How tall are you and how much is your goal weight

Options

Replies

• moralesa105
    moralesa105 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" SW 183, CW 162, GW 150. I really have more of a size goal. I'd like to be a 6. I'm in a 10 or pretty snug 8 right now.
  • uluvme2uno
    uluvme2uno Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2" and 146.6lbs. I have a broad frame--I was a pants size 7/8 at 112-117lbs; I could actually wear a size 9/10 if I wanted a loose fit. Skirt sizes ranged from 4-6 and dresses a size 6.

My goal weight is 120-127lbs with a toned/muscular build. I'll probably still wear pants size 9/10 and dress size 6 (small upper body and flat stomach).
  • Garlicmushroom
    Garlicmushroom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 3, current weight is 169 and aiming for 140
  • Mrsgiles2017
    Mrsgiles2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 and 128 pounds, my GW is 120 but it's so hard to lose weight at this point!
  • Brendadobb
    Options
    Current weight 130. Goal weight 120
  • carrotsandtea
    carrotsandtea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. My current weight is 152 and my GW is 140.
  • ALLCAPSKATIE
    ALLCAPSKATIE Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

"I'm actually currently in a size 8 and I honestly think the absolute smallest I'd be able to get is a 6 (although women's clothing is sized weird anyway).

But yeah, body fat is definitely the way to go.
    I got the results from my bodpod and they were way wonky (think it wasnt calibrated correctly) I'm going to have to rely on Internet calculators and my own measurements I think. My belly button and thigh measurements will probably be my go to measurements."

I was WAY more muscled at 145 than 130. (I was pretty well-muscled at 160 but I was carrying around a nice plump layer of fat.) I think I could maybe get down to a size 6 - maybe - if I ate very clean. But Idk if a 6 would fit over my thighs! At 145, my thighs were actually giant, like 25" while my waist was around 27-28". When I did a caliper test they could only grab fat on the very inside of my thighs...I think it really was solid muscle!

The whole visual effect of being very muscled at 145 was a lot slimmer looking than 130 or 160. My body looked great but I ripped a lot of pants. It was a lot of work staying that cut for that long.

Sidenote: I really tried to get that fit because I was coming up on a trip to China, and everyone I had heard from said that 1) the culture is very open about comments on appearance and 2) they think Americans are very fat. When I got there though, people were fascinated by how muscled I was and called me skinny all the time. I don't think the extremely cut/ripped/in shape female body ideal has reached them yet, since they all just seemed focused on being "slim."

Anyway, it's been really frustrating for me because the body fat calculators online don't seem to work well for me, because even though my frame is very broad and big, my wrists and elbows are thin. Like very thin. I have a long torso, broad shoulders and hips, but thin little arms and calves. So I try to measure progress by inches, but sometimes that doesn't work (see: monster thighs).
  • lemon_verbena11
    lemon_verbena11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". Goal weight of 126, currently a skinny-fat 139. I could eat whatever I wanted when I was on-demand breastfeeding a toddler, but now that I've weaned, I've outgrown my pants! So, it's time to start paying attention.
  • froggydelights
    froggydelights Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    "I'm actually currently in a size 8 and I honestly think the absolute smallest I'd be able to get is a 6 (although women's clothing is sized weird anyway).

But yeah, body fat is definitely the way to go.
    I got the results from my bodpod and they were way wonky (think it wasnt calibrated correctly) I'm going to have to rely on Internet calculators and my own measurements I think. My belly button and thigh measurements will probably be my go to measurements."

I was WAY more muscled at 145 than 130. (I was pretty well-muscled at 160 but I was carrying around a nice plump layer of fat.) I think I could maybe get down to a size 6 - maybe - if I ate very clean. But Idk if a 6 would fit over my thighs! At 145, my thighs were actually giant, like 25" while my waist was around 27-28". When I did a caliper test they could only grab fat on the very inside of my thighs...I think it really was solid muscle!

The whole visual effect of being very muscled at 145 was a lot slimmer looking than 130 or 160. My body looked great but I ripped a lot of pants. It was a lot of work staying that cut for that long.

Sidenote: I really tried to get that fit because I was coming up on a trip to China, and everyone I had heard from said that 1) the culture is very open about comments on appearance and 2) they think Americans are very fat. When I got there though, people were fascinated by how muscled I was and called me skinny all the time. I don't think the extremely cut/ripped/in shape female body ideal has reached them yet, since they all just seemed focused on being "slim."

Anyway, it's been really frustrating for me because the body fat calculators online don't seem to work well for me, because even though my frame is very broad and big, my wrists and elbows are thin. Like very thin. I have a long torso, broad shoulders and hips, but thin little arms and calves. So I try to measure progress by inches, but sometimes that doesn't work (see: monster thighs).

Hahaha! Nice. Maybe I will aim for the 145 goal weight. (I'm essentially you at 160 right now, well-muscled with a fat layer lol)

You are so right about the thighs. I live in leggings and ponte stretch pants. My size 8 pants fit just right at my waist and are snug in my thighs (thank god for the pants with a little stretch). And if I buy juniors clothing - fuhgeddaboutit. I have to buy several sizes up because I have too much leg mass, hahaha. My quads are hard earned though. I wouldn't trade them for anything!

I've heard similar stories about China and certain other asian cultures being very 'open' and critical about weight.
    Your story reminds me of my trip to Israel a couple years ago. I went with a study abroad group. I had been lifting heavily for a while at that point and we also had a track athlete with us. Her legs and my arms were often commented on by men. Her legs especially garnered a lot of uncomfortable attention. (They were cut! I was soooo jealous, kinda still am, lol)
    On another note, in general, they were a pretty fit society! In particular, Tel Aviv was full of often shirtless men working out on the beach. (Something to do with the required military service, I'm sure.) But like you said about China, I'm not sure the fit woman ideal was a big thing there.

Since body fat calculators don't work, I wonder if the Bodpod or Hydrostatic weighing would be a good method for you?
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weighing 147. My goal is 130, and then I'll go from there!
  • missdiaz1990
    missdiaz1990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7', CW 144 GW 130. I'm currently at 28% BF and hoping to get that down to 22%.
  • algingher
    algingher Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", I weigh 154 and my goal weight is 115-120 pounds.
  • Henninem
    Henninem Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'8". CW 142, GW 125. I have a really small frame and almost no muscle mass so even though there is nothing wrong with my weight I am skinny fat.
  • MrsClevenger11
    MrsClevenger11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my starting weight was 160. I weighed 142 when I got married 1 1/2 years ago. I want to loose everything I gained, and then some, maintaining around 135. CW 157.
  • boomersoonerokie
    Options
    I am 5'4", and I've actually hit a plateau. My current weight tends to be around 138 to 141 lbs. I've been on this plateau for more than a month, and I'm just trying to shake it! I don't have a particular goal weight in mind because I'll be happy once I reach 130, 125, 120... But once I reach 120 I'll become less serious about losing weight and focused more on eating clean.
  • phillipsx6
    phillipsx6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 110. Not looking to really lose too much more weight. Maybe a couple of pounds. Height is 5'1". I want to tone my body more and make it lean. When you are short like me, every little bit of weight always shows up I the wrong spots...even if you are not over weight.
  • nana19581
    nana19581 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'5" SW 150 CW 146 GW 130. Working on losing body fat while building muscle.
  • amandadotson00
    amandadotson00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey yall!
    I'm just getting back into my fitness, I've been on a 3 year "do what I want diet" lol
    Im 5'1" and weighing in at 150lb
    My goal weight is 120lb
    I know most women my height shoot for a lower goal weight but I have a curvy body shape, I carry majority of my weight in my bum and thighs, I have a small waist, bigger boobs and I carry extra weight in my upper arms so being realistic with my body shape I think 120lbs is perfect to maintain healthy curves
    As far as body fat, I have no idea where I'm at and what a realistic goal should be, over all my goal is to be tight, toned, able to run a 9min mile, at least 30 push-ups, and get flexible and strong to do those impossible yoga poses
  • nana19581
    nana19581 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 5'5" SW 150 CW 144.8 GW 130. Just starting to get serious about a fitness plan. 56 years old recently retired. Want to lose some weight and build muscle and tone.
  • Colleen183
    Colleen183 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 165 my goal is 145