Post your recent results - Part 2

Options

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Heart Mini Half Marathon - 1:28:42

Awesome run yesterday Doug. I can attest that the course was from hell. It's usually a nice event, but with the Ohio river flooding, they had to make some last minute adjustments to the half marathon course. The race itself is a HM that starts in tandem with a 15K. Typically, the HM course splits off from the out and back 15K at about mile 9 (at the crest of a pretty tough hill) and then goes down and across the river and back. This year, at about mile 6 , the HM course doubled back on itself again to make up for the lost miles of not crossing the river. This led to turning around right into slow traffic (for me, that was casual walkers, oblivious to the fact that there were runners trying to get around them). It also made it so that the dreaded hill was now at mile 12 instead of 8. There were plenty of people from the 15K walking that portion of the hill as well. Having done this HM twice before and the 15K about 5 times, I was not at all prepared for this. I was pretty happy with my 1:45:17 in spite of everything, but Doug just flat out killed it!

Oh Lori ya made me blush :) I'm sure there were plenty of bruised scapulas to go around. It's just the way it goes when you're running 8-12MPH through a crowd of folks going 5MPH. Hopefully the weather cooperates next year because it is a great race if you can cross the Roebling and Purple People bridges. Oh well - we both kicked *kitten* :)

• litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    12mph, Doug? Haha, that's how fast I cycle.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    litsy3 wrote: »

No Kidding!. But I don't think it was too far off the pace of the overall winner. I did not understand what was happening with the course, so imagine my confusion when I saw him running back towards us after the first turn around. He was running to the RIGHT of everyone going in the opposite direction, presumably to avoid having other runners step out in front of him as he maneuvered through the slower traffic. The whole thing was interesting, to say the least.

• litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :D Ha, that makes more sense. I was imagining Doug claiming he was doing 12mph. But it's pretty stupid to make runners share the path in both directions without tape or cones or at least a load of race officials telling people to keep right!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an amazing medal!
    I agree! Looks like it comes apart into 3 separate medals?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

No Kidding!. But I don't think it was too far off the pace of the overall winner. I did not understand what was happening with the course, so imagine my confusion when I saw him running back towards us after the first turn around. He was running to the RIGHT of everyone going in the opposite direction, presumably to avoid having other runners step out in front of him as he maneuvered through the slower traffic. The whole thing was interesting, to say the least.

Oops, I meant like 9.5-10. I'm not mathy in the morning lol
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an amazing medal!
    I agree! Looks like it comes apart into 3 separate medals?

Yes, three medals. After finishing on Saturday, I received the one on the left. After finishing on Sunday, received the right medal and the top. The bottom two have magnets, so they actually stick together. Was really impressed with the medals...I've run their other "series", the Texas Bridge Series (3 races a month apart each over bridges in the Houston area) and those medals also fit together (there is also a 4th bonus medal), though they didn't have magnets to hold them together.

This was a very cool event, well-organized, lots of fast runners, and for a good local charity. 104 people finished the Pelican Challenge (2 halfs). 49 people finished the tougher challenge, Trail Challenge...run the half on Saturday and a marathon on Sunday.
  • vcphil
    vcphil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    31:38 8k with a 322 ft climb! Tough but fun to run a shorter race
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    43:40.3 5mi with the last 1.1-ish mile INTO the wind and part of the stretch between mile 2 &3

it's a 3:17 PR
  • funfast88
    Options
    Stafford Half, my 3rd half marathon. Would have been happy with anything under 1:50, 1:45 would have been brill....finished just under 1:43!!! Very happy, plus PBs for 5k and 10k!
    This has motivated me to get even quicker.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first half marathon on Sunday: 2:07:43 It was a little hilly but not awful. I'm excited for my next one in June :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    Run the Bluegrass Half Marathon. Relentless rolling hills for ~1000ft of elevation change. Training run with the last 10mi at marathon pace. Finish time: 1:41:50
    Race report: https://www.facebook.com/sonicdeathmonkeyrunning/posts/1073640605986374
  • MountainMaggie
    MountainMaggie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Broke my half marathon PR by 19 minutes yesterday. WHAT???!!! 2:12:10. Do the math. My previous wasn't hard to beat, but I was shooting for 10 minutes tops, truly expecting at least 5. And the best part is how freaking great I felt throughout the race. And no walking this time, unless you count water stations, which I don't. Drinking while running is just ridiculous, imo. Relax an drink your f***ing water, then sprint for the next 1/10 of a mile.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    Broke my half marathon PR by 19 minutes yesterday. WHAT???!!! 2:12:10. Do the math. My previous wasn't hard to beat, but I was shooting for 10 minutes tops, truly expecting at least 5. And the best part is how freaking great I felt throughout the race. And no walking this time, unless you count water stations, which I don't. Drinking while running is just ridiculous, imo. Relax an drink your f***ing water, then sprint for the next 1/10 of a mile.

Waterboarding is fun :) Good job on the PR - keep it up!
  • cre8ful1
    cre8ful1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ran my last 2 Half Marathons in the same exact time of 1:35:22. The Dallas Rock and Roll & the Too Cold to Hold, also in Dallas. Both are a PR. I just wish that I was 1 second faster in one of the races to have a single PR instead of a shared PR.
  • vcphil
    vcphil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    18:36 @ the gold's 5k. 1st woman out of 2200+ ladies! :open_mouth:
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Bunbury 3 Waters Half Marathon for me today, with an official time of 1:49:26. Not much elevation total, but what felt like constant rolling hills for atleast half of it. Horrendous headwind at times, including the last km. So bad I struggled to get into a 4:xx/km pace, even though I was runnin downhill. Everything else was good and if I hadn't sprinted the last 200m I think it would have felt like a training run at the end I it all. Overjoyed with a 5min PB too.
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    BAA 5K 4/18/2015. 21:49.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Gazelle Girl Half Marathon, 2:24:10, a 3 minute PR!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    Carmel Marathon: 3:19 -- 11min PR. 56th OA, 11th AG
This discussion has been closed.