Ad Lib April {April 15th}

Options
2»

Replies

• gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    At my official weigh in yesterday I was down one pound to 213. That was nice. My lowest true reading since starting. Don't know what it will be tomorrow, but I'll take it. Since April 1st I"ve been consistently between 214 & 216 so a dip down 1lbs doesn't give me confidence, but it does give me hope.

I'm not counting anything but I mostly just eat meat, cheese, eggs, mustard, mayo, butter and pork rinds. So... take that as you will.

What I find interesting though is that I did used to eat cheese as a meal at times and suspected it was stalling me. So what was interesting and may be conincidence, was that Tuesday I had NO cheese and Wednesday morning I was down. Wednesday I didn't have cheese either and today I'm the same. So I've decided to alter my own experiment and take the cheese out for the rest of the month.

Otherwise... people are actually noticing weight loss even though I've only lost 10lbs total so far. It's very interesting.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Just discovered a minor problem with not logging: failure to eat enough. Had a nice breakfast this morning. Skipped lunch (not hungry). Went for a run before dinner. Plenty of energy, no hunger, but showed signs of hypoglycemia after the run (skin tingling, light headed). Just finished bingeing on pecans and bacon jerky. Much better. :)

Note to self: remember to eat.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    So I'm pulling out of this challenge. I'm still in the obese category weight wise - and once I get myself out of that I may well consider giving it another shot. I like the idea of ignoring calories and being able to eat to hunger and still lose :)

Sorry to see you go. Maybe one day. :smile:
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    gsp90x wrote: »
    What I find interesting though is that I did used to eat cheese as a meal at times and suspected it was stalling me. So what was interesting and may be conincidence, was that Tuesday I had NO cheese and Wednesday morning I was down. Wednesday I didn't have cheese either and today I'm the same. So I've decided to alter my own experiment and take the cheese out for the rest of the month.

Cheese tends to be a problem for me. I love it, but I can't eat as much as I want.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I eat a lot of cheese (a slice with this or that), but I do plan to cut back unless whatever I'm eating really needs it (and if I cook it right, it shouldn't).

I do love sauces made with goat cheese, though. Mmm.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm home. I'm a kg up this week which is very likely stored glucose and water from the past couple of day's carbs. I haven't overeaten, I ate most days either very low or no carb and was quite active so I'm confident this will drop again now I'm back home and into my routine.

1st April 141.5
    4th April 140
    19th April 141
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    (oops - posted this in the wrong spot!)

finally checking in again. i decided to start zero carb last saturday and i sort of fell down the 'zeroing in on health' page rabbit hole on fb. (:

feeling really good so far. i did have a weird episode with eggs this morning, so those are out for a while. also cut out dairy (except butter) & caffeine. mostly it's beef, bacon and some seafood, plus water right now.

feels so liberating to be free from counting, logging, or even really worrying about food all that much.

sleeping super well, moods are calm and even, clothes continue to fit better and i can almost see my abs! (: still haven't stepped on the scale but i feel strong and not bloated or flabby. my pms was mild this time (unbelievable for me).

gonna keep keeping on!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Way too much drama on the ZIOH FB lately. I've been ignoring most of it. It's just easier to focus on my meat and ignore the infighting.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I have gone ahead and created the thread for Wednesday. Obviously, wait until then for updates.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I have gone ahead and created the thread for Wednesday. Obviously, wait until then for updates.
    Mwah! ;) 22 hours to go for me...