Eating fat feels so wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Yup eating high fat was a problem until I discovered BPC... Now staying under is a bigger problem.
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    It does take a bit to change this brainwashed thinking! It will come. I made my first "fat bomb" last night (simple, cream cheese with shredded sharp cheddar) after realizing I needed more fat, and it was good. Will venture into other fat bomb recipes for sure! Listen to your body, it will tell you when you are right!

That sounds DELICIOUS! :) All forms of cheese are amazing because of the protein content too.

OP, I just recently got through this as well. It's easy to think dietary fat will become body fat, but that's certainly not the case. When you start eating healthy all the guiding lights are saying "lean cuts of meat" and "reduce dairy" and in looking back to old food diary entries from last summer, I wasn't eating much fat at all and that lack of fat was made up with carbs. I still lost weight because of a severe deficit (which I've also fixed) but after doing some research about fats and the keto diet, I came to terms and have no issues diving into cheese and less lean cuts of meat. My macros are about an even 3-way split and since I changed that I've been much more satisfied and my sugar cravings are lessening.

Try not to think about it so much and enjoy the delicious food :)

• Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    At first, and still, it feel exhilarating to eat things like butter and bacon and not have to feel guilty about it. In the beginning, I was actually surprised at how good it felt and tasted to eat fat. I was the type of person to blot my pizza to soak up excess fat. I was more worried about how my body would react on the inside when starting rather than focusing on the palette. While I've adjusted to pretty much be able to eat coconut oil from a spoon, I still have trouble with the texture of animal fat. I can't do the texture of a chunk of beef fat off a steak. It has to be ground meat. Anyway, after a couple months, even weeks, you'll love the way you feel and know fat is good to eat.
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If steak is to lean, or you don't like meat rare, learn how to cook a beef or pork roast. It' s easy, and they are the fatty cuts. There will be lots of broth created also which is good to drink, or make gravy or soup with. :)
  • mebeep
    mebeep Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    At home I have no problem smearing coconut oil on a fatty piece of meat covered in melted cheese topped with a dollop of sour cream. It's when I'm out around family or in public that I realize when I reach for a pat of butter to just pop in my mouth, that my behavior is not socially acceptable. I think wheny body shows on the out side all the wonderful things happening inside, I will not be so sheepish around people who stare down their noses!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It took me a few months to get over that initial, well-learned urge to not add fats. I would need to intentionally add fats. Now it's a new habit and one I've learned to embrace wholeheartedly. :)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Jennym93 wrote: »
    Obviously on here it's encouraged and I've read some of the links about fat but it still feels so wrong,I'm ok with cooking in butter or adding cream to coffee but I just ate whipped double cream with butter and vanilla (so delicious) but feel so bad for eating it.
    But I do feel very full so that's a positive :)
    I wouldn't feel the same way if I ate something like caramel or candyfloss so why should eating fat be so different?
    Anyone else struggling with fat fear?

Jenny, have you seen this video?:

Fat Head (The History of the Demonization of Saturated Fat)

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    It's Ketogenic or Bariatric! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet
    Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Discussion Groups
    Blog #13 DittoDan's Milestone's, First's And Good Changes Since Starting the Ketogenic Diet