Eating makes me feel good, especially sweets.

Options
Hello all, My name is Cari and I just decided to get serious and start my journey to a healthier way of eating and taking care of my body. I don't have support so I'm reaching out on this forum. I'm starting today with a 1,500 cal. a day diet. I'm so unhappy with my body and the way I feel I have to make this program work! I love to eat as I'm sure most of you can relate.

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good for you! you started. That is all we can do every day is start. And most days we will make it. Don't beat yourself up if you fall off. Tomorrow is a new start. I love to eat and cook, I am a huge foodie. but I have simplified because I don't want to log all those ingredients! Sweets are good, but try making or buying things with stevia or erythritol. Cavalier has a delicious dark chocolate with Stevia. Give yourself a treat date and you will not only feel you deseve it, but you will enjoy it a whole lot more! Good luck on your journey!
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love sweets too! Not so much candy but baked like cookies and cake. I just made the commitment to let go of one thing at a time. First it was soda pop, then cookies, then cupcakes, etc. I find that after two weeks of giving up something I don't really miss it anymore. Also I got rid of 'all or nothing' thinking ... If I slip a little I don't let it derail me all the way.
  • purple44444
    purple44444 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Eating makes me feel so good too!!! It is SO hard!!!
  • Michelle52801429
    Michelle52801429 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck Cari - you can do it!!

It is hard!! I don't think that I eat emotionally in the sense that I do it because I'm stressed or sad. I do it because I like food and food that is bad for me makes me feel happy! However, I don't feel happy at the end of the day when I eat badly. That's the part that sucks.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're in the right place for
    Sure! I've found the best way to set myself up for success is planning out cardio time and mainly meal prepping, having healthy foods and snacks I enjoy which are better choices than I used to make, ready at my fingertips so it's convenient and then I have no excuse to
    Run to the vending machine. Sunday is my cooking/chopping/tupperwaring day to get everything ready for the upcoming week. Mixing fat into snacks such as apples with amond butter or carrots paired with string cheese, etc..Also I need to eat every 3-4 hours so I don't get all ravenous/bingey near end of the day.

Good luck in finding your groove! Make sure to log accurately every little thing that goes in your mouth and the results will be amazin
  • rebekahzinn1
    rebekahzinn1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    One trick is to reserve a time for a treat every day. Every day, you plan to have a 100-200 calorie snack before bed. It can be whatever you want. So, if you want that brownie, wrap it up and save it for your snack time. If you build a routine like that, you won't feel tempted to snack all day long because you know you can have your favorite thing every day.
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow... we have d same prob. We have to do what we can.
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i caved in to my emotional eating yesterday! but i saw iced honey buns as soon as i stepped into walmart and craved them the whole time i was shopping, so i willingly went back to the display and grapped up, not one, but 2 of them!! only 50cents each so, in my stinking thinking, what a bargain! what was the emotion attached to that decision? happiness! eating sweets makes me happy, satisfied, and rewarded. i was rewarded with sweets as a child; rewarded myself throughout my adult life and now at 59yrs old, i'm still rewarding myself and making myself happy! even though i know better, i know that the sweets will end up making me feel guilty, sad, defeated, and obese afterwards! how do i stop this vicious cycle?? :'(:s