An awesome success story

Options
JPW1990
JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
https://youtu.be/jPQwZcmFW4k

After he was profiled on Good Morning Britain, people recognized him from the before and after pics he'd been posting on /r/keto all along. He posted with a little more background info about what he's been doing. He's gone from 364 lbs to personal trainer.

With all the talk in the main forums about how people on LC can't exercise, I thought it would be nice to have an example of how wrong that is.

Replies

• sun_shine765
    sun_shine765 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • ybell300
    ybell300 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Great! That is really inspiring! What do they mean, lc folk can't exercise? Like we physically can't, or we shouldn't?
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have posted a couple times in the general forums about exercise, never had anyone say I couldn't/shouldn't/didn't even when I stated that I am keto. They were actually quite helpful, except for one, and he's one that's known to be a ....not nice person.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hog poopy. Exercise. Don't be ridiculous. It is cheaper than therapy.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    Great! That is really inspiring! What do they mean, lc folk can't exercise? Like we physically can't, or we shouldn't?

The standard "truth" in the main forums is that it's impossible to do anything more vigorous than grocery shopping unless you eat carbs before you do whatever activity. If you direct them to things like ketogains or different websites for cycling or running where people are LC, they'll insist they're all doing it wrong, or exceptions, or anything aside from being successful athletes or lifters.

Truth is, they're surrounded all the time by people who are LC and active, they just don't realize it because the first rule of keto is don't talk about keto (and the same extends to most other variations of LC).
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the carb lovers will tell you you can't possibly work out unless you stuff a banana in your face first. And a good whole grain sandwich afterwards. Us low carbers are frail things, barely able to drag ourselves out of bed in the morning from lack of "fuel".
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    the first rule of keto is don't talk about keto.

Now I want that on a tank top...for working out in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »

Now I want that on a tank top...for working out in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great idea! I want it on my gym top (now that I have finally started going)

• JPW1990
    Options

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=1548900987

*disclaimer - I used the site's built in generator to make that, so there is no profit in that for me, that only happens when you use a "shop" to sell your own custom, uploaded designs.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

The standard "truth" in the main forums is that it's impossible to do anything more vigorous than grocery shopping unless you eat carbs before you do whatever activity. If you direct them to things like ketogains or different websites for cycling or running where people are LC, they'll insist they're all doing it wrong, or exceptions, or anything aside from being successful athletes or lifters.

Truth is, they're surrounded all the time by people who are LC and active, they just don't realize it because the first rule of keto is don't talk about keto (and the same extends to most other variations of LC).

You gotta carbo load for a trip to the market dude.
    :D

Great post. Thanks for sharing it.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

*disclaimer - I used the site's built in generator to make that, so there is no profit in that for me, that only happens when you use a "shop" to sell your own custom, uploaded designs.

Oh, that's awesome, but I'd have to do it on a tank I already have. I, um, don't trust tanks I haven't tried on...some are almost obscene on me.
  • totaloblivia
    Options

Looks ace. Thanks!