Tell me. What was the best thing that happened today?

Options
CEK0220
CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
Every day has something good in it. Sometimes it's hard to see at first. But once we take a moment we can see that there was likely at least one good thing. Maybe someone you admire told you that you're doing awesome. Or you got a new job. Could be that you got home and your kids cleaned the house...it could happen.

For me, there were several good things about today. The traffic was good coming to the office. The weather was so gorgeous today and I got a nice walk in. Also, not having any "picky pouch" episodes has been awesome.

Your turn!

Replies

• IslandSneezerooo
    IslandSneezerooo Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    After a couple busy weeks with doctor appointments, spring break with a chatty kid at home, easter outings, and big family get togethers I'm having a quiet week at home alone and I'm LOVING it. I still have to do our business taxes, but I can listen to my favourite music, drink decaf all day, and I don't have to talk to anyone or answer any questions... bliss!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I got in some pureed foods, got a beautiful floral arrangement from a dear friend, worked a full day with some major accomplishments and compliments and am one week post op! YAY!!!!! So much in this life to be grateful for and most of all for making new friends in all of you to share this journey with <3
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mine was still liking my new job (second week) and having a really great meeting with an event sponsor this afternoon! Great thread!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I got up when my alarm went off this morning and got in 6500 steps before heading to work. When I got home I only needed 2000 steps to complete my 10,000 for the day.
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great thread idea!! My daughter has been fighting riding her bike without her training wheels for 2 summers now. Today she got on and rode a mile and a half with me running with her. It was awesome!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    First night of golf league for me. Lots of people who have not seen me since September (80 pounds ago) and who I have known for years. A ton of positive reinforcement from people who are genuinely happy to see me healthier than they have ever seen me. Played a crappy round of golf, but that's irrelevant compared to how I felt seeing my friends.

Rob
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: I timed my 300m swim at 9.5 mins and feel great about it and the sun and water felt really nice.
    Today: I put on some Old Navy 44 waist jeans that I bought 4 years ago because they were a good goal and on sale for $5. This is the first time I've been able to put them on. They fit a little snug but they aren't uncomfortable and buttoned easily. Yay!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    had to move down from my 3x shirts to the 2x ones, and they're kinda loose. so cleaned out part of the closet by removing all the 3x clothes. luckily I have several different sizes in there cause I hate to throw anything out.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    badhair56 wrote: »
    had to move down from my 3x shirts to the 2x ones, and they're kinda loose. so cleaned out part of the closet by removing all the 3x clothes. luckily I have several different sizes in there cause I hate to throw anything out.

I enjoyed the archaeological dig through my clothes that I grew out of and never threw out. It was fun to pull out stuff from 10-12 years ago and have it fit or be loose.

• cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had to buy regular ties, as the XL's are way to long now...love it!
  • tlogesi
    tlogesi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Got my steps in!
    Got my exercise in!!
    Hit my calorie goal!!!
    Got in a good motorcycle ride!
    My son was recognized a national merit scholar!!!!!!!

Most important thing, I took the time to really soak it in and give thanks for all my blessings. I may be the happiest person I know.

It's time to go spread it around!
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What wonderful days you all have had!! The "downsizing" and getting your grooves on! Rob hit his goal! Y'all are amazing and inspiring people!

So, today the best thing that happened to me is I am getting a promotion! This means I will also be moving to a different building. I will have a longer commute, but the atmosphere of the new office will make it all worth it. And if I decide the commute is too awful to drive, I will start taking the bus. Such exciting things await me!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This morning's weigh-in has me down 125 lbs since my last pre-op weigh-in; only 41 to go to get to goal. I would say I'm in a damn good mood today. LOL
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had to adjust my shoe strings! My feet are smaller!! LOL its truly the little things that bring joy to the journey!! :)
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm officially on a regular diet today post-surgery! I had a third of a baked sweet potato with butter from Longhorn Steakhouse (no sugar) for lunch- not sure what to try first for dinner but I plan to take things slow. I had someone I hadn't seen in a while compliment me on my weight loss (38 lbs. lost as of today from pre-op clear liquids).

Now if we can just get rid of all the rain down here so I can get out and walk in the evenings, life will be grand.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, My family is doing well. My headaches are getting better, I accomplished a lot at work, I am at a plateau with weight loss but my coworker took long to say hello back because she didn't recognize me at first because I've lost so much weight and she said I keep getting skinnier & skinnier. Good times!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Fit into some old pants today that are 6 sizes smaller than pre-surgery. Also, today is one month since I had the Sleeve. Best thing I've ever done for my health.

Thank you all for the support and good info. :)
  • Kleona29
    Kleona29 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's only been a couple of weeks since my surgery and today has been the second day I didn't have to stop what I was doing and take a nap in the middle of the day. It feels so good to be getting my energy back.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    went for two week follow up today, had sleeve on April 1st, no more bp meds -- WOO-HOO
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I could finally get my wedding rings off - they'd been stuck on there for the past three years or so. At my highest, I was afraid I was going to have to get them cut off (the rings, not my fingers - haha). Now I can get them cleaned - they're filthy!