trying zero carb (X posted w/ Low carb daily)

Options
JennyToy
JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
i am tired of white knuckling through sugar cravings. And one time of month they are literally out of control, it's ALL i think about. i am going to try zero carb. i started yesterday just trying it out. officially i guess my start date is today because i am not logging any food. i researched yesterday alot and it seems to me to be old school atkins-no nuts no salad. Eating only from the animal kingdom and i am including dairy (cream, cheese) and butter (butter satisfies tremendously!). Like i said my biggest issue is lately it's always an internal struggle and it's exhuasting. Also i am ready for a break from Macros. Also i am a Master "self negotiator" and i have been struggling to stay keto and struggling to keep on track. The carbs sneak in because i am looking for any relief from these cravings. i feel like an addict! If anyone is interested i will let you know how i feel and how the weight loss and body changes proceed. i am starting at 33.6% body fat (according to my scale which i know isn't perfect but it's what i have and as long as i keep using that any reduction should be accurate even if the number itself isn't)...and at 181.7 pounds. Thanks for cheering for me :smiley:

Edit: it occurs to me this is more suited to the Low carb daily group-sorry all-i can't delete it so i will just leave it)

Replies

• stevieedge2015
    stevieedge2015 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh good luck let us know how you get on xx
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck! But honestly if you are including dairy, that is not a zero carb way of eating. The only way you can do zero carbs is eating meat only. There is a group on Facebook that I follow that does just this. But if you're looking for zero carb, meat only is the way to go.

Here's the group on Facebook if you're interested in zero carb:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/105005229541718/
  • JennyToy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i am a member of that group. i am following their ZC FAQ's which can be found here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/wiki/faq

and say:

"On dairy: avoid milk and yoghurt (heavy carbs- lactose), use only pure (not ‘thickened’- heavy) cream (read the label), cheese and unsalted butter.(NOTE: ZIOH includes milk and yoghurt and we’re not concerned for lactose carbs. Each person must gage their body’s response to lactose. As your health improves you may find that your tolerance for lactose increases. Milk has been shown to be an extremely healthy part of many predominantly carnivorous diets.)

So, my cheese, butter, and heavy cream are fine on this zero carb plan.

They do suggest just meat at first (first thirty days) but, i have never had any negative reactions to dairy. And since it's on the plan, it opens up a few options for me. Anyway, thanks for the support.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the attack phase of the Duken diet. I did meat only for 30 days and lost tones of body fat. The scale moved very little but my BF dropped.
    I stopped because my daughter freaked out and told me I was getting to small. Honestly my face looked like Skeletor .
    I read when u eat meat only like I did it's a type of fasting . I was also only eating lean low fat meats . So yea I was doing low carb and low fat and my body suffered . My sex drive went down which is not normal for me. This was done in 2011and I'm still trying to get my sex drive back to normal . I know people do not talk about this topic but had I known my sex drive would be affected I think I would have made sure to include high fats .
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steffiejoe, if you are going to eat meat only, you have to high fatty cuts of beef. That's a big rule in that way of eating. But I'm guessing you know that now.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    SOOZIE429 wrote: »
    Steffiejoe, if you are going to eat meat only, you have to high fatty cuts of beef. That's a big rule in that way of eating. But I'm guessing you know that now.

Yes I learned a hard lesson !! My body loves healthy fats. I felt funny posting about the subject but wanted to share my experience . It seems like a taboo topic at least I have not heard any other women experience this side effect . I have heard guys post about this happening to them , when they diet hard core but not one female .
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The "sex" hormones are all the same whether male or female, in different amounts, as far as arousal and achievement of goals, etc., so I don't know why it wouldn't happen to women. We're just browbeat not to ever talk about "it." *whisper, whisper*

Well I say Forget that. I'll talk about anything and everything and shout as loud as I can. How can I get advice if no one will admit the problem exists? Treatment? How can others know that they aren't alone of someone doesn't have the brave voice to speak up in the first place?

@steffiejoe You just got promoted to ROCKSTAR HEALTH ADVOCATE in my book!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Please do keep us updated - I wonder if it's OK to do zero carb just for a short while to kick-up the fat loss a bit more?
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Please do keep us updated - I wonder if it's OK to do zero carb just for a short while to kick-up the fat loss a bit more?

@totaloblivia I would think that just like getting into and out of ketosis, that there would be some lack of efficiency as you adapt back and forth. I would honestly think that some sort of fat fast would be far more efficient as a "kick-up" on your fat burning engine, though i could be wrong.

Do get your body to "shift" into zero carb mode, I would think that you need to eat this way consistently for a while to receive the best benefits. Therefore going back and forth - unless in say quarterly blocks or something - would seem to lose the best benefits of any eating path...
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    you're probably right @KnitorMiss - you usually are!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    you're probably right @KnitorMiss - you usually are!

I don't know about all that now... I just tend to thinking logically first and foremost, so thinking through a "sparked" idea like this tends to follow logic for me. LOL
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Please keep sharing. I too am considering zero carb, the lower the carbs the better I feel.
  • JennyToy
    Options
    will do KetoGirl83! So far i have lost 1.3 pounds and .3% body fat. my cravings are gone which is.... simply awesome. i feel like my body is changing rapidly but so far that's what the data shows. Monday would be 1 week. thanks for supporting me!