Introductions

Options
Figured I'd take a minute to say hello!

I'm janine a mom of 2 (6 & 4 years old) I work full time and am overall quite busy. I've got an amazing husband who loves and supports me no matter what. At my best I was down just under 150, worst was closer to 180. Today I'm 170 and feeling really negative about my self image.

I did insanity in prep for my 30th birthday two years ago. I loved it, I was super proud to finish and felt amazing at 30. I'm also a runner, and a week before my first marathon (this past October) I got pneumonia, couldn't run... got depressed. Got better, got injured and have fallen into a tail spin of unhealthy behaviour diet and fitness. I joined a gym on a groupon 2 months ago and when that runs out I'm starting insanity.

Replies

• Jfrogg11
    Jfrogg11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya :)

Im Jenna from the uk. I have 3 children and im 30.

I used to be a size 8 before having the kids im now a size 14 i hate it and its making me depressed so its about time i did something about it rather then moaning im fat!!

My weight is 167lb. Ill like to lose at least 28lb to get to a healthy size 10/12.

So joined mfp yeaterday and Did the insanity fit test (whoch was soo hard) so im hoping this is the start of my losing weight jorney.

My mfp showed i am eating over 1000 more calories then i should be :( jesus no wondering im piling on the lbs.

Nice to meet you and look forward to sharing your journey with you.

Jen xx
  • hnovak0103
    hnovak0103 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am Holly and I live in Colorado. I am married and have 3 kids 14,7 and almost 2. I was thin as a young adult but once I started having kids I would gain weight very easily. After giving birth the third time (and last) I felt very motivated to get in shape. I started training for a triathlon 4 months after giving birth and did it on my daughters 1st birthday. It was then I knew I could do anything I set my mind to.
    But I was still overweight. I worked out for 2 hrs 5 days a week and ate pretty well and could only get down 10lbs. I got really frustrated and started Insanity as a last effort to lose weight. It has worked so well for me I couldn't be happier! 13 lbs down so far and I have about 6 more to go. I will be 40 in January and I want to look healthier than I ever have.
    I am very glad to meet all of you and I am excited to see everyone succeed!!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Karen. I'm a 42yr old mum to a 10yr old girl. I started my weight loss journey at about 14 stone 2 years ago. I am now hovering around 11stone and have another stone to go to get to my first goal. I train 2 classes a week at the gym plus 3 other strength training days. My husband just bought me insanity. I'm just trying to figure out how to fit it into my current routine.
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 26 and am on day 15 of Insanity. I've lost 30 pounds last year just by eating healthier and exercising. Now I want to step it up a notch and get into the best shape of my life. That's where Insanity comes in! So far it's been a hard journey, but very doable. For me it's the mental challenge of being patient and trusting that this will work.

I have never been a runner and could only run 1.5 miles without stopping. On day 11 of Insanity, I ran my first 10K (6.2 miles) race without stopping! Insanity raised my stamina so much in just 11 days!
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Way to go KingsGirl!
  • princesswarrior1
    princesswarrior1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm Sara. I just finished my 3rd day of Insanity. I've had the DVD's for a while, but have never done it before. My gym membership recently expired and I am hoping Insanity will kick my rear in gear. I was sore after doing the fit test on day 1! I have noticed that I miss the comradely of a group class. I am hoping this group will help supplement that.

Other facts of interest (maybe)- I live in Seattle, I work full time (a hospital schedule and night shift too boot!), I'm 5'4 and currently 167.

Good luck to all of you!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Billy, mom of 3 (8,5 and 2) I just started Insanity for the second time, the first time around I found out I was pregnant into week 3 and decided to stop something so rigorous. I'm excited to try again now that I'm relatively fit and think I can handle giving it my all better. After hitting my goal weight in fall I've slipped back about 10 lbs and want to use Insanity to help me get back to it!

Good luck to you all!!
  • julyskb
    julyskb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am super excited to have found this group! Like the PP, I am used to group classes at the gym and it feels lonely at home. (I mean, I talk to Shaun but he doesn't talk back, so...). I am a newly stay at home mom with a six month old. I was the cliche pregnant lady who ate anything not nailed down and have been paying the price since my son was born. So here I am! I have about 20 lbs left to lose, but realistically would be happy to just get back into the clothes in my closet. I started yesterday and am on a two day streak. I am good at starting programs but not the best finisher so I am hoping for good accountability to keep going! Good luck to us all!!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi There - I'm in! I'm not starting "properly" till Monday 27th - why? I've signed up for a 10k (foolish me) and want to get some runs in before the Shaun Soreness sets in...

I'm happily married, 40 (how did that even HAPPEN??) and a Mum to two gorgeous kidlets, 5years and 10 months - GLORIOUS things they are!!

Having logged onto MFP and done a 5 day stretch - yay - I looked over my stats and I've been hovering around the same weight for approx 6 months and wondering why nothing was changing. Well, I'm fonting up and being honest with myself... I've not been trying. Too lax with the food and too non-existent with the exercise. I can do it - I LOVE Shaun. Never managed to finish it before.

So, here goes, Monday 27th April, I will be starting and showing up every day (well night after the kids have gone to bed, I've fed everyone and have done a full day's work but hey - we all know how that goes...). It's out there now, I've committed to it. Here goes :)

Yay us - we can rock this!!!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sorry for spelling - I didn't check before I pressed send. :( Oh, and I'm originally from England but am a very proud Canadian eh?! :p
  • ja9smakinachange
    Options
    Welcome English :)
  • fabiulosa
    fabiulosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone y name is Carmen I'm from California. Mom of 4. My oldest is 7, 4, and twins of 1.5 years. At the beginning of last year i was told that i had gallstones. I was in the emergency room ready to get surgery. But after a while the doctor came in to my room and said that they weren't going to do surgery. The nurse then told me change your diet and you won't have to get surgery. So i did i changed my diet and a week later decided to do turbo fire. With my twins being almost 5 months i really had no other choice but to workout at home. Well it worked out in 3.5 months i had lost 15lbs. And i didn't get my gallbladder removed. Between July 2014 and January 2015 i was back to my bad eating habits. So on February 2015 i decided to start all over and so far I'm down 13.8lbs. This coming Monday i will be starting insanity and i just hope it helps me tone my body. Can't wait to see the results through this workout.
  • ja9smakinachange
    Options
    @fabiulosa are you starting today?!?!? let's DO THIS!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    thanks for the invite. i'm frank, 43. did 3 rounds of insanity, P90X/X2/X3, les mills combat, Body Beast & PiYo. I am on day 8 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM vol. 1! it's rough! currently training for my first Spartan race in July. looking at the P90X/X+ hybrid after ASYLUM, then back to the BEAST for the fall/winter!
  • ja9smakinachange
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    thanks for the invite. i'm frank, 43. did 3 rounds of insanity, P90X/X2/X3, les mills combat, Body Beast & PiYo. I am on day 8 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM vol. 1! it's rough! currently training for my first Spartan race in July. looking at the P90X/X+ hybrid after ASYLUM, then back to the BEAST for the fall/winter!

Wow! Beast indeed, thanks for joining we may be looking to you for advice after all your experience
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy wow you've accomplished a lot so far! I'm so glad you're doing a Spartan Race. I did one this past January and I'm hooked! I love Spartan Race. You're going to have a blast.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Wow! Beast indeed, thanks for joining we may be looking to you for advice after all your experience
    any time. ask away. :smile:

• gam3rguy
    Options
    KingsGirl4 wrote: »
    @gam3rguy wow you've accomplished a lot so far! I'm so glad you're doing a Spartan Race. I did one this past January and I'm hooked! I love Spartan Race. You're going to have a blast.
    thanks. workin on it. Spartans look like fun...so, doing it. :blush:

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 9 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done! that was rough!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 10 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Relief"=Done! that wasn't so bad. :)