Failing sucks.

Options
wwstewart
wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
So, here I go again, trying to maintain some semblance of control, but I think I need more friends to give me a motivational push when I'm slacking. Last time I lost 30 lbs, someone noticed. It was strange, but great. I want that back. If you can actually be motivating and want new friends, please send me a request.

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Replying to your title: Yes, it does. That's why I refuse to do it. Failure only happens when you give up.

As to your post… may I suggest that you don't rely on motivation? Create routines/habits for yourself. I certainly don't wake up everyday all full of motivation and ready to kick some *kitten*. But I have created a routine and some habits for myself that pull me through on those days when I'm just too d@mn tired. Or I'm discouraged. Or the scale isn't moving as fast as I would like it to. I workout because it's what I do right now. I don't know how to begin my day anymore without some form of physical activity right off the bat. When I get super hungry late at night I reach for fruit or string cheese or I may make myself a turkey sandwich… because that's what I eat. I still have chocolate left over from before Christmas. I still have an ice cream bar in my freezer. But I don't even think about those things anymore when I get hungry for a late night snack. Because it's not part of my routine.

With all that being said, Feel free to add me if you think I can be of help.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Replying to your title: Yes, it does. That's why I refuse to do it. Failure only happens when you give up.

The only thing that can ever truly defeat a man is himself.

chin up. feet forward. keep moving.
  • Charles1964
    Charles1964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Failing does suck.I have tried and failed so many times.I'm almost 400 pound and diabetic.This time failing isn't an option.
  • energy820
    energy820 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    … may I suggest that you don't rely on motivation? Create routines/habits for yourself.

Great advice! Totally agree. I'm still working on implementing the most effective habits and routines.
  • silverteacup
    silverteacup Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I agree with the comment about a routine. It's an established routine that gets me through any day.

I'll send you an invite.
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Routine is key. I have learned this the hard way by doing it wrong, many times over. Creating the good habits and routines are always the hardest for me because I am seem to fall back into old habits at any time.. even after months of doing good. Whoever said it takes 21 days to make something a habit lied... lol
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to build small routines. I don't think it's good to completely write off motivation, because that can be a powerful tool for people who get down about themselves easily.

Thanks for your feedback. :)
  • cyndylopez
    cyndylopez Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone you need both routine and motivation. But you can't relay totally on just one, you need both. Motivation can come from anywhere not just someone else telling you that you did a good job. You need to find something you can use to help motivate yourself. Then when other people notice you weight loss it will fill even better.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    wwstewart wrote: »
    I'm starting to build small routines. I don't think it's good to completely write off motivation, because that can be a powerful tool for people who get down about themselves easily.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Motivation is great. You don't have to write it off. I simply suggested you don't rely on it, because it fades. Motivation gets you started. Habit keeps you going.