Spring into Summer 2015 Challenge (April 3- Jun 26th)

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
The weather is getting warmer, the sun is shining brighter, it is time to get moving! Our next weigh in challenge is running April 3rd through Jun 26th. Feel free to add yourself to the weigh in spread sheet here!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LXuC6ZFzF-Pl-_gfDl7G6CR6D9i9PhGOp6T-Sw697UM/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge:

As we all know, we do not always see results on the scale. This week I challenge everyone to do a baseline fit test. Here is the challenge.

Complete the following sometime during the week:
    Timed mile (bike, run, walk, swim)
    How many can you do in a minute
    - jumping jacks
    - sit ups
    - push ups
    - squats
    - burpees

We will do this Week 1 as baseline, ~half way through, and at the end of the challenge. Maybe the scale doesn't move as much as we like but we can walk/run a mile faster at the end of 3 months or maybe we can do more pushups. It is important that we do not let the scale define us!

Record your results here and feel free to post how you felt doing these exercises. Did you have to modify the move? Did you skip part of it all together because it is not within your abilities?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EcfPCE1eAF7_TsGYFNh683lP8wVaUdKF8-ovDlvMjoc/edit?usp=sharing
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    My goal for this challenge is to lose ~10 lbs and focus on strength training and maintaining the endurance that I have gained over the winter during half marathon training!
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My goal for this challenge is to get back into shape and consistently log my foods and lose weight! I've just been coasting for far too long!!!!!!
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging my first weight until this Friday. My hope is to lose 12-15 pounds for this challenge.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    My goal is going to be to lose 10lbs this challenge. Hopefully it will be more but starting with that amount will be a good start for me.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this challenge, but will be joining you all a week or so late as I'll be away in Sorrento until 10th/11th April which will be when I weigh in the first time, do my fit test the lot :smile:
  • reneekise
    reneekise Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need a challenge. My goal is to lose 10 pounds during this challenge.
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 15 lbs during this challenge. I've gotten down to 139.8 pounds, then life kinda through me for a loop and I've gained some back. I never want to get back over 200 again though. So I'm digging in my heels and putting a halt to the gain! No more! I will get back to to at least 140 again! I'm only 5'3". I need to be 140 lbs or less.
  • ksmith020682
    ksmith020682 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal for this challenge is to lose 10-15 lbs and build my strength and endurance.
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Okay i'm joining again, little bit late but hey better late than never.
    Won't be doing the fitness challenge because i had surgery and i can't do that yet. Instead i will start with carefully doing yoga again. And the second goal is starting logging again...
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting this spreadsheet together, mamarundrc!
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'll do the first challenge tonight and post! ... I hope my goal isn't too extreme, but it's to lose 18.4 lbs by the end of this challenge. When I came back on MFP in Feb, my goal was to lose 30lbs by my 30th b'day in June. So, 18.4lbs by June 26th would mean an average loss of about 1.5lbs/week. :-) We got this, guys!
  • Angela26point2finisher
    Options
    i just joined! 13 pounds down would really help with getting my summer clothes to fit.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I need a challenge like this! I would love to lose about 30 pounds in that time frame! I can't get into the spreadsheet on this computer, but I'll do it at home later. :smiley:
  • MelWick524
    Options
    Ok good, you said to complete the first challenge sometime during the week and not tonight, lol. After a 2-mi. speed walk on lunch & one kickass hour of Zumba, following three days of intense weight lifting, I'm spent!!!!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and weighed in a day early since I will be out of town for a few days. So far so good. Hope I can keep this going!
  • MelWick524
    Options
    Could someone enter my weight for me? 196.8 ... iPad won't let me! Lol
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Just found this group and joined up today. I need an accountability group to keep me on track! I completed the 21 Day Fix during March, and as soon as that finished, started to lose sight of my goals. Back at it again starting tomorrow. :smile: My goal for this challenge is to lose 10 pounds, only 3 away from my target weight. I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!!
  • dropdeadbrunete
    dropdeadbrunete Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined and am hoping I have the determination to see this through. Three years ago I weighed 210lbs. - my heaviest. A year later I was 155lbs and at my lightest. I'm up to 175 now, but want to get down to 150 this summer and STAY THERE! Best of luck to everyone!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Things here have been stressful. Work has been crazy due to a big project at work. My best friend who has colon cancer had another set back with his treatment which was a huge bummer. It has been getting to me but I am determined to get back on track. I took pictures of myself this morning in a sports bra and shorts and I am going to take another picture the end of this challenge. I am hoping to see some noticeable changes.

On the plus side, I got in a good strength work out yesterday and a nice run today. It feels great to get moving again.