Weekly Post - 22/03/ - 28/03/15

Options

Replies

• iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    FD#2 for me today and after my blow-out celebration dinner last night its just as well. I'm still full up from a steak dinner, I ate twice as much as I would normally do on a weekday so quite happy to live off herbal tea and a few veggies today. @karen_fitzgibbon‌ I know exactly what you mean, any processed foods make me feel bloated and sluggish these days so I try to stay away from them.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I fasted yesterday and jumped on the scale just to see where I was at because I ate so much crappy food this weekend. Much to my surprise, I was down to 165.8!!! Lowest I've been since I was about 18 weeks pregnant! This was also the first "mini" goal I set for myself, so I'm super proud to reach that!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! I fasted yesterday and jumped on the scale just to see where I was at because I ate so much crappy food this weekend. Much to my surprise, I was down to 165.8!!! Lowest I've been since I was about 18 weeks pregnant! This was also the first "mini" goal I set for myself, so I'm super proud to reach that!

Awesomeness!!!!!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Yay! That's so exciting! Congrats :D
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options

Whoohoo! :grinning:
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    @jknight001‌ Well done - awesome feeling!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Finally a day at my desk after a week long training and another all-day training yesterday. Wish I could say I'm getting smarter as a result lol.

I personally love training because it gives me a bigger perspective outside of my day-to-day tasks and opportunity to talk to other people outside of my normal scope....HOWEVER, that means not getting my everyday work done. So feeling a bit flustered and all over the place! Need to write me a to-do list!

I have been fasting consistently during the week, but also eating WAY TOO MUCH (also consistently lol) during the weekend. However, the plus side of this is that I don't gain and maintain my previous week's lowest (but don't make any progress haha).

This morning I was back at my previous lowest (286.8)...yay 280's! Love it when it starts with that! I am fasting today so we'll see if I can get any lower tomorrow, but I'll still be happy when I don't see 290 something lol! That's my goal of the weekend- don't get back over 290!!! Stay in the 280's even for my highest weight of the week. THAT is the progress I want!

((((((HUGS to everyone from your absent MFP lol)))))) I still heart you~ absence makes the heart grow fonder right????
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hugs right back @thecarbmonster! Fast day for me. Going okay...didn't weigh the steamed red snapper my hubby made for lunch so not quite sure how much that was, but as it was steamed with no added fat I think I'm okay. Cheers to all of the fasters today! Went a tad over my TDEE for yesterday but have done loads better and not like a thousand calories over like usual lol!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hey Carbi! Nice to see you hear again :)

18h and I just had my fast day dinner. A bit over on the cals and quite a bit over on TDEE on the last two days. Not expecting much of a loss this week, but if I land between 57-58kg I'm still maintaining..... Just can't seem to get out of maintainance mode :o
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Fast day yesterday. This week I'm just going to do the one fast. All that moving has exhausted me. I spent most of yesterday sleeping. So lots of healthy but calorie dense foods today and over the weekend.

Happy fasting to everyone fasting
  • ACSL3
    Options
    FD#2 for me today (Friday). Woke up and immediately made some hot tea to help me get through not eating anything for breakfast :)

I've been weighing myself, but don't want to record anything until I can get a more stable number. It looks like my weight is going down, but it's hard to tell when you're standing on a scale that's on a rocking ship. I can stand on it 3 times in a row and easily get numbers that are in a 10lb range! I try to step on it when the ship isn't rocking as much so that's why I think the number is going down, but I'm going to wait until we get back into port to actually record anything ;)

Happy Friday to everyone, both fasting and feasting :D
  • snaps27
    Options
    Completed my second fast yesterday just over 600cals so, was okay. Today is a TDEE day for me and did tons of walking and gardening so even though I celebrated the start of the Easter break Holidays with the kids at McD's I have made it under my TDEE. I have managed to do this all week which has been a great success of me, I finally feel back in control. I will wait and see what the scale says on Sunday.
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    3rd fast almost done, lentil soup for supper, I don't always do 3 but no opportunity to eat today- other than cake and chocolate-resisted otherwise it could have been over budget, so feeling very much in control which is nice as its been a difficult week at work and usually I would have scoffed loads of rubbish. Instead I have swum it out and hopefully this will be a good habit.
    Good luck to those moving or just moved and hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)
  • ACSL3
    Options
    Finished FD#2 last night a bit over (700 instead of 500 Calories), but I'm happy with it.

Awesome resistance @cal0rina! I always feel happy when I can walk away from cake too! I feel like this lifestyle is helping me gain more control over what I eat - still have some boredom and emotional eating to deal with but I feel it's easier to walk away since starting 5:2 :D
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks ACLS3, we can always have it tomorrow :D
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hear you @ACLS3 - boredom an impatience somtimes gets to me on FDs too, but as @cal0rina‌ says - tomorrow we can always have pudding :smiley:
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Yay for the weekend! Tomorrow my baby girl comes home from uni for a whole month, can't wait! Also nice NSV for me: today I'm taking a couple of pairs of size 18 jeans to the charity shop as they are falling off my waist. :D Question for UK ladies:- I have several pairs of M&S classic jeans and a couple of pairs of Per Una, all the same size. So how come the Per Una ones still fit me (albeit with a belt) while the M&S ones are now too big? They are the same style (waist high boot cut). I love Per Una but do generally find the sizing a bit snug. What's going on there then?
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Sunday here and yesterday I did my second fast day for the week. I'm not feeling very energetic lately so I'm going to up my protein, lower my carbs and try to cut out the crap. Hopefully that'll help :smile:

Happy days and awesome nights everyone
  • snaps27
    Options
    Went quite a bit over my TDEE yesterday, but managed to lose .8 lbs this week. Next two weeks will be tough with the kids off school...always more temptations around. Hopefully I can maintain. Have a great weekend everyone. :D