Weekly Post - 05/04/ - 11/04/2015

Options
13»

Replies

• HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well, my first fast day is turning into just a more restricted kind of day.

Because mayonnaise, that's why.

Prob about 850 calories total by tonight(no, not just in mayo)... so I probably will exercise. Just as well, I could use the excuse to move more; was fairly sluggish in recent days.

*anxiously awaiting the day mayonnaise is declared secret to great health and longevity*
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You got this @bburg86! A lil' trick I use when the muchies come calling is to brush my teeth really good, followed by mouthwash. Something about dirtying up freshly cleaned teeth usually keeps me from snacking.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    bburg - grains do that to me too. The worst thing for me is a mix of grains and sodium...like pizza...up 2-3lbs overnight, when I eat pizza and don't even go over my tdee. As soon as you reduce them again, it will go away.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well except for the chocolate bunny attack this afternoon, I had a good fast day...750cals and hoping to keep it that way. It's 19h30 and I'm really tired, so I'll have my evening tea and be off to bed early.

On the whole feeling a bit better after the emotional downfall of the last weeks. My tarot group yesterday really helped me. Or was it the cake and the muscato..... Anyway feeling much more positive today.

Will start my second fast of the week tomorrow. I'm not a big fan of b2b, but my weight is up too high and I'd like to at least get rid of some of it, before the weekend rolls in. No more bunny attacks possible. They have all been 'disposed' of :p
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @bburg86 - I've totally done the same thing! It's not worth it because it's not going to work. I eat carbs when I'm sick and I gained afterwards too. Hoping it'll come off and it wasn't a true weight gain. I'll be hoping for you too! :)

@flumi_f - glad you're feeling better :)

I'm fasting today - so far just tea for me. I think I'm going to skip lunch and save all my calories for dinner. That seems to work better for me. Happy Friday everyone! :D
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh another well done fast week everyone!!! I feel awesome today. I love how they make me feel so alive and alert and just plain awesome!!!

Today was all about healthy choices. My 6 year old has been helping me pick the low calorie option while in the grocery store. She's a maths freak and loves reading the labels for me . I hope that I'm not making her obsessed with food though. I just figured that it helps her numbers and reading skills
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the kind words yesterday! I did end up fasting but I think I had around 600 calories. I am exactly the same as last week, so I didn't gain, but I am still maintaining a gain of about 2 lbs. My lowest was 165.2 and I'm back up to 167.2. I didn't have any grains yesterday, and I don't have any today In my lunch. Hoping I can get back in line with healthy eating. My husband is considering doing 5:2 as well, so that'd be helpful!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    I bought new scales yesterday. It turns out that my "healthy breakfast" isn't so healthy. Almost 500 calories!! *kitten*. Thankfully I'll be able to get back on track now
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Almost finished the 2nd fast of the week and only had my 52cal protein latte so far,8pm here so ready for didinner!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    cal0rina wrote: »
    Almost finished the 2nd fast of the week and only had my 52cal protein latte so far,8pm here so ready for didinner!

Well done!!!!!
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Cheers Karen :)
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the vodka idea ('cept mine would be tequila!); unfortunatley I tend to like that mixed in a good margarita....and there's no place for those on a fast day :)
    Something I haven't done in awhile, but it's a pretty "ok" substitute...you need to forgo the triple sec (Cointreau is ~100 cals per shot) and sugar obviously.

Low Cal Margarita:
    1 lime (20 cal) or use 2 to 3 tbsp of bottled realime juice (0 cal)
    1/2 tsp of orange extract or grated orange peel (0 cal)
    1 shot tequila (~70 cal)
    1 cup ice
    favorite 0 cal sweetener, to taste
    rim salt, to taste

I usually will split a lime (1 lime for 2 to 3 margaritas) and use 2 tbsp of real lime juice per. I like the pulp too...adds texture. Orange extract is easier than orange peel. I use stevia as a sweetener. These are better frozen (blenderized) than just on ice, because you lose thickness due to no triple sec and sugar/simple syrup. This puts me at about 230 calories for 3 margaritas vs over 250 for just 1 regular.

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    woo-hoo! Thanks @orlcam! Can't wait to try this!!!