Fitness Challenge Maybe?

Options
124»

Replies

• Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like to try to keep my eating plan relatively simple. I usually follow Dr. Gott's "No sugar / No flour" guidelines. What's left is protein, dairy, fruits, and vegetables. The "allowed" carbs are foods like oatmeal, corn, and rice, which are not processed. Reading the ingredients labels is important. The fewer the ingredients, the better it is. Portions can't be "super-sized". I am almost 60, and in the past 7 years, my metabolism has slowed significantly. Don't get discouraged. A person has to just keep trying. What worked in my 30's, and 40's won't work the same anymore. A person has to just keep trying. Never give up.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Well, test results are normal - but proved what I already know. I'm fat! ha ha!! So if all is normal, then I need to figure out what I need to do to help my body lose weight. UGH!!
  • Debradotbzy
    Debradotbzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @jchrisman717 FP macros are set to 40 % carb 20 % fat and 40 % protein but am eating more like 40-30-30. I don't do super low carb mostly because of fiber in legumes. And wine.
  • Debradotbzy
    Debradotbzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @MFP macros are set to 40 % carb 20 % fat and 40 % protein but am eating more like 40-30-30. I don't do super low carb mostly because of fiber in legumes. And wine.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Debra - 40 30 30 sounds like it should work for you. But you may need to switch it up and try something new.

I bought an ebook from the ME plan (which I put on the FB group page). Here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Lose-Weight-Here-Metabolic-Stubborn/dp/1623364760

Its actually a great read and makes so much sense. I'm incorporating some ideas from the book but basically still following my 21 day fix plan (though not strict) and I'm seeing results. Is anyone here following the ME plan? I think it be interesting to see one of your eating plan days if you are.