may not realise it. Best of luck! :smile: