Find Friends: Surge Owners

Options

Replies

• patrickmrowland
    patrickmrowland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi..... I have not been around much since September 2014 so my Fitbit One has not had a great deal of use, due to having a number of heart problems..... I had two heart stents place in one of my Bypass Grafts and thing were OK for about 14 days and then things started to go wrong again I was having the same problems as before they put the stents in....... I was back and forward to the Cardiologist and the heart hospital in Columbus Ohio and they kept tell me all the test were normal and there was nothing wrong......Well things were still not right and on 4 February I was taken sick while visiting family in Lancaster Ohio and was admitted to Fairfield Medical Center..... They had me in there for five days and then they decided to do a Heart Catherization Procedure and found a 95% blockage in another of my Bypass Grafts so they had to stent it and they also said there was a blockage in the stents that were place in September 2014......I came home from Fairfield Medical Center and had a follow up visit with my Cardiologist four teen days after the placement and I was starting to have problems again so he arranged a Treadmill Stress Test for the following week....... I went and have the test which produce an abnormal result......I got a call from the doctor changing my appointment on Tuesday from 12:00PM to 10:00PM and when I got there I was only in the office 10 minutes and he told me he was admitting me to Fairfield Medical Center again....... When I got there they admitted me right away and I was take to the Heart Catherization Lab and prepared for a Heart Catherization straight away..... By 2:00PM he had placed the stent and I was placed on the Cardiac Observation Unit for an overnight stay......This all took place on 3 March...I was released 4 March feeling very much better no chest pain and no problems breathing when I was walking......On Friday I bought myself a brand new Fitbit Surge to celebrate feeling a 100% better......On the 11 March I am going for an assessment at my local Cardiac Rehabilitation Program here in Athens Ohio......I have started walking short distances to get myself and the Surge broke in.......I am looking forward to getting back to regular exercise again and getting back on the fit bit scene

Patrick M Rowland. : //www.fitbit.com/user/2THC74
  • isha_12
    isha_12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am a new FitBit user though I have been a MFP fan for years . I love MFP and integration with MFP and any watch I buy is vital. If it does not support MFP I dont buy it. Anyway, I am new FitBit user, specifically the Surge. I have been reading a lot on how to track and log to keep the most accurate information but I still want personalized answer for my own needs.
    This is how I do my logging and tracking and my workouts.

I log my food on MFP (of course)
    I do Belly Dancing, Zumba, Weight Training and Step Stairs Climbing and running/walking. Those are my favorite workouts and I stick to them most of the time.

I do the running/walking on the treadmill when it is cold and outside when it is warm. I am leaving my FitBit to step counting while I am doing treadmill as it a step base workout. So my question is

Should I log treadmill as a workout or should I leave the FitBit in steps counting?

Now my other workouts Zumba and Belly Dancing. I am an instructor so I work much harder than the students.. Here I am not sure how should I log. I once logged as a workout and it said I burned 367 cal for 1 hr. Another day I let it to do Steps/HR and I am assuming it based my calories on my HR only and not calculations and it gave me 965 cal, which I thought was ridiculously high.

So should I log my Zumba and Belly Dancing as workouts?

My weight training and Steps Stairs I am also loggin manually?

Anybody please care to weigh in to help me figure out all my doubts :-)

I would really appreciate it.
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm digging the Surge, really like the ability to get my text messages and it's really comfy. The HR monitor has not been so accurate for me, hoping they'll get that fixed in a firmware upgrade down the road.

Oh, and I'm https://www.fitbit.com/user/24HWYQ
  • mountainraine1
    Options
    Hi Ya, brand new surge owner. excited about it as I really want to know my calories burned when I'm doing yoga, weights, zumba, elliptical. I'm a cyclist and I have a device there for calories but am excited to be able to track my heart rate when I'm doing interval training on bike. So excited to own this new bit of technology, no more straps to deal with on my old heart rate monitor! whoopeeee.
  • samfitbit
    samfitbit Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i'm a surge user too!
    works great, love the app! the motion detection and HR don't even compare to basis peak! However the surge is much better with MFP API and flexibility. My peak is collecting dust now.
  • coachASHREYES
    coachASHREYES Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    isha_12 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

So my question is

Should I log treadmill as a workout or should I leave the FitBit in steps counting?

Now my other workouts Zumba and Belly Dancing. I am an instructor so I work much harder than the students.. Here I am not sure how should I log. I once logged as a workout and it said I burned 367 cal for 1 hr. Another day I let it to do Steps/HR and I am assuming it based my calories on my HR only and not calculations and it gave me 965 cal, which I thought was ridiculously high.

So should I log my Zumba and Belly Dancing as workouts?

My weight training and Steps Stairs I am also loggin manually?

All answered here.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy
  • Samaras72
    Samaras72 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    fitbit.com/user/294CFM

I love my surge. It really helps me to be way more active than I have been in the past. I'm now forever making sure I reach my minimum steps and keep my heart rate up when walking or exercising.
  • carolann05
    carolann05 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    whoops
  • jefe22
    jefe22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I add my user id? Sorry new here.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    jefe22 wrote: »
    How do I add my user id? Sorry new here.

When you view your profile through the web account (has your pic or icon), there is a line stating what your public url is.
  • welsh_girly
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/39JNYL Just got mine and really excited! Hope it's as good as my Jawbone :smile:
  • CDSLOAN
    CDSLOAN Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking to add more friends on MFP & Fitbit, Love my new surge ready to get fit!!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/39XHG5

• JnPipes1
    JnPipes1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got my fitbit surge yesterday. Excited to get started!!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/3BD8PH
  • cuteevilbunny1018
    Options
    //www.fitbit.com/user/3B9X35
  • pandamorous
    pandamorous Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I got my surge in the early release...I love this thing! Feel free to add me for challenges!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2BXX72