Protein Powder?

Options
LoLoGB
LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
Hi all. I need help getting more protein in my diet and want to do protein powder. Looking for a high quality one that has little to no sugar. Suggestions?

Replies

• ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have been loving Isopure Zero Carb (creamy vanilla is my go-to to mix for smoothies). I purchase mine on Amazon. I seem to have more taste buds than most people and the average protein powder absolutely turns my stomach!
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like Nuzest. It only has a few ingredients, it mixes well, and tastes great. I mix 2 scoops of Nuzest with a tablespoon of almond butter and a little water. Mix it in a bowl with a spoon till it becomes pudding like. This is my favorite snack when I'm wanting chocolate or ice cream. It mixes well with water in a shaker cup for the on the go smoothie as well.
  • LoLoGB
    LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll have to research both and give a try!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I put the complete nutrition brand in my coffee.....now I can skip creamer and the truvia.
  • remelign
    remelign Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is the best Whey Protein for the dollar. 24 g of protein, 1g of sugar per big scoop. The Cake Batter flavor tastes awesome, and feels like drinking a dessert! Mix with some raspberries, and it's heavenly.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb is about the only one I can really stand. Biochem is not bad either.
  • queenboss3000
    queenboss3000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb is about the only one I can really stand. Biochem is not bad either.

Jay Robb FTW! Chocolate and vanilla all the way. :)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I've been using Pure Protein Naturals.
  • SmellyHippy
    SmellyHippy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I second Isopure. Tastes great, low carb, quality.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Natural, or MRM. The Optimum Gold Standard is also pretty good. My BF doesn't like the taste of the MRM one though. I haven't tried Isopure but would like to, eventually.

I find that with some almond milk & fruits, any protein powder tastes fine though. The only one I drink with water only is the Labrada Lean Body for Her in chocolate. It's yummy (but has more calories & carbs).
  • burningfire001
    burningfire001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, Isopure Zero Carb is the best
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Which Isopure flavour do you all prefer? There's a mango flavour that would probably be tasty if I made popsicles with it... yum ;)
  • SmellyHippy
    SmellyHippy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I prefer the double dutch chocolate
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    ooo mango flavored protein? Wish I could have that. Pesky mild allergy. I really should get tests some day to pinpoint the exact cause. Or I can just use stuff once or twice a week and risk the mild itchy reaction. hmmmm
  • iFeiKo
    iFeiKo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm using lactoprot pure whey isolate with no additives. Goes well with unsweetened cocoa powder or coffee,as well as with fruit juices or milk.
  • Sandra_Curtis
    Sandra_Curtis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    ooo mango flavored protein? Wish I could have that. Pesky mild allergy. I really should get tests some day to pinpoint the exact cause. Or I can just use stuff once or twice a week and risk the mild itchy reaction. hmmmm

I react to whey protein (it gives me abdominal cramps). I tried many alternatives. I've settled on Now Pea Protein. It's sugar and flavor free. I make a green smoothie big enough for before/after my workouts. Perfect macros for lifting. Lots of spinach with flax, chia (really helps curb hunger), Greek yogurt, 1/2 apple, 1/2 pear + one cup of frozen blueberries. Each smoothie has 32g of protein and is less than 300 calories. It's no dessert, but I don't taste the protein powder.
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like BiPro whey protein isolate. They have one that's unflavored and has no sweetener. 1 scoop is 80 calories for 20g protein. I like that I can add it to just about anything (like any flavor smoothie, or chocolate milk, etc.) for a protein boost without clashing flavors or using up extra calories for the sugar.
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I take Lipo Fyre - 31g of protein in 1 scoop (40g) in chocolate flavor... I am not a big fan of the taste but it has lots of protein!
    How many grams of protein in total do you ladies take per day especially when you do weight lifting?
  • lilv711
    lilv711 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eat the Bear. Vanilla and Cookies & Cream are quite delicious.
  • k1tsun3
    k1tsun3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use The Protein Works. It's the best tasting protein I've ever had. They are always adding new products and flavours. The breakfast fuel has been a life changer- it keeps me healthy when needing a very quick breakfast.