New to the group

Options
Hi all!
I've been trying to use MFP more avidly and think it will be much more fun and motivational with friends. I'm 5'2 and 130 pounds. My goal weight is about 115-120 pounds. I plan to meet my goal by eatting healthy and by continuing to do strength training at the gym. What are your goal weights and how do you plan to reach them?
Feel free to add me! I'm still a newbie to this all

Replies

• AmandaM5512
    AmandaM5512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have similar goals. I'm 5'1" currently 125 with a goal weight of 110-115. I've been eating clean and exercising since January. I'm down 12 lbs in those 3 months.
  • jennylew1212
    jennylew1212 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'0 and looking to lose about 10 lbs. I've lost about 20 lbs since last April and have just been maintaining my weight this winter. Now that spring is here I'm hoping to drop the last of the weight since I'll be more active. I enjoy running and strength training. I would love to lose the last 10 by the end of the summer.

I'm 122 lbs now, looking to get to 110-115.
  • laura_villa
    Options
    Thank you ladies for replying! It's nice to see other MFP users with similar goals as mine! :)
  • hopecmarie
    hopecmarie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose the same amount of weight! In currently 5'6 and 132. My goal is 120. I'm recently up from 125...:/
  • Jacqueline_Conley
    Jacqueline_Conley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hey! I'm Jacqui and I'm 20 years old. I'm 5.2 and currently 134. Ive lost 6 pounds in two weeks from starting MFP! My goal is 125 and I think I'll be about to reach it by mid summer. If any girls need some workout advice message me! and friend me!!!
  • donna7763
    donna7763 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 127 and I'm 51. I want to lose 10 pounds as well. I work out regularly alternating between boot camp style classes, Body Pump, Indoor cycling, and yoga. It comes down to eating. Right now I'm using the 21-day fit meal planning. It's been a good week, but it's a VERY SLOW process.
  • suzzie58
    suzzie58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.1 and currently weigh 131 lbs and want to get down to 15 lbs but more importantly want to shift the stubborn flabby bit around my middle and in my hips. I train 3-4 times a week and have a PT session too I work with weights and cardio it is taking some time to shift but you get out what you put in so keeping at it.
  • lebou1sa
    lebou1sa Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 25, 5'7", and currently weigh 164. I am working on getting down to the 140 range. My main goal is to slim down my midsection. I am two weeks in to my workout and healthy eating plan and have already lost 6 lbs!
  • kkandblue
    Options
    I'm also new. I'm 5'5 and weigh 125 pounds. I'm looking to lose maybe 5 pounds but my main goal is to lose body fat but gain muscle. I'm doing this by eating lots of protein (vegetarian protein!) and doing weight training twice a week. I'm also trying to get better at running. Right now I get out of breath by running half a mile. I hope by the end of May I'll be able to run at least a mile in 7 minutes or less.
  • jaxz88
    jaxz88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm not new, but newly returning. I am 5'7" and would like to get down to 135. 20# to go and I need some help and motivation! I joined this group with thought of finding someone who can help me with motivation. I'm a great motivator for others but have a hard time with myself.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Abbie and I'm also new to the group! I'm 5'3 and weigh about 127 currently, but I'd like to get closer to 120. I currently do boot camp classes twice a week and run 2-3 times pee week as I'm doing my first 5k at the end of May!
  • jaxz88
    jaxz88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!! That's so awesome!! Almost there :)
  • Aloha4moi
    Aloha4moi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to the group here too- 5'1" and currently 125 lbs but would love to lose 5 - 10 more. Have lost 4.5 but have been just holding there for a couple weeks. Trying not to be discouraged. Time for more exercise! Ideas??
  • KSTexans
    KSTexans Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm pretty new to this too. I'm 5'5" currently 137. Looking to lose 12 (have lost 8 in about a month). I'm working on eating clean, cardio, and Barre3. Free free to add me.
  • brinaruth
    brinaruth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Sabrina. I'm 5'7" and currently 165. I've lost almost 10 pounds in the last 3-4 weeks with the support of fellow mfp-ers, and I've got another 20-25 to go. More important to me than my weight, I'm looking to tone up and work toward a leaner body. Always happy to connect with other motivated folks - feel free to add me :)
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kellie. I'm 49 years old, 5'4" and weigh 126 lbs. trying to get down to 120 lbs. Also trying to rid myself of chip and chocolate cravings by eating more nutritiously. I go to the gym approx 4 times a week.
  • cristinafit15
    cristinafit15 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cristina. I've made countless accounts on this site but am really determined to be successful this time. I am 5'6 and weigh 144. I would like to get to 129 by the end of June.

Everyone please add me! I think the reason i have failed before is because I try to do it alone. Lets help each other!

<3