Thing that make you :)

Options
Latse
Latse Posts: 61 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Last night I couldn't help smiling like a fool as I ate the skin off my chicken w/o feeling guilty for it!

Other thinks that make me smile due to Keto, besides the weight-loss:
- Full fat cheese (fresh from the cheese factory, I live in WI, got to have fresh)
- bacon
- BPC
- buying the cheap ground beef
- Bacon
- Real Butter
- Did I say Bacon, I really REALLY LOVE Bacon

What makes you smile?

Replies

• vanhavely
    vanhavely Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1.) Bacon & bacon grease to fry my eggs in.
    2.) BPC and pumpkin spice flavor.
    3.) BUTTER on everything!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    HWC
    Cream Cheese
    Havarti

(in addition to all the above, of course)
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Not having to constantly think about eating. Even yesterday's "early" breakfast (at about 9:30) didn't leave me starving at noon, and I only just started feeling the need to eat around 6:30. I don't know how the six-meal-a-day people can do that.

Ordering an omelet that already comes with ham and cheese, and adding sausage and sour cream to it. :)

Being able to eat butter straight and having people who can relate and won't look at me like I grew a second head.

Not feeling guilty for not eating a bunch of veggies every single day.

Lard.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Mmmm...butter.

And bacon grease.

And tallow.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    BPC
    Bacon
    Omelette
    Smoked Salmon
    Cali rice
    Zoodles with bacon
    Butter
    Salt
    Fat bombs (those with cream cheese especially)
    MIMs
    Raspberries and blueberries

My list is long :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    My co-workers have been commenting on my weight loss. What makes me smile is to tell them how I have been losing weight, and what I have been eating......Bacon, eggs, butter, whipping cream and cheese.....and even though they can see with their own eyes that I am getting smaller......they still don't believe me that I have been losing fat by eating fat !

It also makes me smile that I can eat my bacon and eggs and BPC in the am, and feel satisfied and full all day long.

Oh and cauliflower soup made with butter, cream and cheese, maybe with bacon on top, yum.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    BPC
    Full fat ranch
    CHEESE
    BACON
    Looks of shock when ordering hwc at starbucks
    Eating all I want and still not meeting 1400 cals
    Fittign back into my old jeans
    Sudden flexibility
    BEING ABLE TO BE PICKED UP BY MY BF BRIDAL STYLE :D:D
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    real whipped cream
    never being hungry
    watching the doctor do a double take when ALL the numbers on the full blood panel are textbook perfect
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Not having heartburn so bad I can feel it in my ears
    Not having joint pain
    Having energy, even if I haven't found the motivation to use it yet
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Eating all I want and still not meeting 1400 cals

Don't rub it in! :sob:

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The incredulous look on the face of that man I married when he saw me tossing our greens with the hot chicken fat from the thighs I cooked on Sunday...only to be bested by the fact that he raved about them and came back for more.

That and pepper jack & cr. cheese stuffed in a baby bell or jalapeño, lovingly wrapped in 2oz sausage and baked - viola - armadillo turd.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Duck Fat!
    I've been cooking everything in duck fat lately. Oh, the crispy skin on salmon. Oh, the deliciousness of chicken wings roasted in it. Oh the stir fries with it!
    Total yum!
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    The incredulous look on the face of that man I married when he saw me tossing our greens with the hot chicken fat from the thighs I cooked on Sunday...only to be bested by the fact that he raved about them and came back for more.
    I cooked chicken wings in duck fat and use the fat from the roasting pan to stir fry the veges. It's a thing of beauty isn't it? :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Duck fat is the best for cooking and adding flavour ! The best part of cooking a duck is getting to save the fat for cooking !
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

That and pepper jack & cr. cheese stuffed in a baby bell or jalapeño, lovingly wrapped in 2oz sausage and baked - viola - armadillo turd.

I must try these armadillo turds.

Grandma used to make a salad with red butter lettuce, bacon, some tomatoes, and a dressing made from bacon fat, some seasonings and sugar. If i really knew the recipe I'd keto it.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think armadillo turds are going to be our new favortie! HAHAHA! Love it!
  • Latse
    Latse Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

[/quote] I must try these armadillo turds.

Grandma used to make a salad with red butter lettuce, bacon, some tomatoes, and a dressing made from bacon fat, some seasonings and sugar. If i really knew the recipe I'd keto it.
    [/quote]

That hot bacon dressing recipe is usually something like -
    in the pan you cooked the bacon in w/ the dripping still in there add
    1 part vinegar 1/4cup
    2 parts white sugar 1/2cup
    3 parts water 1cup
    thicken with a cornflour slurry

I have tried Ketoing the recipe by using both granular splenda and sweet drops sweetener and both were disasters
    If you can get it to work please share!

Now I just saute the spinach lightly in the bacon grease with a table spoon or so of vinegar.
  • SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love when people try to argue with me that this way of eating... (pick one or more):
    • will clog my arteries.
    • cause an early death.
    • is unsustainable.
    • results in high cholesterol.
    • causes kidney damage.

The last time this happened was last weekend when a lady (a nurse) at a social function noticed my wife and I had lost weight and asked what we had been doing. When I told her, she began scolding us like children about all the ways we were hurting our health. I should also add that this particular woman weighs, I would guess, over 200 pounds and eats like a horse.

When I told her my diabetes was reversed, that I had lost 55 pounds (27 for my wife), and that my blood test results had never looked better, you would've thought that would've shut her up. But no, she just kept going on and on.

Finally my wife just looked at her and said, "Well, I guess it's not for everyone. But it probably should be for some people." and we walked off.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    FXOjafar wrote: »
    I cooked chicken wings in duck fat and use the fat from the roasting pan to stir fry the veges. It's a thing of beauty isn't it? :)

I make crispy chicken thighs in a pan, then use some of the rendered fat to sautee down mushrooms and make a killer pan sauce. One of my kids eats it over rice like it's crack... I cannot make enough of it.

I also only eat spinach sauteed in bacon fat with red wine vinegar to dress it. My 14yo has decided she really likes it too.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Latse wrote: »
    That hot bacon dressing recipe is usually something like -
    in the pan you cooked the bacon in w/ the dripping still in there add
    1 part vinegar 1/4cup
    2 parts white sugar 1/2cup
    3 parts water 1cup
    thicken with a cornflour slurry

I have tried Ketoing the recipe by using both granular splenda and sweet drops sweetener and both were disasters
    If you can get it to work please share!

This is just about what my "Hot Slaw" recipe is that I use over coleslaw or spinach, depending on what's in the crisper. Mine doesn't use as much water, or a thickener, though. Just:
    • Equal parts bacon drippings and vinegar (I use apple cider), 1/3 cup each for 6 servings
    • About 3-4 TBSP of liquid sweetener (I use DaVinci syrup with no flavor, sucralose liquid sweetener)
    • About 1/4 cup water

That's it! Simmer all together, whisking. Taste test and add more sweetener if desired. It is not a "thick" dressing, but flavors the salad well. Add crumbled bacon to the greens w/ the dressing and toss for optimal yumminess.