April miles bring big smiles

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Another new month, a chance to set a new goal. Record miles or KM for the month. Running, walking, crawling, hopping, skipping, swimming...you name it, counts! Who's with me?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pvhy7syfjMGey051L-ng6BQw9y8yfxXrPwoENE0xAPE/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options
    My goal is 178 miles. The weather is getting nicer and while I know I probably won't hit 178, that is what I need to be on track for my year goal so I am listing. Hopefully I will get my monthly hundred and start chipping away at my deficit. At least spring is finally here and it is above freezing most days :-)
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My goal is 128 miles for April. I'm still making up for lost time from January and February. I did pretty well in March almost making my original goal of 65 miles. My runs are getting longer these days so I don't see that I'll be behind for much longer. YAY for Spring :-)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    It starts tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwwww :smiley:
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Giving this a try. I'm not even sure where to start now that the weather has gotten warmer (I love taking long walks when I can fit them in), so I'll start low and can hopefully set higher goals as the year progresses.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Okey dokey I'm going to go for it in April! Lots of walking to be done :D
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I set a running goal of 60 miles for April. I will make it a total of 125 if I'm adding walking and biking to it.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 120 miles walking :D
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Slow start to the month but I got in some good miles today and if the rain holds off I might try for another walk after the baby wakes up. I have tomorrow off (or at least going in late) so I am going to plan on waking up at my normal time and get in a ride on the spin bike before the furnace repair man comes.
  • jemsurf
    Options
    I haven't done much running this week. I have a half marathon Saturday, I'll make up a few miles that day ;-)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Slow start to the month. My allergies have been killing me which has prevented me from running. I found a new allergy med that seems to be working better. Hopefully it will keep helping and I can get in some miles later this week while the weather is nice.

• mamarundrc
    Options
    I am starting to think that my year goal may have been a bit ambitious. I guess only time will tell!
  • jemsurf
    Options
    You haven't hit the warm months yet, don't count yourself out!!!!!!!
  • MrsSpitser
    MrsSpitser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! New to this group, just joined. I wanted to join a group that is encouraging and this one seems to be! I have severe sciatica, so my fitness goals are baby steps compared to everyone else. But I weigh 354 pounds and I gotta get this weight off to be able to get rid of this sciatica. So... my goal is to walk at least a mile per day. Outside walks, apart from my normal daily activity. Everyone feel free to send me a friend invite. I need all the friends I can get on here!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    jemsurf wrote: »
    You haven't hit the warm months yet, don't count yourself out!!!!!!!

Good point... Been doing a bit better, getting miles in. Still chugging away.
  • jemsurf
    Options
    Are we going to do a spreadsheet for May?
  • jemsurf
    Options
    GREAT job @rebeccatherine for reaching for goal!!!!!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Yes! I just got back from a crazy weekend. I will have a May spreadsheet posted shortly