OA phone meetings

Options
Heard on a phone meeting last night; "Am I allowing myself to have a sloppy thought life, eating from the trash can of the past?"

Lots of good stuff on the meetings every night. There are over 150 OA phone meets every week. I often call in while driving or folding laundry, etc. I don't always share, but I always hear things that make me think or remind me that I am not alone in this fight.

Meetings start at 3:45pm Pacific Time every day of the week. A new meeting starts at the top of every hour. The last meeting is from 10pm to midnight Pacific Time.

712.432.5200 code 4285115#

There are other meeting numbers that can be found on oa.org.

Replies

• fallhiker
    fallhiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am Rita and new tonight. I did a phone group last yr for about 6 months. Do most people in this group do OA meetings too? Thanks.

• MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Rita, I do meetings in person, on the phone, and occasionally on Skype.
  • fallhiker
    fallhiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • kellierae09
    kellierae09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow !! I'm so excited to have discovered this go up !! I'm new to oa, but not the 12 steps. I'm currently involved in al anon and have myself been apart of a.a. but my new addiction is food and am suffering because of it. In al anon they teach you to care for yourself and there I've discovered just how unmanageable my life has become threw food. Thank you so much for sharing the oa phone meetings number !!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    There is also a meeting place for fellow OAers here, which is more private (only members can view content)interactive, f anyone is interested:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101992-overeaters-anonymous
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I listen to the speaker meetings on that phone number sometimes!! But note that that access code just changed!! it is now 492557# And below are some more phone meetings in case anyone is interested:

http://www.oabigbooksolutiongroup.org, then click on meetings, then phone meetings.

Here is a Foundation/Overview phone meeting that explains everything. It has been recorded so you can listen anytime! Call 209-255-1099, access code 740111#, then when they ask for reference code press 93# for one I especially like. However, there are over 120 recordings, so you can listen to any of them.

Feel free to message or email me with any questions or if you are looking for a sponsor.
    Lisa G - recovered and available sponsor in California
    myndawn@gmail.com
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks sanddollar, some of the meeting codes changed recently, but an updated list is always available at oa.org!