Good article Sabine. Thanks.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good article Sabine. Thanks.

It was heartening!
    This one section also gave me food for thought:

5. The best way to lose weight is to change your eating habits.

For most people, even if they are given the best food plan in the world, they struggle to stick to it. Why? Because our eating habits are ingrained, and simply being told what to eat is not enough to reverse years of conditioning.

So you shouldn't be hard on yourself for not being able to stick to a plan. Instead, you need to get a better understanding of what your eating habits are (by keeping a food diary) and how you can change them.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    This is very good!

The only point I don't agree with is that "eating with others,especially desserts or treats, helps you minimize calories." (That is not a word for word quote, btw, but close). I tend to eat more when with others. Maybe it is because the others I am often with are all active males with healthy fast metabolisms (especially the teen boys!). Psychologically I have to fight against feeling deprived while I watch them scarf down large amounts of treats or other less-than-perfectly healthy foods, or even large portions of healthy food, while I eat my 3 oz serving of steak with a salad! As an example, the other night hubs was irritated because I had no calories left to have a glass of wine with him at bedtime.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat more with others too. If I go out for a meal with my boyfriend I definitely eat more than I normally would. Yes, a 3oz serving of steak or other meat does tend to look rather sad on the plate!