New to clean eating

Options
Hi everyone! I just started my clean eating diet last Friday, and looking forward to long term clean eating. I'm a mother of two, a 5 year old and a 4 month old. I am breastfeeding, which is why I picked clean eating over Paleo. I am looking to lose weight and tone my body. I would love some recipes and insight in the diet!

Replies

• GreenHeather2014
    GreenHeather2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I shop at the local co-op (called PCC), which is like a Whole Foods market. I think it makes it easier to eat clean when the store I shop at carries mostly organic goods. Some of the cooking can be quite simple. Hard boiled eggs and some chopped fruit for breakfast would count.
  • Michelle52801429
    Michelle52801429 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I first started, the sticker-shock really got to me! I only buy organic for the "Dirty Dozen" when it comes to produce...that makes things easier.
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's great that you'll be raising your kids on clean eating. They will be healthier for it. I don't have kids of my own, but I helped raise my nephew from about 3-6 years old. If your child is a picky eater, it might help to involve him/her in the cooking process. You could also try to make fun designs and things with the food. Get comfortable with spices, because that will make it easier for everyone. You can even make the same meal multiple times with different seasonings to feel like a completely different meal.
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm new to clean eating also and could use some suggestions
  • jenovia10
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new here and I am interested to know more about clean eating and different dishes that is easy and fast to make. I am a mother of triplet boys and I'm proud to say that my boys loves to eat veggies and fruits. I would like to continue to serve healthy and clean eating foods in our table. Any creative meals and ideas is much appreciated. Thanks!
  • Michelle52801429
    Michelle52801429 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @jenovia10- I do a lot of make-ahead freezer meals. That way I can save a few bucks by buying meat and some of the produce in bulk. Also makes it easy for busy weeks! I also cook on the weekends to prepare for the week. My husband and I both work full time, and I'm able to make sure we have home-cooked meals all week. :)
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree with Michelle that freezer meals are the best way. Also, when you're trying to get enough greens but you're sick of salad, add some broth and some spices and make soup, or add oil and spices and make stir fry.
  • gash14
    gash14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I first started, the sticker-shock really got to me! I only buy organic for the "Dirty Dozen" when it comes to produce...that makes things easier.

Ditto. Everything else gets a good vinegar/water soak/rinse. A couple tablespoons vinegar to a sink full of water does the trick.

Freezer meals and crock pot meals are my fav for family meals. Although as of late, we've all been snacking throughout the day and I haven't had to cook a full meal.