Mini goal celebration

Options
roxiepoo1
roxiepoo1 Posts: 6 Member
In January, my father lost his hard-fought battle with lung cancer, courtesy of his service in Vietnam. As he literally wasted away before our eyes, I packed on the pounds. When I finally stepped on a scale in mid-March, I was 213.6 lbs, the biggest I have ever been, making me morbidly obese at just 5'2". I decided then the best way to honor my father was to live a long and healthy life. Since then I have been eating right and walking at least an hour most days. The scale had been hovering right around 200 lbs all week, but today I weighed in at 199.6! I'm am still far from my ideal weight of 130 lbs (according to BMI), but I wanted to just take time to celebrate the achievements along the way. I'm one step closer everyday! Remember, it's the little things that truly add up!

Replies

• Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss!
    That is great progress that you have made in just one month! Congratulations!
    I'm sure that your dad is looking down on you with admiration for striving for a better life for yourself. I know that I want my own children to live long, happy, and healthy lives, whether I'm there or not. I'm sure he's proud of you. Keep up the great work!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss! I can't imagine! I think it's an awesome way to honor your father; I'm sure he'd be proud of you! Sounds like you're a fighter too! You've got this!
  • hhackley
    hhackley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. What a great way to honor your father! Keep up the good work and congratulations on meeting your mini goal! :)
  • roxiepoo1
    roxiepoo1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies, for the kind words and encouragement!
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. You have turned such a terrible loss into positive motivation though. Way to go on your mini goal!!! ☺
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Just thinking about how proud your father would be of you brings tears to my eyes. You should be proud as well. Keep it up!!!
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job, that is awesome! Sorry for your the loss of your father, though.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    Prayers and positive energy sent your way for your continued success on focusing on a healthy life. What an awesome way to honor your father's memory!