introduce yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• gillster2015
    gillster2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also, it's hard to imagine level 1 getting easier in just 10 days.....does it?!
  • BabydollQueen
    BabydollQueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Sandra. I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I am turning 30 in exactly 16 weeks and want to lose 56 lb by then. I'm the biggest I have ever been in my life (196 lb) and I hate myself for it. I'm a personal fitness trainer, I know better. I lost my motivation 5 yrs ago when my mom passed away. I'm ready to get back on track. I've started the 30 day shred before, but have never finished. I would love to make some positive and motivating friends.
  • Lissieyo
    Lissieyo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Melissa, from London UK. When I started my journey I had 82lbs to lose. I'm currently down 9lbs just from the last week. Its my second attempt at the Shred and I've just completed day 7. Already notice a difference in my strength and stamina for some of the moves on the DVD. To compliment the workouts, I'm also aiming to do yoga and much more walking. Additionally I am calorie counting. Good luck to everyone taking part! :)
  • Lissieyo
    Options

It really does. I was so far from being fit and couldn't do a lot of the moves for the entire time allocated. Now theres a really big difference from when I started just 7 days ago. Just power through :)

• gillster2015
    gillster2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lissieyo wrote: »

It really does. I was so far from being fit and couldn't do a lot of the moves for the entire time allocated. Now theres a really big difference from when I started just 7 days ago. Just power through :)

Thanks Melissa, that's really encouraging to heat that! I've been in pain all day but still made myself do the workout. All the best for week 2 and starting level 2!!
  • BabydollQueen
    Options
    I just got done with day 1 Level 1... :)
    How should I log it in my fitness pal diary? It is both strength and cardio.
  • keelzyamy
    Options
    going to start today, im 28 from england and feel my self slipping further and further, cant find clothes i like that fit in my usual shops anymore, want to start a family so need to get some of this baggage off! Got the workouts all 3 on youtube so no need to buy them. Good luck every one
  • Lissieyo
    Options
    I just got done with day 1 Level 1... :)
    How should I log it in my fitness pal diary? It is both strength and cardio.

A lot of people are using circuit, although I don't know how accurate that is. You could also use a heart rate monitor.

So I have three days left of level 1. Any idea if its best to take a rest day first or just hit it? I was really hungover and ended up having two rest days back to back and it felt hideous to start again, however, when I'd just taken one I felt like on the following session I was so much more capable.

Kind of made the mistake of watching level 2 in advance and now I'm mildly terrified :worried: I am ok with level 1 but 2 looks waaaay more intense!
  • brhaber123
    brhaber123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is harder but doable...I didn't take a rest day before starting it but did take one after day 3 of it so I have now done 18 days of the shred in 19 days. Two more days at level 2 then on to level 3 but I haven't watched level 3 yet to see how bad it is. Hang in there and work through it - I just got to tighten my belt another notch today!
  • BabydollQueen
    Options

Thank you, Lissieyo. :)
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm from interior British Columbia and I have a couple dozen pounds to lose. I don't have a scale so am going by how I feel and how my pants fit! I am on day 9, and have done level 2 the last couple days. Today I did week one of her Ripped in 30 dvd right after the shred. . .nearly killed me. I'm feeling good about keeping on with it, it helps reading updates of everyone else :)

I'm having knee pain ( I think from all the jumping!) thats making the cardio and lunges a bit tricky, but I just try to keep moving.
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! New Zealander living in Sweden. Started day 1 yesterday... Have A LOT to lose. Not too sore today, so let's see how it goes!
  • Lizdee79
    Lizdee79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just finished day 7 and I'm feeling much better, the first few days were really tough, walking downstairs was worse than going up but I'm glad to say I persevered with it! I've decided not to take any rest days but that may be a different story when I move up to level 2 on day 10 :) keep working out folks summer is on it's way and together we can do this! :)
  • Lizdee79
    Options
    bebe2541 wrote: »
    Lizdee79 wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm starting the 30 day shred late as my DVD only arrived yesterday. Last year I managed to tone down really well attending boot camps but due to time constraints I'm struggling to fit them in this year. How's everyone finding it? I'm from the UK
    It's my third time starting and having a hard time getting back into it but I am so excited!

You can do it Bebe2541 x x

• Lizdee79
    Options

Surprisingly it does, I thought I wouldnt get past day 3 but keep at it!! How are you getting on?

• KittyKatCA
    KittyKatCA Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Catherine (33) from Milton Keynes in the UK. I have a 10 month old son and have 30 days before I return to work from maternity leave. I put on a lot of weight whilst I was pregnant and it's taken me about 8/9 months to recover from the aches and pains my labour caused me. So I want to use the 30 Day Shred to give me that boost in fitness so I can start classes in my local gym when i have returned to work. I just started Day 1 of Level 1 today and it was tough but now i know what to expect from Level 1 I'm going to try it with no rest breaks this time round... wish me luck :s
  • ivonameow
    ivonameow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So I'm down for the count! I got through day 6 when my knees gave out. This wasn't the muscle soreness from the beginning, it was actual joint pain. It mildly started day 3, I did 2 more days when the pain became quite severe. After one more go the next day, my knees literally felt like little knives were prying at my kneecaps all day. I've taken time off to heal, apparently joints & tendons can take longer to acclimatise than muscles, but doc told me to stay off until they're better. So FYI: if you feel sharp stabs in your knees don't try to work through it, let it heal all they way before you go back, unlike muscles. Lots of posts on how 30DS can be hard on knees, so do be careful!
  • Xlyinia
    Xlyinia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm Erin and I started on the 10th of this month. I'm not doing before and after photos, just before and after Weight and Fat % measurements. I'm actually hoping to see more fat loss than weight loss, but either will be welcome! I've never made it to level 2 before, all you who are there, is it awful?
  • bebe2541
    bebe2541 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ivonameow wrote: »
    Hi I'm Ivona,

I'm 31 years old and this is my first time working out since high school. I started on a diet of 1200 cal a day at 165 pounds, and I'm on week 8 of that and have lost 20 pounds so far through diet alone. Halfway through I cut to 1000 cal which I'm feeling quite good on (making sure to hit ALL my macros and micros). I'm really short so it's not an unreasonable number for me, and I feel really good on it.

I decided it's exercise time on my journey, so I started the shred on April 1 (in the afternoons) and most of me is ok except my thighs are in complete agony this morning. I'm debating whether or not I should work through the pain or take a rest day and just go for a walk instead, but I'm leaning towards giving it another go today and I'll take a break if it's really bad tomorrow.

How are you all dealing with the soreness? Do you just work through it or is everybody taking rest days? Are you supposed to do it 30 days straight? I'm following on youtube so I don't have the full instructions...
    Awesome job deciding to start the shred!! I had a really hard time until about day 5 or 6 and then your body just kind of says "OK I'm getting this now" and the pain goes away. This time I started the second and I was SO insanely sore I haven't done done day two
    bebe2541 wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm starting the 30 day shred late as my DVD only arrived yesterday. Last year I managed to tone down really well attending boot camps but due to time constraints I'm struggling to fit them in this year. How's everyone finding it? I'm from the UK
    It's my third time starting and having a hard time getting back into it but I am so excited!

You can do it Bebe2541 x x

Thank you!!!
  • t4nn1e
    t4nn1e Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just started the thirty day shred!! Day three and in agony!! How's it going for you all?