Favorite crockpot recipes?

Options
What are some of your favorite low calorie crockpot recipes?

Replies

• skylarwalsh
    skylarwalsh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a recipe that I tweaked to be low cal friendly. It's a crockpot cream cheese chicken taquito recipe. This is my husband's favorite meal that I make, so he asks for it at least once a week. Here's the link to the original place I found it: http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/05/slow-cooker-cream-cheese-chicken-taquitos.html

All I really change is the full fat cream cheese to a 1/3 fat block and then for the mexican mix of shredded cheese, I get the 2% milk kind. I also use low carb tortillas that are about 70 calories for one. I usually eat about 3 before I feel satisfied.
  • Nuka_Gina
    Nuka_Gina Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love love love crock-pot fajitas!

Ingredients
    beef roast
    (2) cans of salsa
    (2-3) bell peppers
    (1) onion

Chop of the bell peppers and onion. Put the beef roast in the crock-pot, cover it with the salsa, and chopped bell peppers and onions. (It may look like you need to add water, but don't)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4.

When it's finished cooking just spoon into a tortilla and top with low fat sour cream, or cheese, or both! :)
  • nancycasperson16
    Options
    Nuka_Gina wrote: »
    I love love love crock-pot fajitas!

Ingredients
    beef roast
    (2) cans of salsa
    (2-3) bell peppers
    (1) onion

Chop of the bell peppers and onion. Put the beef roast in the crock-pot, cover it with the salsa, and chopped bell peppers and onions. (It may look like you need to add water, but don't)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4.

When it's finished cooking just spoon into a tortilla and top with low fat sour cream, or cheese, or both! :)

• CarrieBeck29
    CarrieBeck29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Shredded Buffalo Chicken

I put thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot and add a packet of ranch dressing salad mix (optional) and a good amount of buffalo or hot sauce.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high on 4.

Chicken will shred easily using a couple forks. Serve as lettuce wraps for a low-carb option.
  • tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That buffalo chicken wrap sounds amazing definitely going to try that
  • jesperkus
    jesperkus Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    paleopot.com/2013/01/triple-hamburgercheeseburger-slow-cooker-meatloaf/

I have a lot but this is the one to go back to over again!
  • Sherbear0123
    Sherbear0123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    These all sound delicious! Thank you for sharing. Here is my favorite "buffalo chicken chili". I use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese and low sodium broth. http://crockpotgourmet.net/2014/04/07/crockpot-buffalo-chicken-chili/
  • lavainia
    lavainia Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hands down my favorite crock-pot recipe is Budget Savvy Diva's Chicken Chili:

http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/03/crock-pot-chicken-chili-recipe/

Some things I do differently:
    - I usually drain the corn also, because the less liquid makes it more like a chowder.
    - If you're worried that it might be too hot, you can cut down on the amount of chili powder used, or since my boyfriend likes it hot, I usually just add some plain Greek yogurt to mine before I eat it.
    - I also forego the olive oil, just mixing the onions and garlic right in instead of frying them up first.
    - I just chunk the chicken before I add it instead of adding it whole and shredding it afterwards.
    - I add all ingredients in the beginning, including the cream cheese.
    - I use "no salt added" corn, black beans and rotel; it might change the taste a little bit but I am watching my sodium as well as weight.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    1lb boneless chicken breasts
    1 jar salsa verde

Put breasts in crockpot. Cover with salsa verde. 6-8 hrs on high. Shred and serve in low carb tortillas. Add whatever toppings you like for burritos.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    These all sound great.