Weekly Post - 05/04/ - 11/04/2015

Options

Replies

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    OK, I've officially lost my place...there's no way (anytime soon) that I'll be able to wade through 3 weeks of posts...
    If there was a good pic for the group banner in the threads recently please point me in the right direction.

If I missed a crisis I'm sorry, because lord knows I have all the answers.

Sounds like most of us had a rough weekend...mine only had to do with food. Family events are no place for calorie shaving.

Flumi: No offense, but the guy sounds like a...OK, I won't go there. But, wassup? I could give him a list as to why he should, starting with "life's too short" and ending with "she's got boots", but the matter would still remain "as is". Keep that beautiful chin up.

Also, according to Jack Cole (Sideways), us big folk (or formerly known as) are "two tons of fun", you know...grateful types.

Oh, now there's a smile...
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Thanks Orlcam. That's why I was so grateful for your bootsie comment that put a smile on my face the other day.

He doesn't know half as much about me as you peops do, so I guess he just doesn't know, what he's missing out on. On the other hand....I've already been with someone, that had a very heavy backpack to carry...not fun.

My goal is to now solve the issues I, the encounter showed me, I still have. Then the door will be open for the right guy to walk in and yell, 'hey bootsie, I'm here!!' :p Haven't lost my sense of humor, so all will be good.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Happy birthday Jknight! And welcome back everyone from easter :)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!!! Fast day today
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I didn't fast yesterday due to a work function that involved good food, so I'm fasting today. So far just water. Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! :D
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Missed that...Happy Birthday ladies!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    4pm on my fast day and so far I've just had 4 coffees!!!! Nothing else!!!!! This is a major first for me
    Oh and loads of water but i don't count that lol
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fast day today, all my food portioned and prepared, no thinking required.
    Happy fasting everyone :)
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I posted a blog about cortisol, stress and fat loss, if someone is interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Foamroller/view/why-stressing-out-over-everything-is-bad-for-fat-loss-739579
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    OK, I've officially lost my place...there's no way (anytime soon) that I'll be able to wade through 3 weeks of posts...
    Oh, now there's a smile...

I'm with you! I've been all over the place at work and try to avoid using the computer in the evenings (who am I kidding...I am netflixing it up non-stop haha) so I haven't been getting to the forums.

Anyways, after what feels like forever being off and wishy-washy, I am getting back into this 100%. No more "fast days" just to maintain and cancel out all the bad so I don't gain too much over the weekend. I hit 250 days logging in on MFP, but that is just logging in and maybe tracking one or two things (or nothing at all) but not really committing to anything.

TLDR: I missed all of your faces and hope to catch back up with everyone!

Today's a fast day! Fast days are my favorite, but somehow all of those "EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT DAYS" keep taking over lol.

I'm trying to pick some dates to motivate me in the near-term vs getting stuck in the "eating is more important" mindset lol!

May 16th I'm doing a mini-cruise with my extended family called a "Cruise to Nowhere" where you just have 2-3 sail days before coming back into port. It's a great starter cruise since my sister is afraid she'll be seasick so we can test it out and even better we'll do it with other family. I know I'll love cruising, so I'm excited to finally do my first!

That gives me 5~ weeks before the cruise so counting down will make it more exciting! I think I'll aim for 2 pounds a week so 10 pounds overall.

Anyone else aiming towards any dates to keep motivated?

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Carbmonster - I am working towards my vacation (in September), and my Daughter's first birthday which is June! I wanted to be 157 by her birthday because that was how much I weighed when I got pregnant. I'm still 10 lbs above that, and I don't think i'll make it seeing as it took me over 3 months to lose 11 lbs, but we'll see! my goal was to be 145 by September 19th when we leave for vacation!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Semi FD for me today as my kids are making me dinner tonight and I didn't want to say no. No breakfast, sticking to green tea this morning, soup for lunch, fruit for snacks and should come in at around 700 cals.

Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing! :)
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    First fast day trying this... Had a nice iced coffee with whole milk to start. Gonna have about 3-4 hot teas nothing added throughout the day, and water nonstop. If I work out later, then I'll eat a little before, and then after. Raw honey and some sort of protein probably.

Then vodka.

Don't be thirsty, my friends.

Eta: Yeah, pre-logged my day... I'm definitely gonna have to move a bit to earn Vodka Thursday.

Eta2: OK, now I see that you're not supposed to eat back exercise calories on fast days. Gonna have to tweak the day... Robbing Peter to pay Paul...
  • HollandOats
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    my goal was to be 145 by September 19th when we leave for vacation!

Hi bburg86! My first goal is 145... Can I ask how tall you are? We can do this together! Woo!

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the vodka idea ('cept mine would be tequila!); unfortunatley I tend to like that mixed in a good margarita....and there's no place for those on a fast day :)

Just black coffee this morning, a glass of ACV tea with a tsp of honey for lunch, then having a yummy creamy sausage, ziti & kale bake that comes in at about 430 cals for dinner. I've got a all staff meeting coming in just two short months....time to kick these last 9 pounds outta my life for good!

Be blessed everyone!
  • HollandOats
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm liking the vodka idea ('cept mine would be tequila!); unfortunatley I tend to like that mixed in a good margarita....and there's no place for those on a fast day :)

I mix my vodka with Lemon/Lime Seltzer... supposedly zero calories in the seltzer, and Oh! So refreshing. ( : Worth saving for... though all fasted out, I'm gonna be looped probably. That's ok though, sleepover at my best girlfriend's house! Woo woo! :)

Eta: The best part about getting looped on a fast night is the breakfast we'll order for the non-fast day hangover, bwahahaha
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    my goal was to be 145 by September 19th when we leave for vacation!

Hi bburg86! My first goal is 145... Can I ask how tall you are? We can do this together! Woo!

Hey! I'm 5' 3.5"
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I'm feeling down... I've gained 3 lbs in the past two weeks. Not sure it could actually be fat, but it's discouraging none the less to see it on the scale. I have Hashimoto's and I have been eating a lot of grains since we moved. I think it's just puffing me up, but it's proving really hard to stop eating the junk. I was doing so well, and was in a nice routine before we moved. Now? I'm just sliding downhill.

I'm fasting today, but honestly, I just want to eat. My stupid brain says "you aren't going to lose tomorrow, so what is the POINT?"

So far, I've not eaten anything and I've had 12 oz of tea this morning.

SOMEONE TALK ME DOWN! lol
  • victoria_smith
    victoria_smith Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you can do this bburg86!!! Keep to it!! You will be laughing at this in a few months time- then you will realise that there was a point after all :smile:
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Thank you @victoria_smith ! I'm just struggling because this is the first time since December, I've gained! It's silly, but it's upsetting! Even when I didn't lose, I always stayed exactly the same. I'll be okay, I think. I just need to get off the grain train, fast!!!