Need supportive friends

Options
13»

Replies

• omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't be angry with yourself. Love yourself and love your body! It's easier and last longer coming from a place of self love!
  • Genette38
    Genette38 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yay! Lots of new friends. Thanks everyone x
  • littleblackduck2015
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I am 67 and live alone, I get lonely and bored so turn to food for comfort. Have just started on this program and really hope it works. Am going on overseas holiday in August, so I have a goal to lose weight. My hardest time for overeating is at night, all I can think about is food, and can't get out of the house to walk or garden to take my mind off it, so consequently I eat, then comes the regret. Any suggestions?
  • nancyvh
    nancyvh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    An open invitation to all who posted here. Please add me. I'm struggling with my emotional eating. It's been a problem since I was a very young child. It would be nice to have some friends who understand this problem and to share support and encouragement.
  • really_leah
    Options
    Please, add me! I'm in need of supportive friends who "get" the whole emotional eating thing.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm staving myself trying to lose weight and I stay hungry ALL the time help!!!!!!!!
  • klassymissy
    Options
    Siousix wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I've been going round and round this track for many years and I have hit an all time low. I am heavier than I have ever been, psychologically lower than I've ever been and I really feel like I could use some supportive friends to encourage me.

Probably not the best advert for a friend above but I promise that I will provide just as much support to my new friends and I hope we can lean on each other.

Thanks

Siousix

• klassymissy
    Options
    I am new to this community, but definitely not new to emotional eating. I am so well behaved when I am out and having friends and fun, but as soon as I get home on my own, I dive into the fridge for an hour or so. How do I stop eating when I am home alone, which is fairly often, as I am a single. Can anyone help me help myself?
    Thank you
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    being a bad or lazy cook helps! my trick is to stop buying prepared/processed foods. every time I feel like I have to eat, I just go to the pantry/fridge and see that I actually have to prepare something to eat. at that point I'm just too lazy and go "meh" and find something else to occupy myself!
  • juanita1963
    juanita1963 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm happy, sad, bored, any reason at all. And once I start eating it's very hard to stop. It's not any one kind of food, it's whatever I can get hold of.
  • Sarah421151
    Sarah421151 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me!! I think that everyone has been there or is struggling with it!! We all can use all the friends and help that we can get!!!
  • SashaMaja
    SashaMaja Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't keep much in my house that tempts me. And when I am out I am usually with my husband and cannot get the nerve up to boldly pig out in front of him. But when I am out by myself it usually involves stopping somewhere to have something sweet and long lasting. The longer it takes to eat it, the better. And then, as guilty as I feel, I keep it secret. Please add me too. I think we all need each other here.
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is such a hard journey.feel free to add me anyone.we can do this!!
  • Melanieb625
    Melanieb625 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any can add me as well. I am new here, but not new to the life of yoyo dieting. The last year has brought many changes that have turned me upside down and I too could use some support!
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I hear you.. especially about being athletic and yet there is the other side with the food.. thats been me forever.. and my emotional eating does block a fitter me..
  • uh_day
    uh_day Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey I am new. .2 wks ago gastric sleeve losing great til last 2 days..late night eating. .so depressed and beating myself up! HELP I can relate to you. I'm 58 and have yo yoed for 10 plus years
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Totally with you! If you need support, I'm willing to accept a friend request :smiley:
  • juanita1963
    juanita1963 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, it helps keep me going stronger
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Want you all to know that we are not alone, we all have similar stories. Our relationship with food is emotional. Its just like people who drink too much, take drugs too much or over exercise. I find its a struggle, I can't use food like that anymore, because it doesn't work. Changing isn't impossible but if you are like me, you are probably a perfectionist and want everything different right now. It can happen. I had a binge yesterday evening that I know was a choice. Today I will get back on track. I have been working to change for 18 months, I have lost weight. I want to keep it off. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yes, I have gained and lost 100 lbs twice. Well they say 3 times is the charm, so I am back at it! As long as you never give up, you'll be ok. If you fall off for a day (or 2) just climb back on. It's what you do with the rest of the week that counts, not the couple of slip ups. I am too an emotional eater and a sneak eater, but I found that going low carb helps me because there are thing I WILL NOT eat. Feel free to add me. Any of you