Misc. Chat Thread - Feb. / March 2015

Options

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    @Canadianlbs I gave Mr. Quarter Squats the thousand yard stare but mentally I was giving him the subtle middle finger.

It's been a while since I've been here in the community. I've been taking the bulk of March off since I injured myself. Honestly, I didn't want to come in and get sad that I couldn't work out. Happy to report I'm feeling better, though. I'm going to go to the gym today and get back on the horse, albeit an extremely de-loaded horse.

I was on travel this week and it's a good thing I wasn't trying to lift anything because there wasn't a weight to be found in the fitness center at the hotel. The place was crazy small, like 5x8, maybe, with a broken treadmill, elliptical, and bike stuffed in it. There were also a ridiculous number of coaxial cable hookups but no TV.

I was supposed to run a relay race today but it was cancelled due to heavy rain. Thank goodness because I wasn't about to run in that. I almost called out so I could lay in bed until noon. Supposed to happen next week.

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    crabada wrote: »
    Just needed to vent. Thanks.

i'll come put myself shoulder to shoulder with you. i just keep spelunking through 'business rules', and writing tests, and test scenarios, and scrabbly little top-of-my-head back-of-a-napkin 'test plans', and 'test scenario sets' or whatever the *kitten* . . . and i keep discovering new corners and wrinkles and twists. it's like trekking over the gobi desert on foot. i'm not sure how many of the little *kitten* i have at this point, but i do know i have 12 separate sheets open in the excel workbook that's storing them all, and i think each sheet averages something like 40 cases. including the ones that are actually an entire suite of related tests in one mega-minimalist bullet-point list.

i'd hate this job if i could spare any attention from it for frivolities of that kind. it feels like i need to wait until it's all over with before i can let myself do things like that. because here in the deep thick of it, hating it isn't going to be any use.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    i'd hate this job if i could spare any attention from it for frivolities of that kind. it feels like i need to wait until it's all over with before i can let myself do things like that. because here in the deep thick of it, hating it isn't going to be any use.

SO MUCH THIS! Ain't nobody got time for the hate right now. But it's there. Oh yes, it's there!
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I found my favorite perfume I thought was discontinued today at Kohl's hidden behind the One Direction fragrance (yes 1D has a fragrance; I assume its putrid). They only had the one ounce size so I might go back and stock up like a Elaine Benes and her sponges.

I also bought some new workout clothes while I was there. New workout stuff is so motivating :smiley:
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I did a photo shoot for the dayhome that my kids go to. I finally managed to get the photos all edited, printed and off to the other parents and it seems like they liked them. I am quite happy since this is the first time I took pictures for someone other than myself.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am officially back to pre-baby weight (baby is 19mths old, HA!). I started back on MFP 2 days after she was born. I have tracked for months at a time and then dropped off for a bit, then got back to it. I started with walking, then jogging again, then when she was 1yr I signed up for the gym and began lifting. I have lost 10lbs since then, but gained so much more in strength and confidence! I just had to share with my 5x5 peeps. Thank you all for your motivation and friendship :smiley:
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @symba1130‌ , it's taken me 3.5 yrs to get to pre-preg weight. You are doing great! In my own defense, I did not discover MFP until late last year
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    -and congratulations!!!
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Congrats symba!!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    symba1130 wrote: »
    I am officially back to pre-baby weight (baby is 19mths old, HA!). I started back on MFP 2 days after she was born. I have tracked for months at a time and then dropped off for a bit, then got back to it. I started with walking, then jogging again, then when she was 1yr I signed up for the gym and began lifting. I have lost 10lbs since then, but gained so much more in strength and confidence! I just had to share with my 5x5 peeps. Thank you all for your motivation and friendship :smiley:

*clap clap* that's a huge achievement!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My baby is 5 :P
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY Symba!!!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I also bought some new workout clothes while I was there. New workout stuff is so motivating :smiley:
    Isn't it the truth! I did the same thing this January! Now I can almost fit into my "old" workout clothes so I'll soon have new old workout clothes! Lol! Really though, enjoy!!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    I just had to share with my 5x5 peeps. Thank you all for your motivation and friendship :smiley:

this is really cool. it's hard to imagine this place without you, so the thanks go both ways.

• canadianlbs
    Options
    it's amazing what a difference 12 hours can make. i woke up early enough for an am workout, but decided not to just based on how i still felt a little dragged out. i actually set out for work thinking it could be time to take a rest week.

come the end of the day - pretty exactly 48 hours since the last workout - i had to headlock myself to bypass the gym and come home. only reason i did is because i am kind of a fan of the morning-workout right now, and the idea of having to wait two more sleeps before i could try it out made me sad.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank You @missholidaygolightly, @llamapants86 and @sumiblue. Now to get back to lifting and getting strong again!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am looking to connect with other women who eat big and lift heavy. I keep getting requests from young ladies battling eating disorders and just want to surround myself with strong *kitten* women lifting heavy things. I haven't started the strong lifts program but will be doing squats with barbell today. I could use some friends here.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Welcome @JayRuby84‌ No worries if you don't do SL.. a lot of people here have transitioned to other programs and are still active in the community. We love supporting women who lift.

I had a few friends that seemed normal but turned out to be into starvation and it was unnerving. Diaries with sub 300 calories, pics of skin and bones, self-flagellation for eating, others encouraging the behavior, etc. It was disturbing and I had to remove them.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    no gym. i went and saw an ex-colleague/friend and his wife who had their first baby last week, and spent most of the evening being the person he was sleeping on so they could, like, do things that involved the use of their hands.

completely worth it. holy wow, brand new babies are cute. they don't do much, but they're like little styrofoam peanuts or something. this one's so new he's still got the shape of his original packaging. but the main point of going was for the grownups. i think they just needed someone other than themselves to come over and marvel at him and agree with them about what a cutie he is. which i was happy to do, and i'm also really touched that it turns out i'm the first non-relative who's ever seen him. aside from official people like hospital staff, of course.

so overall i think i'll call it a win.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

Huzzah!!!! <3<3<3