Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    This program is really all about your body convincing your mind you can do it! Great job everyone!
  • happydrummingmonkey
    Options
    Today I did W4D3 and it went pretty good. The total was 3.54 km which is the longest I have run so far with this app. I have the feeling that I am slow but my heart rate was pretty high so I didn't push it.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day, so I'm fixin to go to the gym for some lifting. Tomorrow is week 3, day 2 (if you only count running days as days of your week, otherwise it's day 4), and I get to run 2 miles! I'm kinda intimidated by it, but I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    After graduating from the program about a month ago, I finally signed up for my first 5K event on May 17th! I'm continuing to run 5K twice a week to keep working on my stamina and speed.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    hbarnesccs wrote: »
    I DID IT! And it was actually my easiest day so far. I really surprised myself! And my pace was up! I'm far sweatier than usual, but I did it! Take that W3D1!

SNAP!! Me too, I'm on the same week and day. SMASHED it!! Finally figured out the cadence/speed thing. I had it all wrong Meandering mammal :) I think I was confused because my foot was not striking on the beat when running, I thought I was going super slow, payed extra attention today and realized I am doing about 150bpm when running yay, thanks for the help meandering mammal :)

Glad that was helpful
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 5 day 1 yesterday and even managed an extra 3min run after a 2min walk.

Also recieved my Half marathon confirmation through post yesterday - I'm so excited, and love a challenge and glad I have something to focus on... all beit 13.1 miles :#
  • JoyT613
    JoyT613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 of my program is the dreaded 20 minute run. Well, today was slightly more stressful that I anticipated so I ran the twenty minutes and then kept on running. I ended up running for 28 minutes straight! I'm super proud of myself and SOOO EXCITED to get out and run again in a couple of days!!!
  • ChelleBelle2708
    Options
    JoyT613 wrote: »
    Week 7 Day 1 of my program is the dreaded 20 minute run. Well, today was slightly more stressful that I anticipated so I ran the twenty minutes and then kept on running. I ended up running for 28 minutes straight! I'm super proud of myself and SOOO EXCITED to get out and run again in a couple of days!!!

Thats fab!! I'm dreading that stage too. I'm totally hooked with running now and find I'm bored on my rest days
  • Brans34
    Options
    My second run of week 3 is tonight, after someone gets home to watch the baby. It's a 2 mile run. I'm thinking, that if I can run the whole thing, it's gonna be more than a 20 minute run! I know my cardio is getting better, so I REALLY hope that I can manage running the whole way. Wish me luck! :smiley:
  • hbarnesccs
    hbarnesccs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    W3D2 today! I joined the gym today, and actually found that it was harder to keep going on the treadmill than in the road the other day! Still had so awesome workout, and I'm excited to incorporate weights on my rest days now. I still don't see how I will even be able to run 5 minutes without stopping at this point, but one day at a time...
  • Brans34
    Options
    I DID IT!!! I ran the ENTIRE 2 miles! The first one was the hardest, then I knew that I only had to make it "just back to the tennis courts" then "just to the bridge, " then "just to the next bridge and that'll be more than 2 miles!" You know, for good measure to make sure I made it at least 2 miles of running, because I went about a quarter mile during my 5 minute warm up.

I am so freakin excited! I just ran for TWO MILES! I just ran for 20 minutes straight! I love this program!
  • Brans34
    Options
    W3D2 today! I joined the gym today, and actually found that it was harder to keep going on the treadmill than in the road the other day! Still had so awesome workout, and I'm excited to incorporate weights on my rest days now. I still don't see how I will even be able to run 5 minutes without stopping at this point, but one day at a time...

It amazes me how different the C25K programs are. When I first started, I just assumed they were all the same. I just did week 3, day 2 also, but mine was a two mile run; walking when/if I needed to. And it took me 20 minutes to get the 2 miles. I don't have an actual "20 minute run" scheduled until week 8, which is also the last week in my program. AND it's the last day of the program, besides the one that says "5K race day!"
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »

It amazes me how different the C25K programs are. When I first started, I just assumed they were all the same. I just did week 3, day 2 also, but mine was a two mile run; walking when/if I needed to. And it took me 20 minutes to get the 2 miles. I don't have an actual "20 minute run" scheduled until week 8, which is also the last week in my program. AND it's the last day of the program, besides the one that says "5K race day!"

Wow, 20 minutes on week 3. I can't imagine, I would not have made it... I'm on W3D2 as well today, mine was 2x 1.5 min run and 2x 3 minute runs I was so proud I did it... Had to do it on the treadmill today as we are having a bit of a rain problem in Sydney. Much prefer outside but it was interesting to see what my M/K we're, better than I thought. I'm a few weeks away from having to do 20mins, Well done Brans34 :)
  • hbarnesccs
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »

Wow, 20 minutes on week 3. I can't imagine, I would not have made it... I'm on W3D2 as well today, mine was 2x 1.5 min run and 2x 3 minute runs I was so proud I did it... Had to do it on the treadmill today as we are having a bit of a rain problem in Sydney. Much prefer outside but it was interesting to see what my M/K we're, better than I thought. I'm a few weeks away from having to do 20mins, Well done Brans34 :)

Sounds like we are on the same program. This is the same as mine. My problem is definitely that my legs tire out before the rest of me.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    Options
    I'm using NHS C25K app through work and we're on Week 5 - each of the 3 sessions this week are different. Today is day 2 and we have 2 8 min runs. Friday, 3rd session is 20min run, and then its back to alternating times again

I'm heading out now with the group into Sunny London
  • Brans34
    Options
    I'm using RunKeeper. Its an app I downloaded a few months ago just to track my walks, and I loved it. I started playing with it, and found the training programs. I started running a little bit on the treadmill at the gym, just to see if I could...really trying to push myself. Four different times, I ran for either a minute, or a minute and a half, with a minute or minute and a half between. Whatever I needed to catch my breath. Then, I decided that since I could do that, maybe I'm ready to be able to start the C25K program. It doesn't say I HAVE to run the whole 2 miles at this point, just as much as possible. I just pushed myself, and managed running the whole thing. My next workout is a 45 minute brisk walk or light jog, then I have one that is run 1 minute, walk 1.5 minutes, 10 times.
    It really is amazing how fast you can progress when you really push yourself!
  • blantonjm197
    blantonjm197 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D3. I'm really enjoying the longer running time and looking for to starting W4D1 tomorrow. I've looked ahead at what's to come in the next 2-3 weeks( W5, W6, W7) and I'm excited to get there.
  • blantonjm197
    blantonjm197 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I completed the final workout tonight! W8D3 done!

Distance: 2.28 miles
    Time: 30:14
    Avg Speed: 13.16 min/mile

Woohoo, feeling good :smiley:

Nice work. I'll be there soon enough. what's the plan now. Maintain or 10k training program.
  • hbarnesccs
    Options
    Completed week 3 today. I'm fine until I get to the last 3 minute run -- then I just want to die. Scared about next week, but I know I can do it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Completed week 3 today. I'm fine until I get to the last 3 minute run -- then I just want to die. Scared about next week, but I know I can do it!

As your runs get longer, you might have to slow down. Good job!