What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• bakingpanslessonplans
    Options
    Tonight I'm making a curry sauce and putting that over 1/2 cup of chick peas, carrots, onions, jalepeno and green peppers. Instead of rice, I'm making "cauliflower rice" since I already had one starchy carb with my lunch. I'm a vegetarian so I'll be baking a chicken breast for my boyfriends curry.
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Day 3 dinner is meatloaf, green beans, cabbage and carrots. I'm not a meatloaf fan at all so I will be doubling up on my veggies.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Dinner out tonight with friends. I told them I would go if I could choose the restaurant. My one friend loves Buffalo Wild Wings and the like where everything is fried and nothing is healthy. No thank you! I picked my favorite seafood place and plan to have grilled prawns or salmon with steamed veggies and maybe a little rice. I will also pass on the sourdough bread they bring to the table.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I had 4 oz. chicken breast and a salad. Very filling3cavql36og32.jpg
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    dang..sorry that's so big
  • hsmcc1
    hsmcc1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    4 oz Smoked salmon & 3 roasted asparagus stalks :)
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Chicken wraps. Mmmmmmm....
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A few nights ago I made flounder with sweet potatoes and cranberries, it was pretty good and easy to make
  • taelor2
    Options

That's looks yummy! Are those homemade croutons?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Last night it was hamburger with a faux bolognese and yet again microwaved red potatoes (my carb intake struggles are real).
  • taelor2
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Last night it was hamburger with a faux bolognese and yet again microwaved red potatoes (my carb intake struggles are real).

Carbs are hard for me also (as well as sweets) some days I have more sweets than real food because I'm trying to stay under my calories. I usually put in 15 m&ms everyday to try and curb my sweet tooth. That is still 51 calories though.
  • roxiepoo1
    roxiepoo1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Easter leftovers - about 3 oz of turkey breast, 2 oz lean ham, coleslaw made with broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage, and about 1/4 cup of baked beans...

That coleslaw sounds like a delicious way to sneak in a lot of those good-for-you cruciferous veggies. Do you have a recipe you can share?
  • mel_csantos
    mel_csantos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tonite's dinner is grilled chicken with a baked potatoe and cherry tomatoes...
  • hhackley
    hhackley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite dinner tonight...roasted spaghetti squash, basil tomato sauce (no sugar), baked chicken, topped with fresh parmesan. Ummmmmm so good!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    taelor2 wrote: »

Carbs are hard for me also (as well as sweets) some days I have more sweets than real food because I'm trying to stay under my calories. I usually put in 15 m&ms everyday to try and curb my sweet tooth. That is still 51 calories though.
    I get the occasional craving for chocolate so I'm usually ok on that part. This dietician I'm seeing has my macros at 45% carbs when before I was at about 20%. Ugh. But I'm trying.

Tonight's dinner is Trader Joes Asian Style salad with chicken and 2 tsp of dijon mustard for dressing (so spicy!) and Lake Champlain salted caramel chocolate.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Tonight was chicken soft tacos with low carb tortillas and mozzarella cheese. Mmmmmmm...
    Plus, I made a big batch of the taco meat, so I have plenty of leftovers that I can have easily measured out and ready to go.
  • taelor2
    Options
    Day 4 dinner was stuffed cabbage rolls. Stuffed with brown rice, Turkey, onion, red pepper. I didn't put any red sauce on them. They xame out to 142 calories per roll. We also have sauteed veggies umm!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    taelor2 wrote: »

That's looks yummy! Are those homemade croutons?

Yes, I really wanted some crunch beside the almonds so I made some croutons with olive oil, garlic and pepper.

• kayjosh2422
    Options

Sometimes its easier not to cut carbs out entirely, just keep reducing how much you eat of the carbs, you will be fine
  • jcaper
    jcaper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So, I LOVE Mexican food! That is my diet weakness. I'm always trying to recreate my restaurant favorites. Tonight is shredded beef in corn tortillas, rolled up and baked....like a flauta but not fried. We will have a salad with avocado with it. I want to eat dinner now actually ha ha!