3 Day Quick Fix

Options

Replies

• dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    dkwi04 wrote: »
    Almost don't with day one. It's not horrible but I'm not enjoying it either.

Where did the rest of my post go. Ugh! I'll re-write it when I get home.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 Use spices and herbs! A dash of cinnamon on the sweet potatoes. Absolutely must use spices in the blander than bland egg whites. Some cumin and cayenne pepper in the ground turkey is great! Herbs and spices can get you though this easily.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I did use spices. Thing is, after a few meals if all tastes the same lol. Even though I mixed it up. Chili spices. Then garlic and onion. For the egg white, probably not approved but I used Tabasco to get it done.

Hate drinking EVCO. Not sure how I'll keep that up

Still have two meals left to get in. I'll eat again at 6 and 8. Don't want to skip because I feel like I need it.
  • moominpoo
    moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Forgot about the 3DQF !! Might have to do this next week when I finish :)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @moominpoo I'll be doing it next week too! I figured I would finish each round of 21DF with the 3DQF. I didn't want to start and finish each round with it so I chose to end each round and be done.
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just noticed my 3DQF will be on Friday Saturday Sunday next week. Oh joy, what a fun weekend that'll be lololol
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @cupcake570 Unless you absolutely have to go see family or do something, you could spend the weekend at home, away from temptation. Maybe get some spring cleaning done or something. That's what I plan to do next weekend when I do the 3DQF.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Looks like I only dropped 1 pound during the three days. Very disappointed
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 I just checked and I only lost around 1lb as well.
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Do you feel it's worth it or will you just follow the normal plan next round?
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i feel like ending the 21 DF with the 3 day QF will almost result in false readings at the end. whatever you drop with the 3 day QF will be right back within like 24 hours. so what's the point? i want real weight loss.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    It's not fake. You are still eating the calories. It's a good mix up for the body. I'll probably do it again as I love the idea of carb depletion.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @michellemybelll I didn't regain the weight. I honestly thought I might but I think mostly it just reboots your metabolism. Your body gets used to anything--diet, exercise, etc. I guess the 3DQF is like the anti-cheat weekend or something. You spend three days eating very simple foods and then on the first day off you're still eating to your target calories but now you can have fruit and dairy and fresh veggies and it feel soooooo decadent!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    SatiaRenee wrote: »
    @michellemybelll I didn't regain the weight. I honestly thought I might but I think mostly it just reboots your metabolism. Your body gets used to anything--diet, exercise, etc. I guess the 3DQF is like the anti-cheat weekend or something. You spend three days eating very simple foods and then on the first day off you're still eating to your target calories but now you can have fruit and dairy and fresh veggies and it feel soooooo decadent!

ok, that kind of makes sense i guess. in any case, i'm glad it's working for y'all who have tried it :smile:
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    The scale dropped a smidge for me today - I think it was a true weight loss.

SatiaRenee is right, its sort of like a refresh. But do a search on Carb Depleting, you will see. Your body uses the carbs/sugar first - so when you deplete yourself of carbs then your body will turn to the right stored fat to burn. Some people also do an intermittent fast to do something similar. I've done both and I think I might prefer the carb depleting.
  • cupcake570
    Options
    I've decided not to do the 3DQF. After looking at the meal plan, I just can't do it. I don't eat fish and I'm not a big meat eater so that's just waaaaaay too much meat for me. I'd be gagging and be ruined for life LOL! So I'm just going to continue on with the regular plan.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I start my third round of the 3DQF tomorrow. Going to be steaming things today to be ready for tomorrow. And I plan on really enjoying my fruits today. And my blue container. ♥
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Started the 3DQF today and nearly forgot to melt the coconut oil. I weighed myself, just so I could see for certain how much I lose while doing this. Anything? Nothing? 1 lb? More? I guess we'll know on Monday.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Good luck!

I really wish we could just cook with the coconut oil. But I did get use to it by the last time I had to take it LOL
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Good luck! Just the thought of all that meat makes me gag lol! I think I might go vegetarian once I hit my goal.