Multi Vitamin

Options
rgoodeats
rgoodeats Posts: 16 Member
Any suggestion for a good multi vitamin. The one I'm taking now is like chewing a giant sweet tart and I'm really getting sick of it.

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I take 2 adult gummie multivitamins morning and night. Not a fan of the giant sweet tarts either!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I take two gummie multi vites and two gummy vit c every morning with breakfast.
    My surgeon suggested the gummies and not the chew tabs - he felt it was easier on the digestion process.
    He did say I could take liquid multi vites, but haven't found any - except Vit B complex - I take that sublingual 1xmonth.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Funny, my surgeon suggested chewables rather than gummies because he feels gummies are harder to digest. It's funny how things differ from surgeon to surgeon.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    3 yrs out, bariatric advantage makes a capsule, 3 per day recommended, but one a day keeps my labs fine, plus calcium which i do not absorb well.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I use Bariatric Advantage. Some days I use the big "sweet tart" chewables, but most days I use the capsules. My labs are always perfect.
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I got tired of the chewables and swapped to capsules about 1 yr post-surgery. My vitamin levels have not dropped at all. My doctor says there is no difference between tablets, capsules and chewables as long as they aren't time release. I had the bypass, not lap band.
  • dolphintattoo
    dolphintattoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use the Target brand adult gummies, generic of the brand name. I have lapband so it may be different for bypass patients, but they go down after chewing fine for me.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    wellesse has a whole line of liquids including multi, but its taste is not that great either. Great for the months right after surgery though.
  • amylb0822
    amylb0822 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a gastric Sleeve and am doing 2 adult gummie chewables per day... they work for me so far.
  • Bugged53
    Bugged53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Centrum for Woman has a chewable vitamin with iron. I was only able to get it on Amazon.