Let's Get to Know You

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello Everyone,
As some of you may know I was away on holidays for a couple weeks and have been struggling to find my motivation.

This morning I have been reading lots of forums and figured it was time to get serious again. In saying that, I think it is also time to get to know everybody in the group. I have some pretty basic questions that will help us move forward. All answers are voluntary.

1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live.
2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP
3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using
4. What is your daily routine
5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post)
6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you
7. Do you want mini challenges?
8. Any other information you might think we need to know.

You are all wonderful

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    1. My name is Cindy. I live in a small town called Port Hope in Ontario Canada. I was widowed in 2003 after 19 years of marriage and three kids. I got remarried 11/11/11. I have a 7 year old granddaughter and a baby boy coming in april.
    2. My weight this morning...i peeked...was 193.6. My lowest adult weight ever. I have been using MFP for 11 months. I love it.
    3. My first goal is 180. I am doing basic calorie counting. 1250 is my goal for the day. I am attempting to lower my carbs but definitely not low carb.
    4. My daily routine is pretty boring. I have neuropathy in my feet. Fibromyalgia and arthritis. I have had many knee surgeries the latest being a knee replacement that actually has to be redone. Once the warm weather get here I hope to get out walking again.
    5. I log in on my phone mostly but sometimes use my tablet or laptop.
    6. Friday are fine for me but any day is OK.
    7. I can't really exercise so it would depend on the challenge.
    8. I had stomach stapling surgery in 2001 and went from 333 to 197. Over the years my weight crept back up to 239. That scared me straight. I found MFP and have not looked back.
  • sarabclaypole
    sarabclaypole Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Hi i am 32, got married last September and i live in Rotherham, United Kingdom.
    2. My current weight is 147lbs, not sure how long I have been on here but i have only just discovered the community part last week! Its like gold dust!
    3. Goal weight right now is 138 lbs, i am calorie counting, doing as much exercise as humanly possible and eating loads of protein
    4. Daily routine involves working a 6 hour day, lucky me then working out.
    5. Phone and laptop
    6. Friday works for me
    7. Mini challenges look good to me!
    8. I am one determined lady!
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1) 22, single, no kids
    2) joined MFP in 2012. I had lost close to 25 pounds before starting. Lost another 15+ after. Started back up 2 weeks ago about 10 pounds above my first time on MFP
    3) Goal weight between 145-150. I'm currently monitoring calories. Doing group exercise classes 5/6x a week & short HITT interval runs on some of those days as well.
    4) Working out 5x a week. 1500 calorie goal, but I'm not anal about going a little over (50-100 extra calories don't bother me)
    5) Mobile log on mostly
    6) Sunday
    7) Sure, mini challenges might be fun
    8) I AM going to achieve my goal this time
  • Lisa_M_8
    Lisa_M_8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1) Lisa, 34 from Staffordshire, England Married, 2 girls aged 5 months & 3 yrs and a baby girl in heaven.

2) I've been on and off MFP for several yrs between pregnancies but only just found community! This time starting weight at start of jan was 225 lb, currently 199 lb, goal weight around 140 (being a Brit I have to keep converting stone to pounds for forums!)

3-4) I'm calorie counting logging everyday. I'm using the gym 3-4/wk doing group classes as I find them the most motivational & harder to slack off plus gives me definite times to be at the gym.

5) I log on mobile

6) I currently weigh Monday mornings but norm do a mid week weigh too.

7) yes to mini challenges!

8) Its my daughters baptism in July & we go on holiday the day after so aiming to be well on my way to target by then...
    I'm also doing this to improve my mental health after a tough few years
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1. Hi, I'm tiffany. 32 year old married mother from Michigan
    2. Currently sitting at 190, I've been off and on mfp for a few years
    3. My goal weight it 145. I got down to 165 and got frustrated by stagnant loss. I watch my calories and am set up with my biggest loser xbox program for working out 5x a week
    4. I work 4 hours a day during the school year, then come home for a workout before i get the kids. In the summer, i run my family farm.
    5. I log in using my phone
    6. Only been back for a week, so I'm not set in on a day yet
    7. You all are amazing, and will do great things. You can do it!
  • itsme444
    itsme444 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. Hello I am Lisa 48 years old and married to my high school sweetheart. I live in Ontario Canada and I have one 26 year old son.
    2. I am currently 175 pounds and have been using MFP since 2012 I believe
    3. My goal is 155 pounds and I am eating healthier with a goal of approximately 1200 calories a day. In the last 6 months I have lost 22 pounds and feel great. I love yoga and do it about 3+ times a week. I also workout with a personal trainer and try to get 10,000 steps a day wearing a Fitbit.
    4. I work during the week and try to get to the gym at lunch - I also have a dog so that helps me to get lots of steps in everyday. Living in Canada I am just able to get back to walking outside again now that some of the snow is gone. - it was so very cold in February and March.
    5. I use my phone to log in during the day but also check my laptop in the evening.
    6. I have been weighing in on Mondays but can change to any day that works for the group.
    7. Love mini challenges.
    8. As much as I have been using MFP for so long I have not been consistent or used the groups or message boards for support. I am very excited to be a part of the group and look forward to learning and sharing. Going to Jamaica in May so need to really be good this April.
  • Mkhoran13
    Mkhoran13 Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1. I'm Meagan. I am 25 years old and single without any children. I currently live in Allen,TX and work in downtown Dallas, TX. I recently started a new job that keeps me extremely, busy I'm gone from 6:45/7to 6:45/7 during the week and by the time I hit home I just want dinner and to go a short run or run errands before bed.
    2. I'm currently .... 162.9 lbs (bf 36.7 bmi 31.9) and have been here since July 9, 2014
    3. My goal weight is 110-117 (I'm really short 120/125 (depending on the chart) is the high of my height range for healthy). I'm calorie counting at the moment and slowly easing myself gluten free as I've noticed it's making me really puffy lately. I try to run 3-5 days a week and 5ks once a month. But with my schedule I haven't had time to be at the gym weight lifting. Hopefully, I'll get that worked back in my schedule in the near future.
    4. I try run 3 times during the week and both days on the weekend. I'm trying to follow a 1/2 marathon training plan.
    5. I log using my iPad and iPhone....I don't even know what MFP looks like on the computer.
    6.My best day is Sunday but I can schedule myself for a different day if need be.
    7. Not really on the mini challenges but who knows may be something fun that I'll try.
    8. I'm super busy but I'm determined to get to my lowest weight ever.

Good luck lady's and gentlemen!

Edit 3/24 for mistake
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    1. I am 48, married for 27 years, 2 boys (25 and 22), live in Alberta, Canada
    2. Present weight is 173 and have been on MFP since Jan 2011
    3. Goal weight is 160 and am presently doing 1400 calories a day with cardio exercise 4-5 days a week and just started stronglifts 5X5. I also wear a fitbit and try to get 10,000 steps a day.
    4. My daily routine is up at 5:30, drive 45 minutes to work, work 7:30-4:30, drive 45 minutes home, make and eat supper, workout for 1 hr 7:00pm, shower or bath, bed to watch TV or read at 9:30.
    5. I log in both places but use my phone more. So happy we can get the community on the phone now.
    6. Have always weighed in on Monday but open to any day cause I weigh myself every day (slaps hand)
    7. Don't care either way about mini challenges
    8. Just want to let everyone know that the support I get from reading and talking to everybody here is the key to my success and Good Luck to Everyone
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1. I am 38 and married with 2 kids. My first is 4, my second is 9 weeks. I am in Ontario, Canada.
    2. My current weight is 155. I started with MFP after my first and lost 25 lbs (2011). Stopped using it when I went back to work, but I am back to lose the weight from baby
    3. My first goal is pre-pregnancy (142). Long term goal is 130. Currently, I am not tracking calories, just exercise and progress. I login each day, comment on my choices, and use MFP to help me stay focused and make healthier choices. My exercise goals are walking twice a week and strength training with light weights twice a week.
    4. My routine...It is less of a routine and more of a checklist, guided and shaped by the needs of baby and preschooler. The basics are: up at 6 or 7, nurse baby, do my best to get laundry and housework done between entertaining 4 year old and nursing baby, soothe colicky baby each evening, bed after feeding baby at around 11 or 12, with one night feed (new development! ).
    5. I use my phone mostly.
    6. I also weigh myself each day (helps me stay focused) so any day is good.
    7. I like mini-challenges, but they are not necessary.
    8. I found that joining a challenge and connecting with a support group of MFPers were instrumental the first time. I am happy to have found this challenge, and look forward to cheering you all on and being inspired by your success!
  • ShrinkingKitt
    ShrinkingKitt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1. 30 years old. Married (4.5 yrs). Son age 7.5 months. Dallas, TX.
    2. Current weight: 158lbs, been on MFP since 2012.
    3. Goal weight: 130 lbs. Method of diet and exercise: low carb, high protein, veggies and fruit, gluten free (by necessity). Exercise: goal to walk at least 3 miles per day, Gazelle 3x a week, zumba 1-2 times a week. Incorporate small weights.
    4. What is your daily routine: Wake 5:30-6am, get myself & son ready, drive 45 minutes, drop of son at daycare, go to work 8 hours in front of computer, pick up son, drive 45 minutes home. Walk at lunch, take 4 flights of stairs 2-3 times a day.
    5. Log in on the computer and phone. More on the computer.
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you: Friday
    7. Do you want mini challenges? YES
    8. Other info: My husband is sedentary for the most part, and not gluten-free. I hope I can get him to eat healthier with me, as we always have more success when we work together. I hope this group and challenge will help me! Thank you for having me!
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1. My name is Megann. I'm 22 years old, single, and childless, which works great for me! I live between Halifax, Nova Scotia, London, Ontario, and soon, Madison Wisconsin!
    2. CW: 147. I started manually logging food in a notebook early in the fall, but thankfully discovered a better way... in November, maybe? Tomorrow marks my 100th consecutive day of logging on MFP!
    3. My goal weight range is between 125-130. I'm taking a fairly flexible approach where I eat the foods that I love while learning to cook and enjoy healthier options and keeping a close eye on calories. I do some very low-key bodyweight exercises 3 or 4 days a week, and run (slowly!) every day (30 minutes one day, 60 the next, alternate). I don't have a car, so everywhere I go, I walk.
    4. Wake up, go to class, come home, do some homework and bodyweight exercises, and then run late at night (the sidewalks are too messy to use, so I try to pick a low traffic time to run on the roads!)
    5. I use both phone and computer.
    6. I weight daily, but usually the site on Sundays. I'm not picky about this.
    7. I'd be potentially interested on mini-challenges.
    8. I graduate mid-May, at which point I'll be heading back to the family farm to work for a few months before grad school. I'd love to be nearing my GW by then so that I can focus on finding maintenance and sticking to it!
  • amendela3
    amendela3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1. I'm Anastasia, 20, single and I have no children. I live in Reus, Spain.
    2. My weight is 145 and I've been in MFP for 8 days (pretty much nothing since most of you have been using MFP for years).
    3. My goal would be 123, which is more or less the healthier weight according to my height. I don't have a special diet, but I'm trying to avoid added sugar, sauces and insane amounts of food to fit in my daily calorie goal. I'm trying to eat more veggies and protein as well. I exercise every day a little bit, mostly cardio (jogging and walking).
    4. I don't have a very clear routine but I usually wake up at 6.15AM and prepare breakfast and take away lunch for my mum. Then I stay in bed doing some computer work and at 8AM or so I workout. It takes an hour for me, most of the times. At 10AM I do house stuff and I go to the grocery/bank/or any other place I need to go. I have lunch at 1PM and after that I study and prepare my lesson. By 6PM I'm usually working and I have dinner whenever I'm back. My bedtime is 11:30PM tops.
    5. I always log-in on my phone.
    6. The weigh-in day for me is Thursday for no special reason, just because when I first checked my weight determined to lose some pounds, it was Thursday.
    7. I'd love some mini-challenges!!
    8. Firstly, I'm sorry about my spelling/grammar mistakes and any further language misunderstanding (my first language is Spanish). And secondly, good luck to everyone, I'm amazed by how determined you are. I wish I can learn something from this!
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    amendela3 - you have no reason to apologize! I am an ESL teacher, so trust me when I say your written English is very good! :)
  • ahanksa
    ahanksa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1. 44, married, with two boys (ages 7 and 5), from Virginia US but living in Pakistan for a few more months then onwards to India for a few years.
    2. I am now 151 but I started out at 172 when i joined MFP 3 years ago, but i did not get serious until October 2014.
    3. My goal weight was 150 and I have almost reached it...now my goal is fitness and maintenance. I eat about 1300 calories most days and try exercise about 300 to 500 calories a day.
    4. I live where i work so my commute is less than a minute!! My routine starts at about 6am where i first make coffee then read and journal. I then work daily from 8:00 to 4:30 then workout or walk for 1 hour for 5 times a week. I love to do high intensity intervals and cardio. My goal the next few months is to gain muscle mass so strength training is going to be my challenge.
    5. All of the above...whatever electronic device that i have near me!!
    6. Friday mornings but i can adjust.
    7. yes
    8. I am super excited because it was not until i got friends on MFP that i really started to lose the weight and change my life...thank you to all who inspired me!!!
  • Slduggan
    Slduggan Posts: 11 Member
    Options

1. 36, married, Snellville, Georgia.
    2. 207 started back using MFP January 2015. I believe I first started using MFP was in 2011 or 2012. Maybe.
    3. Mini goal weight 175, will reevaluate then. Healthy eating in moderation. Walking daily and monthly 5ks with husband.
    4. Umm, daily routine. Trying to walk twice a day and find a job! Haha.
    5. Mostly phone.
    6. I normally weigh in Friday.
    7. Not sure. Let's see how this one goes.
    8. About to start back up a seasonal night job, so wish me luck because that's an obstacle I've yet to overcome with eating healthy and keeping up the exercise.

Thanks. Stephanie.
  • tamhencam
    tamhencam Posts: 86 Member
    Options

My name is Tammie, I am 35, married, 2 kids. Alabama.
    Current weight is 229, been on MFP for a few years lost 70lbs along came baby #2 + old habits so here I am again.
    My first goal weight is 180lbs. Ultimate goal weight is 140-150 which is the high range for my 5'4" height. I set my calories at 1350 and balance macros to a 30-30-40 ratio and try to obtain it. I sometimes eat back exercise calories.
    Daily routine- Up a 7. Work till 5 in an office. I like to walk/jog at lunch.
    I use my phone 90% of the time to log/check in.
    I usually weigh in on Wednesdays but I am flexible.
    Mini challenges can be fun. I don't have to have them but I do try to do them.

I know I can do this. I did it once. It is much harder the second time. It took me about 1 year to lose the 70lbs the first time so I know this will be a long journey. Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

• catgirl1979
    catgirl1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary. I am 53, married, 2 sons, Ohio.
    My current weight is 229, I've been with MFP a few years, quit, and came back last week.
    My final goal weight is 170 and I'm watching my calories, making sure I eat from the healthy food groups, I walk and hope to add some other exercise.
    My daily routine is up at 5:40, get to work at 7:30 (I have a 40 minute commute), work until 4 or 4:30, come home, walk, then fix dinner, clean, get ready for the next day!
    I usually log in on my phone, but also can log on through my computer.
    I can weigh in any day, I tend to weigh my self everyday- I was in a study and received a fancy scale that is connected to MFP and my phone- I had to weigh in everyday, so I'm used to it.
    I would love to have some mini challenges!
    I was a weight watcher member for over a year, lost 40 pounds, then my mom died and I lost my motivation and gained back 21 pounds. I have just recently decided to get back on the healthy wagon and hope to continue!
  • jazzandbill
    jazzandbill Posts: 140 Member
    Options

1. Hi my name is Jazmin, I am 36 yo, married and have 2 teenage boys and live in Florida
    2. I currently weight 145.5 it was even weird to write that number not used to it :) I have only been here for 10 days less than a week and surprise how much I have learned.
    3. I have set a mini goal weight of 133 and so far writing everything on my daily journal helps me stay on track except for my first weekend eating out was crazy for me since I didn't know how easily calories could add up in one food item. I'm trying to walk everyday and do some sit ups at home.
    4. My daily routine is very simple just walk do some sit ups and incorporate any exercise I see on Pinterest. I just started so I am trying to take baby steps so I can make this my new lifestyle.
    5. I like to log in on both but mainly I use my phone.
    6. Probably Thursday or Friday is a good weigh in for me
    7. Yes please.
  • vhensley99
    vhensley99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1. Hi, my name is Veronica im 31yrs old and married with 4 boys. I live Southern Califonia.
    2. I currently weight 218lbs. Ive been using MFP for a few years off and on.
    3. My goal weight is 150lbs by Jan 2016. Ive been counting calories and eating as healty as possible. I walk and do 30 day exerise challenges along with zumba 5 days a week.
    4. 7am- walk 2.54 miles
    8am- breakfast
    8:20- walk kids to school
    11a- snack
    12:20- walk back to school to pick up kinder
    1p- mixed exercises, and then lunch
    3:20- walk back to school to pick up twins
    4ish- snack
    6p- dinner
    7:30p- kids to bed
    8pm- mop, clean, dishes, zumba
    10p- bedtime...... inbetween all this entertain a 1yr old.
    5. I log in both but mainly on phone
    6. I weight in every wednesday, but can change it if i need to
    7. Yes, I love challenges
    8. Im going to cancun, mex for my 10yr anniversary in feb 2016 and will be 150lbs by that time. I also want to be able to do sports and activites with my boys. They have so much energy and want to play but at my weight right now its kinda hard, but getting easier :)
  • mariel918
    mariel918 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1. 23, Single, Chicago
    2. 131.5, been on for a couple years on and off
    3. 125 , looking to slim down but stay strong - strength training & cardio & HIIT
    4. Take a group fitness class at work / run / complete Nike Training App workout ( job is sedentary)
    5. Mobile
    6. Friday
    7. Yes!
    8. Just looking to get back on track! Started a new job last year and my eating habits got bad with the travel & stress