March 29-April 4 Chat & Accountability

Options
2»

Replies

• beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Heron, the herbalist course sounds fascinating!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Kim - Hoooah on finding your zone. You def B Jammin'!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Kim, what a great feeling! Hooray!

At the height of my CNS days I was like that. And it just goes to show how introducing huge amount of carb even if it's only 6 weeks can set you so far back. Not just with weight but eating patterns.

Well, I guess we are suckers for more troubles.. lol a husky was hit by a car with a broken leg and we will be fostering her if need to. That poor dog was hiding for a few days (because she is a shy dog) with a broken leg before some Good Samaritan found her. I can't even fathom the pain that dog was in. I know dogs have high threshold of pain and they can go into "shut down" mode if need too. But still... The Good Samaritan fell in love with her and wants to adopt and pay for the surgery!!! Now that is very rare. Coz it ain't cheap. We all agree that we should still foster her till she is healed but it's up to the GS. I don't think he knows what's he's in for. Heck I didn't and I'm in rescue! Lol

• babygirl59601
    babygirl59601 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Glad to see so many of you are doing well. I've been going out walking three times a day 5 days a week and loving it. Even going to upgrade my fit bit tomorrow (elevations are everywhere where we live and the flex doesn't count that).

Work has been good, my busy time of the month, but can hardly wait for tomorrow when mark picks me up. We shall have loads of fun and always treasure our weekends. Looking forward to my mom and I doing a Paleo Easter dinner (poor dad and my boys). Shouldn't be great though!

Haven't stepped on the scale and really haven't missed it. I am more active than I ever thought possible, I continue to tone up and lose the occasional inch, and I will be ready to get new jeans in a smaller size as early as May 1st!
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I've been really stressing about moving and buying a house. I've been letting things slip. Your posts are helping me. Hopefully I can bounce back too. I've been pretty good about keeping the 30 lb wait loss, but I'll see if there's any damage when I weigh tomorrow. It's finally decent 40 degree weather here and I haven't been doing as much walking as I normally do when it's not winter out. I need to figure out a new goal for myself to keep me motivated.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Well it's Good Friday. Hope this finds all of you in good health and cheer. When you consider the events of the day being celebrated, both Good Friday and Passover, the blessings of our own lives, seem to jump right off the page at us. Considering too the sacrifices those who serve us make, today I think is a most appropriate RED TOP sort of day.

Heron - another lucky dog to have you in the picture. You are a blessing!

Kelley - Have fun doing the Paleo Dinner, Make it a Paleo FEAST and I bet the lads will be fine with it. Have Fun!

Rae - Welcome home so good to hear from you. No worries on the slips lass, just shake it off and move forward. I find when I can't decide or get motivated to do something, just getting outdoors helps move things along. It's hard to stay in 'Brainlock' when the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

Have a Happy Easter weekend folks.
  • beerbikegirl
    Options
    Wow, Heron, another foster with a broken leg. Good for you guys...so amazing that you are willing to take this on. Until you talked about the other one, I never thought about needing to manage weight bearing in an animal with a broken leg. Luckily in all my pets, I've never had a serious injury. Feline leukemia, tumors, lymphoma, allergies and typical illness things, yes. But never an injury.

• babygirl59601
    babygirl59601 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hmr we are compromising with baked standard potatoes and sweet potatoes and got a dessert for my dad and the boys in case! My mom is learning Paleo and dad wants to encourage her but isn't always crazy about eating it lol. Dad is in tough shape health wise. Any time to get together is one more special thing with him!
  • beerbikegirl
    Options
    Kelly, potatoes of all types are "officially" considered paleo. Sweet potatoes always were, but most of the Paleo gurus are also including white roce do white potatoes on occasion. Gary Taubes and the Paleoista woman are still more limited...but there's more and more folks pushing back on that.
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    heron - sad but awesome! That is really tough work, been there done that too!

Busy weekend scheduled. Kelly is shooting her first "match", which is put on by our club to let you try out some different styles of competition. There will be 3Gun, Defensive Pistol, Steel Challenge, and Cowboy Action. Kelly is going for everything but the Cowboy Action (I have zero stuff for that). For some reason she is overly excited about 3Gun...:D Then on Sunday I get to fly down to Santa Fe New Mexico for a few days of work, so let the eating challenge begin!

Interesting on the regular potatoes. Maybe now and then; I will stay away from them overall.
  • beerbikegirl
    Options
    Mark, there's still a you have to earn your carbs thought behind the eating rice or potatoes. So more high intensity / glycogen depleting workouts (crossfit, heavy lifting, HIIT, etc.) eat them on occasion. Not doing those things, continue to limit.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Saturday Folks! Got a date this morning meeting a gal and going to the Farmers Market in Savannah. Could be a good day.

• carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Wow I have missed you guys! Stacy & Rae... Been too long! I know it's hard to get back in the swing of things but stick around. My days work out so much better when I do.

I just wanted to catch up on everyone and say Happy Easter!.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Also- we are doing Tough Mufder Chicago on May 9... Who's in???