Crossfit

Options
charmcity10
charmcity10 Posts: 9 Member
I was wondering if anyone else here does crossfit? I've been at it for about 2 months now and was wondering how long it took others to see results and if it helped with weight loss. I love it so far but just curious about other's results.

Replies

• d_boo
    d_boo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear as well. I used to be a pretty "hard core" athlete (did an Ironman triathlon in 2006), but since kids (2008 & 2010) I've really stopped exercising. So sad. But because of my history in college sports and triathlon, I like the concept of crossfit b/c I like Olympic lifting (anything less seems "why bother" <--totally stupid mindset, but just part of who I am). I also like the concept of going really hard but for a pretty short period of time (especially compared to endurance training). My biggest challenge is fitting workouts in around kids and full time work...
  • CarolynInDC
    CarolynInDC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've done crossfit in the past, and currently do a crossfit-style bootcamp. Love it, can feel the difference in my body, and recommend it so long as you select a good gym that will watch you closely as you learn proper form/lifting, which helps prevent injury.
  • kmbailey42
    kmbailey42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did Crossfit for 6 months before we moved. The nearest Crossfit to me now is 45 minutes away. Before we moved I was a 4 to 5 time a week wod, now I go 2 times a week and do Cardio and calisthenics 2 to 3 days. I love it, especially the strength training. I did not change my eating habits. The first month the scale went up 5 lbs! I was so depressed but I kept at it. By the end of month 2 I noticed my pants fitting not so snuggly but the scale was still 5 lbs more than I started. After the 4th month the scale finally started to go down. Overall I have lost 8 lbs. I feel I have gained a lot of muscle and new friends and paleo type recipes that are becoming more enjoyable
  • radwest
    radwest Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit three to four times a week. Although I love the workouts, I found that I need to supplement the workouts with extra workouts to meet my goals. I also started getting a muscle imbalance that caused me some knee pain. I have since added back leg day with exercise prescribed to me by a personal trainer with a focus on physical therapy to overcome the imbalance and regain my full knee capability. If you change your diet (or already have a clean diet) you will see serious results. The workouts are intense. I am often left on the floor after a workout doing "sweat angels".
  • scjgreenan
    scjgreenan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit for the past 1.5 yrs and it has completely transformed my body. But in reverse, but for me that's a good thing. I gained weight, I went up a few pants sizes(matter of fact jeans don't even fit anymore) :\ But I am completely in love with my new body. The weight I gained was muscle, the jean size was because I know have a bootay and thighs! ;) I've watched so many peoples bodies change including mine and my husbands. I've gained a lot of muscle so if that's what your looking for go for it :) I much rather do a WOD then run on a treadmill for an hr, but that's my personal preference. Good luck on your journey. :)