A fresh start

Options
sebedina
sebedina Posts: 161 Member
I have decided to start again, this time I am giving myself a generous calorie allowance to avoid hunger and triggers, trying to take one day at a time. Knowing my triggers and finding strategies that help me. Please add me as a friend as I could do with the support and vice versa. I have become obese and need to lose 70 pounds. My weight has been going up and up each year. I have read that people who have been successful have been tracking their meals so my target is to track my meals daily even if I am tired or busy. No excuses this time. How about you?

Replies

• MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining a 70 pound weight loss for a couple of years, after a relapse. I have been tracking with mfp for over 900 days in a row. I track even on the days I'm 2,000 over. My diary is open and I'm always happy to have new friends who actively use this tool and are OA members.
  • sebedina
    Options
    I am maintaining a 70 pound weight loss for a couple of years, after a relapse. I have been tracking with mfp for over 900 days in a row. I track even on the days I'm 2,000 over. My diary is open and I'm always happy to have new friends who actively use this tool and are OA members.

WOW re 900 days of tracking. Well done. That sounds great. Also great that you are tracking the bad days too, I think that's really important as giving up is the road to disaster.
  • sebedina
    Options
    I am on holiday, and I have started tracking the last few days, so far so good. I am allowing myself a cream cake for breakfast as I turned it down today as it would have taken me over, so I decided to eat it tomorrow instead. I was pleased as on a bad day I would have eaten 2 of these large cakes probably 600 calories for both. How are you getting on?
  • fallhiker
    fallhiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new tonight. I feel like I only half know what I am doing on this site. I am looking for support and wish to lend support. I did a phone OA group about a year ago. Is this an active group?
  • sebedina
    Options
    fallhiker wrote: »
    Hello, I am new tonight. I feel like I only half know what I am doing on this site. I am looking for support and wish to lend support. I did a phone OA group about a year ago. Is this an active group?

Yes, it is an active group. More active now since I am on holiday and I am on it every day! lol. Welcome to this group.